Special Ops Paintball: leaving your pods? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

leaving your pods? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

As far as marking my pods go, I generally label my clear ones with an insane amount of USPS Priority Mail stickers. Free and more than hard to peel off or mimic.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#32 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

I played a scenario yesterday and today where I went through 6 pods in the last 15 of today play. I honestly didn't have time to put any of them back in my pack with the firefight being so intense for the final objective. So....I dropped every last one of them. I ended up getting shot out with about 3 minutes left. I went back to the dead zone and didn't get back to the area where my pods laid for about 10 minutes. I found every single one of them untouched.

It more or less comes down to what kind of crowd is at the field. But in general during a fire fight I drop them if I'm in a fire fight and put them back in the pack any other time.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#33 User is offline   TheECP 

• Less QQ more Pew Pew
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:12 AM

depends on the size of the field really.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'........and I'll look down, and whisper 'No.'" -Rorschach

#34 User is offline   Biz Kizzle 

• DncIsk>siW
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Biz Kizzle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

i put mine back in my vest unless i'm in a very small game, like 3 on 3 with friends, but then i don't usually take more than 1 or 2 pods with me.
|\/|`/ |\| /-\ |\/| E |s BR| /-\ |\|
SO feedback +6/-0 Automags.org Feedback MCB feedback
Proud Tippmann Owner (A-5, 98 custom, Pro Carbine)
AUTOMAGGOT #144!!!! "Your mother is a baseless cylinder" - Adam S, classic.

#35 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

I drop my pods but I pick them up after the game...

I never really loose pods...even if I dont get mine...if I walk the field at end of day after were done cleaning up I can easily find 2-3 laying around.

Peace,
Teddy K

#36 User is offline   EBOB HATRED 

• Random Hatred's Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:EBOB

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:24 AM

Same as Teddy K. Although for the pods I find, I ask if they belong to anyone. I'm nice like that, usually end up with them anyways. I am also willing to beat anyone who goes near my gear bag senseless, so no one does it. I've never had any problems.

This post has been edited by EBOB HATRED: 13 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard be evil!!! Knowledge is, That my team keeps my enemy's head down and there minds set on them. Power is, That I have a bead on enemy at point blank and they don't know it. Evil is, That they are powerless to stop me from pulling the trigger. Study Hard

#37 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:24 AM

Speedball, yes. If it is a woods game, the only time I don't is if I am in an intense firefight, usually I can easily in woods though. In speedball, I just drop them...

#38 User is offline   Das Cook 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:dascook

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

I usually DONT put empty pods back in my vest for a few reasons:
1) As a broadsword, its my job to lay down insane ammounts of covering fire. If I'm fiddleing with my vest, I'm not suppressing and that puts my sabers at a greater risk. At the field I play, we dont have much of a theft problem so at the end of the round, I almost always find all my pods and put them near our flag. I do not put them back in my vest, this leads me to...
2) With no empty pods in my vest, I always know how much ammo I have. Additionally, I never have the bane of pulling out a pod while laying down some proper ropes only to find.... And empty pod.

The attrition on my pods are usually 1 to 2 per day (to to being lost or dammaged). I use inexpensive pods and keep a healthy reserve in my bag, for both myself and my squadmates. (the pod I load them may be the pod they save our butts with.)

For Fast Movers (Sabers, Daggers, Ect...), by casting your pods aside rather than stowing them, you gain the advantange of faster bounding assults (a rapid and relentless advance is an essential component to a successful advance on an enemy position. After the firefight is complete and the enemy position is occupied, send a player or two out at a time to recover their pods and bring them back to your new position to quick recovery after the round. I would still advise not putting empty pods in your vest for reason #2 above.

Ultimately, It comes down to cost vs. performace. I have seen a few ideas in this topic on how to find a balance between the two. I like the sticker Idea. Custom (i.e. your Squads Logo and Name) stickers are available on the net and a fairly inexpensive if everyone on your squad chips in a little.

I hope this helps out,
-Das

#39 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

I always put my pods back unless it's a small speedball game. I always seem to have enough time to shove my empty pods back.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#40 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 6 2008, 09:29 AM, said:

On a speedball field or small tight field with quick games I may drop them. 2-2. 3-3. I never leave them behind on longer games or a field I don't know.

same here
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users