• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

leaving your pods? Rate Topic: -----

#16 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

View PostMaj Tom, on Apr 6 2008, 10:00 AM, said:

yeah no!...if i saw someone stealing my pods either off the ground or even OUT OF MY PACK!...you can bet that two things are going to happen:
1.) he gets lit up the next round...
2.) i take my pods back(one way or another)...

...since when is it alright to just blatantly steal other peoples crap...

...by that logic...."oh your DM7 is just sitting on the table, so i took it and put it in my bag....its legally mine now!"

anywho....

i have all my pods marked with a unique sticker or something sticker-esque....pretty much, on a small field, ill either drop them at my feet or give them a quick toss off the field...in a large woodsball field, if i have the time to out them back in...i will...else i drop them and wait till i have the time to put them back in...

#17 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Speedball I leave them.
With woods I just stick the tubes back in my pockets.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#18 User is offline   South 

• HURR DURRR
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

You had a problem putting the pods back in the vest?
Ive never had problems putting them back in, I actually find it easy to put em back in.

OA Scenario Productions Kobra Kommand 2 Blue Team MVP

#19 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

View PostSouth, on Apr 6 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

You had a problem putting the pods back in the vest?
Ive never had problems putting them back in, I actually find it easy to put em back in.

dude, i could not get it in even if i tried. i had to either get caleb or somebody else to put them back in
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#20 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

View PostCesar, on Apr 6 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Apr 6 2008, 10:00 AM, said:

yeah no!...if i saw someone stealing my pods either off the ground or even OUT OF MY PACK!...you can bet that two things are going to happen:
1.) he gets lit up the next round...
2.) i take my pods back(one way or another)...

...since when is it alright to just blatantly steal other peoples crap...

...by that logic...."oh your DM7 is just sitting on the table, so i took it and put it in my bag....its legally mine now!"

Its supposed to be tongue in cheek, and perhaps it's a general response to those who think it's fine to just take.

Common sense should take place - just because you see a pod does not mean you can take it. It also does not mean you cannot pick it up.

I play in the woods or scenario so do not normally have the speedball style situation where pods are dropped in bulk.

If there are a couple or more empty pods at a bunker etc and they don't look to have been there a week plus then leave them.

If it is a primarily rental site & standard pods then just pick up.

If there is one in a random location such as alond a path, or it is a full pod then it can imply it is lost. Therefore pick it up, but when walking back hold it in full view for anyone to claim. Back in the safe zone put it on a distinctive bench etc such as the shop or food area. Especialy if it is full, marked or a 'better class' of pod.

If your bench is fairly visible, or it is a basic pod then stand the pod on your bench for claim.

At the end of the day its up to your conscience. We are usually the last to leave, so if its basic and unclaimed it can be taken, if a better class of pod or personalised it should be handed in.

Most players will lose and find pods so it can be fair to take.

Not counting pistol tubes I have about 4 batches of pods:
- ancient 80 ball ones (wrapped in hazard tape) which should be retired and the tape on them holds half the lids on - but they are the only ones left which fit some of the pockets of one of my vests (wrapped in hazard tape)
- normal 140 pods, (wrapped in hazard tape) some I have bought some I have picked up
- free SpecOps 140 pods
- QPods

I play with either QPods or SpecOps pods, but bring the rest as spares and loaners. If I lose one who cares? It I lose a SpecOps I risk running down enough to keep my vest full, If I lose a QPod I'll be hunting through the woods!

I genreally return pods to the belt or vest straight away, but in a fire fight may drop where I am, or if defending a building will put them down as a matter of course.

#21 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

stuff them in your jersey...
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#22 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

If playing speedball I drop them. IF scenario I put them back in place, unless im in a rush then I uncomfortably shove them in between my body and my pod pack.

#23 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

it matters on the field. if i know its a good field with good people, i wil leave them (especially if it is small) . if it is larger, or if i dont know the field, then i put them back.

#24 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

I drop my Pods when I have no time to put it back in the pouch during a Heavy Fire Fight in a Scenario Game, especially when Im defending the Base, but when Im on the Offensive, I make it an effort to put my pods back into the Pouch, cause knowing myself, I will forget where I dropped my pods.

#25 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

Usually I only drop pods when it's absolutely neccessary...necessary constitutes as "If it has taken me 2 or more seconds fumbling around trying to get it back in." I usually pick them up after the action has died down.

With the guys I usually play with, I don't have to worry about dropping pods. I still only do it if I need to though.

As far as the "code" goes, I really don't agree with it, if you take it literally. If I see someone else's pods on the ground I either leave them there or, if I know who they belong to, I'll pick them up and take them to the owner. I usually go by the "Golden Rule" on that one, I know I would appreciate it if someone did the same for me(and this way it doesn't involve stealing).

#26 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

View Postflorentine, on Apr 6 2008, 07:08 AM, said:

well yesterday, many guys from here on the forums got together to play some paintball. i normally wear my pod pack but south wanted to use my pack, so i used his vest. well the pods were very hard to put back in without dropping them. so i would end up leaving them on the ground until we were done with the game. well some said not to because kids would take them. well what about you guys? do you leave them on the ground once you empty them, or do you put them back into the holster right after?

umm I usually do not leave mine I make alightle time to put them in their holisters..but in speedball thats a whole new ball game..
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#27 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Small field and not a lot of time, I'll drop them. But I always come back for my ammoless babies.

BUT if I see a guppy laying on the ground I take every time. Just watch for people like me.

I'll give it back...if you ask nicely.
I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#28 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

I just drop pods where I find them, but I mainly play speedball.

I got a buttload of free stickers from HB this year (50 from the Empire tent alone, for buying one hat!), so I just sticker the snot out of my pods so people know they're mine.

I've only ever taken one pod from the ground and kept it as my own. It was half buried and full of spiderwebs and dirt. I figured the original owner didn't miss it.

#29 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

pods can be great bait if its wired to a mine ;) :P *hence, i dont leave pods anywhere. i use tubes, same thing, tpyically tho, me and sharzilla are the ones with the 10 rd tubes so we swap ours alot.*
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#30 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

I put my tubes and pods back.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic