• You cannot reply to this topic

Mike Moore's latest letter Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   kubihibi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

Moore... that guy is funny. How much money does he make off his movies?

Then there is his flock of sheep...

#32 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostSuicidal Lemming, on Apr 6 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

Well, threads like these are what's wrong with today. Thing is, he often hits the nail on the head, especially in his films, and it's incredibly annoying to see everyone here criticising it just because they don't like to hear someone badmouthing such a major operation.

It may hurt to hear it but he has a valid point, as he always does. We went into the war to prevent Iraq using the WMD's we believed they had; turns out the documents stating they had WMD's was FORGED. We went in to take down a tyrant and bring these people a better life; we took out the tyrant but crime has gone up massively, with over 600,000 civilian deaths (that 90,000 one is unreliable, as the methods used to get that figure are acknowledged to miss around 30-50% of deaths eg. household counts, and many viable sources weren't even used!).

Iraq IS a mess, no two ways about it, I mean you didn't even have an exit strategy. That monkey of a president led you into it and now you have to stay before it's all sorted. But, if we were taken back to before the war and given the option to support or protest against the war, no sane person would support it. It has done NO GOOD.

I can't stand people calling Moore an idiot; he makes better points than any pro-war comment I've ever seen.

Because I'm sure the UK public is much more up to date on our own government conspiracies than us, the American public is. I'm sure that even though most of Europe, including the UK, has been pretty much exposed to mass amounts of US propaganda (mainly against Bush), that you would be able to realize the truth Micheal Moore speaks. Unlike us Americans that have been masked by the haze caused by the Bush Administration to keep us from revolting against our glorious leader.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#33 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Love him or hate him he stirs the pot and gets people talking and there is nothing wrong with that.

#34 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostAaronC, on Apr 6 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Love him or hate him he stirs the pot and gets people talking and there is nothing wrong with that.

Depends who's talking. If it people who base all their arguments on Moore's movies, there is something wrong with that.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#35 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

View PostMASER, on Apr 5 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

instead of dropping bombs we should drop him.

We're trying to keep collateral damage to a minimum, not take out Iraq and surrounding nations.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#36 User is offline   Suicidal Lemming 

• Yes, that is a lemming with an AK in my avatar, 2 points to you.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenixblade UK

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Apr 6 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

View PostSuicidal Lemming, on Apr 6 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

Well, threads like these are what's wrong with today. Thing is, he often hits the nail on the head, especially in his films, and it's incredibly annoying to see everyone here criticising it just because they don't like to hear someone badmouthing such a major operation.

It may hurt to hear it but he has a valid point, as he always does. We went into the war to prevent Iraq using the WMD's we believed they had; turns out the documents stating they had WMD's was FORGED. We went in to take down a tyrant and bring these people a better life; we took out the tyrant but crime has gone up massively, with over 600,000 civilian deaths (that 90,000 one is unreliable, as the methods used to get that figure are acknowledged to miss around 30-50% of deaths eg. household counts, and many viable sources weren't even used!).

Iraq IS a mess, no two ways about it, I mean you didn't even have an exit strategy. That monkey of a president led you into it and now you have to stay before it's all sorted. But, if we were taken back to before the war and given the option to support or protest against the war, no sane person would support it. It has done NO GOOD.

I can't stand people calling Moore an idiot; he makes better points than any pro-war comment I've ever seen.

Because I'm sure the UK public is much more up to date on our own government conspiracies than us, the American public is. I'm sure that even though most of Europe, including the UK, has been pretty much exposed to mass amounts of US propaganda (mainly against Bush), that you would be able to realize the truth Micheal Moore speaks. Unlike us Americans that have been masked by the haze caused by the Bush Administration to keep us from revolting against our glorious leader.

Yeah, that seems about right, apart from the anti-Bush propaganda. It's more a case of not getting the pro Bush propaganda as much.
IBTL
In Before The Lock

#37 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

People act like 4,000 soldiers were just sent to their deaths because they legitamently question the Administrtion's claims as to the rational and validity of this war.

I may not agree with Mr. Moore's opinions or views but wishing for his death because you don't agree with what he is saying seems a little extreme and just as radical as those we are supposed to be fighting.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#38 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

sorry im a little late on this, i was in south carolina.

anyone seen sicko? i havent. i really dont need to. i get the basic gist of it, and the yellow journalism on his part is gross. as if cuba has better health care than us :rolleyes:

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#39 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

ive never really cared for michael moore, i find him rather annoying. i kinda wish he could have been 4001...

View PostVeritech Squad, on Apr 6 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

View PostMASER, on Apr 5 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

instead of dropping bombs we should drop him.

We're trying to keep collateral damage to a minimum, not take out Iraq and surrounding nations.

ha nice.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

#40 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Looks like this might be resurrected...
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#41 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

I hope Mr. Moore knows that CONGRESS not BUSH CONGRESS. C-O-N-G-R-E-S-S declares war. And the democrats who control congress have had the loophole power to pull the plug on the war the last 15 months. Mr.. Moore needs to shut up.

This post has been edited by DARK_KIDO: 13 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#42 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

ahh it wasnt too old anyway.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic