#16 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

View PostFlakk, on Apr 5 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 5 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

...........and outright lies in his films to try to bully corporations and even the government......

I'm sorry,

What?

I THINK HE'S TALKING ABOUT INSURANCE CORPS AND THE LIKE. sorry to yell, had caps lock on, oops.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#17 User is offline   Flakk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flakk

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

What Moore is on about is that the Bush administration did not do it's job. He might make some unreasonable complaints that galvanize those of you on the Right, but I'm not celebrating year 5 either.

#18 User is offline   Helmi_17 

• You know the music...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Helmi_17

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

I dont agree with everything the man says... He brings up some good points though. And with some digging, sometimes you find him to be more correct on issues than you would tihnk.

Mike Moore is simply Fox News for those on the left.
...Time to dance!

#19 User is offline   Flakk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Bush isn't the first president to push the bounds of his authority. The difference is that previous leaders made significant gains for America by doing so. Moore is really milking this point.

Just don't get me started about congress.

This post has been edited by Flakk: 05 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

#20 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

...........and outright lies in his films to try to bully corporations and even the government......

I'm sorry,

What?

Since when does the private sector prostate itself before film makers?

You maybe aren't aware of what he does. He tries to make a group of people look bad on camera by totally stacking the deck, then he tries to get an interview with someone in charge so he can attempt to extort them into doing what he wants (he basically says "The cameras are rolling. Are you going to do the right thing? This is going to be showed on national TV either way."). It's sick. He never gives the organization a chance to properly respond, too. He always catches some hapless person who's totally unprepared and likely doesn't even know the full extent of the issue. Or they can't disclose it for policy or legal reasons without clearing it first. It's smear tactics. That's all it is.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 05 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#21 User is offline   Flakk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 5 2008, 11:13 PM, said:

I'm sorry,

What?

You maybe aren't aware of what he does. He tries to make a group of people look bad on camera by totally stacking the deck, then he tries to get an interview with someone in charge so he can attempt to extort them into doing what he wants (he basically says "The cameras are rolling. Are you going to do the right thing? This is going to be showed on national TV either way."). It's sick.

I know, He's an butt.

But don't let that distract you from the underlying issue.

Protip: Objectivity is your friend.

This post has been edited by Flakk: 05 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

#22 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

Oh, I'm objective. He tells lots of lies, and does harm to a lot of people. Besides the objective point of view, I flat don't like the guy because he's a clueless jerk. My tolerance for garbage is low. I actually walked out of a class once when a college teacher decided to show one of his films.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#23 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Apr 5 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

...Sure the stuff he says is horrible but your only getting one side of it...

Peace,
Teddy K

Can't you argue that same point for most, if not all, political documentary's? I mean, its how you get people on your side, if you only point out the negatives to people, they will dislike what your talking about more and more. Its a way to get people on your side without them knowing it.
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#24 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 5 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

Oh, I'm objective. He tells lots of lies, and does harm to a lot of people. Besides the objective point of view, I flat don't like the guy because he's a clueless jerk. My tolerance for garbage is low. I actually walked out of a class once when a college teacher decided to show one of his films.

oh, he does tell lie on top of lie. but if you can look past all his bias and bs, his basic message isnt too terrible. granted i dont agree with most of what he says, including the so called(by me, w00t) "basic message" what he says is still a valid arguement for what he thinks is how our country should be. which, even if you dont agree with it, protest in every form is the foundation of our nation.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#25 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:34 AM

View PostFlakk, on Apr 6 2008, 01:59 AM, said:

I'm sorry,

What?

You would be suprised.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

#26 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

View Postmrwaterbuffalo, on Apr 6 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Apr 5 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

...Sure the stuff he says is horrible but your only getting one side of it...

Peace,
Teddy K

Can't you argue that same point for most, if not all, political documentary's? I mean, its how you get people on your side, if you only point out the negatives to people, they will dislike what your talking about more and more. Its a way to get people on your side without them knowing it.

I've seen a documentary about the American Indian Movement with both the story from AIM and the Feds. :mellow:

#27 User is offline   Suicidal Lemming 

• Yes, that is a lemming with an AK in my avatar, 2 points to you.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenixblade UK

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Well, threads like these are what's wrong with today. Thing is, he often hits the nail on the head, especially in his films, and it's incredibly annoying to see everyone here criticising it just because they don't like to hear someone badmouthing such a major operation.

It may hurt to hear it but he has a valid point, as he always does. We went into the war to prevent Iraq using the WMD's we believed they had; turns out the documents stating they had WMD's was FORGED. We went in to take down a tyrant and bring these people a better life; we took out the tyrant but crime has gone up massively, with over 600,000 civilian deaths (that 90,000 one is unreliable, as the methods used to get that figure are acknowledged to miss around 30-50% of deaths eg. household counts, and many viable sources weren't even used!).

Iraq IS a mess, no two ways about it, I mean you didn't even have an exit strategy. That monkey of a president led you into it and now you have to stay before it's all sorted. But, if we were taken back to before the war and given the option to support or protest against the war, no sane person would support it. It has done NO GOOD.

I can't stand people calling Moore an idiot; he makes better points than any pro-war comment I've ever seen.
IBTL
In Before The Lock

#28 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

View PostSuicidal Lemming, on Apr 6 2008, 09:40 AM, said:

Well, threads like these are what's wrong with today. Thing is, he often hits the nail on the head, especially in his films, and it's incredibly annoying to see everyone here criticising it just because they don't like to hear someone badmouthing such a major operation.

It may hurt to hear it but he has a valid point, as he always does. We went into the war to prevent Iraq using the WMD's we believed they had; turns out the documents stating they had WMD's was FORGED Can I see an article verifying this?. We went in to take down a tyrant and bring these people a better life; we took out the tyrant but crime has gone up massively, with over 600,000 civilian deaths (that 90,000 one is unreliable, as the methods used to get that figure are acknowledged to miss around 30-50% of deaths eg. household counts, and many viable sources weren't even used!). Actually, it's more accurate. I haven't seen how the other one counts deaths, but the 90,000 count is way more accurate.

Data is drawn from cross-checked media reports, hospital, morgue, NGO and official figures to produce a credible record of known deaths and incidents.
A million dead is incredibly absurd. What does he think we're doing over there, putting them through the gas chamber? Finally, crime is expected to go up, according to Structural-Functionalism, to quick a change is going to cause some chaos. They just need some time to adjust. It's looking a lot better because they've been given time. But at the beginning, you take out a fascist dictator, and give them democracy, they're going to want to see how far their freedom goes.

Iraq IS a mess, no two ways about it, I mean you didn't even have an exit strategy. The only exit strategy needed is a boat. Right? Plus, how do you know, maybe they haven't released official records of the strategy to the public, we don't want the enemy to know what we plan. That monkey of a president led you into it and now you have to stay before it's all sorted. But, if we were taken back to before the war and given the option to support or protest against the war, no sane person would support it. It has done NO GOOD. Besides take out a murderous dictator.

I can't stand people calling Moore an idiot; he makes better points than any pro-war comment I've ever seen.IYO.

Moore has made a few documentaries I support. Those are domestic. I loved the Sodom-mobile. I loved what he talks about Bowling for Columbine, I don't agree with that one fully, but he makes excellent points. Frankly though, he's getting one sided without providing the alternative point of view. Documentaries are better with the other side, it allows us to form an opinion.

It's sort of like, getting homeschooled and only being taught creationism without being shown some evidence of evolution. No offense homeschoolers, it was the first thing to come to mind.

#29 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 6 2008, 02:22 AM, said:

My tolerance for garbage is low. I actually walked out of a class once when a college teacher decided to show one of his films.

Awesome Suace. :(

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

#30 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostSaltandVinegar, on Apr 6 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

View PostSuicidal Lemming, on Apr 6 2008, 09:40 AM, said:

It may hurt to hear it but he has a valid point, as he always does. We went into the war to prevent Iraq using the WMD's we believed they had; turns out the documents stating they had WMD's was FORGED Can I see an article verifying this?. We went in to take down a tyrant and bring these people a better life; we took out the tyrant but crime has gone up massively, with over 600,000 civilian deaths (that 90,000 one is unreliable, as the methods used to get that figure are acknowledged to miss around 30-50% of deaths eg. household counts, and many viable sources weren't even used!). Actually, it's more accurate. I haven't seen how the other one counts deaths, but the 90,000 count is way more accurate.

Data is drawn from cross-checked media reports, hospital, morgue, NGO and official figures to produce a credible record of known deaths and incidents.
A million dead is incredibly absurd. What does he think we're doing over there, putting them through the gas chamber? Finally, crime is expected to go up, according to Structural-Functionalism, to quick a change is going to cause some chaos. They just need some time to adjust. It's looking a lot better because they've been given time. But at the beginning, you take out a fascist dictator, and give them democracy, they're going to want to see how far their freedom goes.

Iraq IS a mess, no two ways about it, I mean you didn't even have an exit strategy. The only exit strategy needed is a boat. Right? Plus, how do you know, maybe they haven't released official records of the strategy to the public, we don't want the enemy to know what we plan. That monkey of a president led you into it and now you have to stay before it's all sorted. But, if we were taken back to before the war and given the option to support or protest against the war, no sane person would support it. It has done NO GOOD. Besides take out a murderous dictator.

I can't stand people calling Moore an idiot; he makes better points than any pro-war comment I've ever seen.IYO.

Moore has made a few documentaries I support. Those are domestic. I loved the Sodom-mobile. I loved what he talks about Bowling for Columbine, I don't agree with that one fully, but he makes excellent points. Frankly though, he's getting one sided without providing the alternative point of view. Documentaries are better with the other side, it allows us to form an opinion.

It's sort of like, getting homeschooled and only being taught creationism without being shown some evidence of evolution. No offense homeschoolers, it was the first thing to come to mind.

It's cool, SnV. Love the rest of your post.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users