Special Ops Paintball: X7 Sniper - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X7 Sniper An idea for an X7 Sniper, researched and worked hard on. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

X7G3, Sniper variant of the Mk9 X7G. See no sniper, hear no sniper, fear no sniper; or should you?

Mk9 X7G3 Sniper Kit $184.84:
- Tippmann Micro Tac Cap Cyclone Hopper ($9.95 @ Link)
- M16 X-Short Magazine ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- Tippmann/SO X7 XP5SD Foregrip ($34.95 @ SOPB)
- Konus Sight Pro 30 7244 ($79.99 @ Link)
- J&J A-5 16" Ceramic Barrel (P40.00 @ LVND)

Sniper Gear Kit $200.65:
- SO AGII Density Upgrade SO Digi (x3) ($74.85 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Hood Kit ($39.95 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Glove Kit ($19.95 @ SOPB)
- SO AGII Rifle Rag ($24.95 @ SOPB)

Notes:
- Changes the profile to low and long.
- E-Grip on semi or burst.
- Red/Green Dot Tube Scope is actually 1x37.21mm as reported by Optics For You and the Konus Website.
- XP5SD Foregrip is run without the mock silencer.
- No armament to add just in case you hadn't noticed.
- Not meant to PLAY as a "mil-sim" sniper, just meant to be more accurate than the base setup (X7G). Think more "marksman."
- The Ghillie Thing: Suit would be ghillied on all sides of the jersey, entire sides and back of the pants, and I'd have to improvise using a jersey I already have as a base layer for the ghillie to hang over the rear of the Dagger 7 Vest. Check the How To- Vest with Ghillie thread (credit to Phobeus).

Current Work:
- NCStar Bipod Quick Release ($29.95 @ SOPB). Doubt its necessary but you never know.

This post has been edited by Cheapo: 14 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

#2 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

I just have a minute so...

I think that you will have a lot of fun with this setup!!!!!

I would think you could still fit a 14" barrel with the shroud, and you will love the C-Series.

As for the sights I would recommend the open sight because it is very easy to clean. When I had my ADCO sure shot I could never get that tiny lens clean because there wasn't enough room to get my finger in with a wet towel.

You will love the love the dogleg to. I can't believe how long I was playing without it.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#3 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, your opinion will help me in considering which parts to buy. Topic to be kept up-to-date.

The advantages to the NCStar, although it would not be as fast, would be that it could probably take an impact far better than the SM13003C Yukon Reflex (Open) Sight, and the NCStar has lens covers, although I'm not sure how durable they are.

To keep it easy, I'll PM the person what I think of they're feedback, which I hope will be nothing but helpful. That way I won't have to clog my thread with more of my bullsh*t.

This post has been edited by Cheapo: 03 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

#4 User is offline   Not-Required 

• Beware of Bushes
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:not-required

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

I think that it will look sweet. (No i know it will look sweet) :laugh: Keep up the good work. Pm'd you with a sugestion.

Aloha,
Not-Required

Official Sniper #25 Official Saber #141

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

Have you ever played before? Is this your first marker? If you answered yes to either of those, please don't spend all that money yet then. You don't even know how you want to play or how you like to play. And you don't know what you want yet. Everyone "wants" to be a sniper when they start, everyone. But normally after a few games, they get bored with camping and move on to an actual active role.

I am not trying to knock your decision, just trying to help you. I'd recomend starting off with just an A5 or just a stock X7, and play with that a few times. THen if you feel you need to upgrade, do it then. Don't spend a grand on PB stuff you don't even know if you will like or enjoy. I have done it before, and it just stinks. All that wasted money, i could've kicked myself. Take it slow. Start off cheap, and then as you see you want more invested, invest then. Starting off huge can seem like the right thing to do, but if you buy all that stuff and don't like it, then it's a total waste, because you will never get back what you spent.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

If you look at his Brigade page he's been playing for about 3 years.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#7 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

The stock with the mask clearence is good but I've seen two stock shrouds made into one on the x7og.net
Heres the thing to show you what I mean.Posted Image

With a long shroud with mounting rails you can add a bi pod or anything else depending on the sitchuation
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#8 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Apr 18 2008, 09:30 AM, said:

The stock with the mask clearence is good but I've seen two stock shrouds made into one on the x7og.net
Heres the thing to show you what I mean.Posted Image

With a long shroud with mounting rails you can add a bi pod or anything else depending on the sitchuation

Thats a pretty flippin nice setup BB. Reminds me of the setup I saw on a gun magazine. Where did yo get the fake waffle mag on that thing? That's sick dude it reminds me of a SCAR

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

Ok, having been down the 'everything but the kitchen sink Tippmann' road, here's my recommendation, having been there and been playing for 8 years now: Don't buy this. You'll have wasted half your money when you turn around and sell it in 6 months for something more practical. I'll go through item by item.

TIPP/SO X7 Basic
TIPP/SO X7 XP5-SD Shroud
TIPP/SO X7 M16 X-Short Mag
If you're buying on looks and feel, I can't stop you. Just remember that these are purely cosmetic and just add weight.
JCS X7 Red Hot Power Tube (w/Delrin Hexadecagon Front Bolt)
Metal powertubes are nice because the plastic ones break a lot. If you plan to be doing a lot of shooting, it's not a bad investment, but they don't do anything for performance.
TechT Tippmann Cyclone Complete Upgrade Package (Ratchet, Shaft, Paddles, Cylinder Rod, Piston Housing)
Good. Cyclone ups are essential.
TechT Hair Trigger Pin Kit
Bad. These things will chew up your sear and hammer. If you want speed, get an E-Grip or R/T
Nitro Duck iReg N2 Tank - 90ci 4500psi
HPA good.
Nitro Duck iReg Piston Kit
Bad. Nitro Duck tanks are very tough, you'll never need this kit. And even if you do find your reg in need of a rebuild, you should send it to someone qualified to do it. 4500 PSI is not something for a home user to touch.
BT Paintball Apex Barrel for Tippmann A-5/X7 Paintball Gun
Good.
Special Ops C-Series X7/A-5 14" Barrel Blk
Special Ops C-Series Apex Adapter
Bad. CF barrels are vastly overrated. They're light, yes, but the fact that you can't swab them is a HUGE pain. Get a Lapco Apex-Ready barrel instead.
Special Ops A-5/X7 Cocking Handle Upgrade
Don't bother. This does NOTHING for your gun.
Konus Sight Pro 30 Red Dot Scope 7244
...eh, red dots are hit-or-miss. Personal preference. I like them on some guns, not on others. Don't buy an expensive one, though.
Tri-Level Tippmann X7 Tac Cap
If you don't like hoppers...
Tippmann X7 5x Velocity Spring Set
Good.
Special Ops X7 Dogleg (Awaiting Production, estimated cost of $119.95 included in total).
If you must get a stock, then the Dogleg is the way to go.
McNett Camo Form (Digital Woodland)
I wouldn't bother. Gun camo is overrated. I play with a bright, polished nickel-plated gun, and it's never given me away.

My Opinions about other sniper markers:
- No reason to sport anything over 16 inches, 18" is the longest you should ever need, anything else just gets in the way.
No reason to go over 14". 16"+ is purely cosmetic and starts wasting gas (Albiet a very tiny amount)
- No reason to put mil-sim-only mods on the marker, everything should have a purpose and function ($640 Green Needle 532nM Laser Target Acquisition Device, $3050 5-25x54mm Police Marksman Illuminated Reticle Rubber Sheathed Scopes, etc.) waste of money, run what you need, only (and try to save money while doing so).
Then what are the shroud and mag for?
- No need to mount an optic over 2x zoom. If you need to see that far, get a pair of binoculars, because you sure as hell ain't going to shoot that far.
2x is too much even

Suit ($400.40):
- Action Ghillie All Season.
- Action Ghillie II Gloves.
- Action Ghillie II Hood kit.
- Action Ghillie II Rifle Rag.
Ghillie bad! Trust me, as someone who's played with a lot of snipers and a lot of ghillied wannabes. Ghillie is only effective given 2 prerequisites: About 10 minutes beforehand where you can entrench yourself properly (Which won't run in your average 30-minute game) and a spot where you can go and NOT MOVE. (Which, again, won't fly well.) It's heavy, it's hot, it gets snagged on everything, it makes you look silly and it severely restricts your movement if you're using it properly. Paintball is far too dynamic and fast-paced for someone who can't move to be effective in 95% of scenarios. Invest in a set of Fusions or Marauders instead.
- SO Radio Pouch
- SO 2 Pod Tac Leg Pouch (Omnipat)
- SO Tac Bottle Leg Pouch (Omnipat)
- SO Deluxe Tactical Belt (Omnipat)
Just go for a vest instead.
- Proto Switch FS Anti-Fog Goggle (Olive Drab & Black)
- Proto Switch Thermal Lens (Smoke)
Good. Switches are great masks.
- SO Remote Cover (Omnipat)
Useful, it stops the remote from getting snagged and twisted.

My recommendations:
You should go for an A-5 instead of an X-7. It looks like you're trying to build a Tippmann for practicality instead of looks, which is great. However, the X-7 is just an A-5 in a fancy milsim shell, which is not practical. Plus, it and its upgrades are cheaper. If you're set on a Tippmann, get an A-5A2 with a dogleg stock (It's not listed on the website, but if you call and ask, I'm sure you can get it switched), E-Grip, Cyclone upgrades and Lapco Apex-Ready barrel and Apex. This will give you a much cheaper, lighter and just as effective gun. However, if you are set on investing $1000+ in a gun, then go for a Q-Bow instead. The Tac-One is a FAR better base marker then either the A-5 of X-7.

#10 User is offline   carl_the_sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Apr 19 2008, 09:59 AM, said:

Ok, having been down the 'everything but the kitchen sink Tippmann' road, here's my recommendation, having been there and been playing for 8 years now: Don't buy this. You'll have wasted half your money when you turn around and sell it in 6 months for something more practical. I'll go through item by item.

TIPP/SO X7 Basic
TIPP/SO X7 XP5-SD Shroud
TIPP/SO X7 M16 X-Short Mag
If you're buying on looks and feel, I can't stop you. Just remember that these are purely cosmetic and just add weight.
JCS X7 Red Hot Power Tube (w/Delrin Hexadecagon Front Bolt)
Metal powertubes are nice because the plastic ones break a lot. If you plan to be doing a lot of shooting, it's not a bad investment, but they don't do anything for performance.
TechT Tippmann Cyclone Complete Upgrade Package (Ratchet, Shaft, Paddles, Cylinder Rod, Piston Housing)
Good. Cyclone ups are essential.
TechT Hair Trigger Pin Kit
Bad. These things will chew up your sear and hammer. If you want speed, get an E-Grip or R/T
Nitro Duck iReg N2 Tank - 90ci 4500psi
HPA good.
Nitro Duck iReg Piston Kit
Bad. Nitro Duck tanks are very tough, you'll never need this kit. And even if you do find your reg in need of a rebuild, you should send it to someone qualified to do it. 4500 PSI is not something for a home user to touch.
BT Paintball Apex Barrel for Tippmann A-5/X7 Paintball Gun
Good.
Special Ops C-Series X7/A-5 14" Barrel Blk
Special Ops C-Series Apex Adapter
Bad. CF barrels are vastly overrated. They're light, yes, but the fact that you can't swab them is a HUGE pain. Get a Lapco Apex-Ready barrel instead.
Special Ops A-5/X7 Cocking Handle Upgrade
Don't bother. This does NOTHING for your gun.
Konus Sight Pro 30 Red Dot Scope 7244
...eh, red dots are hit-or-miss. Personal preference. I like them on some guns, not on others. Don't buy an expensive one, though.
Tri-Level Tippmann X7 Tac Cap
If you don't like hoppers...
Tippmann X7 5x Velocity Spring Set
Good.
Special Ops X7 Dogleg (Awaiting Production, estimated cost of $119.95 included in total).
If you must get a stock, then the Dogleg is the way to go.
McNett Camo Form (Digital Woodland)
I wouldn't bother. Gun camo is overrated. I play with a bright, polished nickel-plated gun, and it's never given me away.

My Opinions about other sniper markers:
- No reason to sport anything over 16 inches, 18" is the longest you should ever need, anything else just gets in the way.
No reason to go over 14". 16"+ is purely cosmetic and starts wasting gas (Albiet a very tiny amount)
- No reason to put mil-sim-only mods on the marker, everything should have a purpose and function ($640 Green Needle 532nM Laser Target Acquisition Device, $3050 5-25x54mm Police Marksman Illuminated Reticle Rubber Sheathed Scopes, etc.) waste of money, run what you need, only (and try to save money while doing so).
Then what are the shroud and mag for?
- No need to mount an optic over 2x zoom. If you need to see that far, get a pair of binoculars, because you sure as hell ain't going to shoot that far.
2x is too much even

Suit ($400.40):
- Action Ghillie All Season.
- Action Ghillie II Gloves.
- Action Ghillie II Hood kit.
- Action Ghillie II Rifle Rag.
Ghillie bad! Trust me, as someone who's played with a lot of snipers and a lot of ghillied wannabes. Ghillie is only effective given 2 prerequisites: About 10 minutes beforehand where you can entrench yourself properly (Which won't run in your average 30-minute game) and a spot where you can go and NOT MOVE. (Which, again, won't fly well.) It's heavy, it's hot, it gets snagged on everything, it makes you look silly and it severely restricts your movement if you're using it properly. Paintball is far too dynamic and fast-paced for someone who can't move to be effective in 95% of scenarios. Invest in a set of Fusions or Marauders instead.
- SO Radio Pouch
- SO 2 Pod Tac Leg Pouch (Omnipat)
- SO Tac Bottle Leg Pouch (Omnipat)
- SO Deluxe Tactical Belt (Omnipat)
Just go for a vest instead.
- Proto Switch FS Anti-Fog Goggle (Olive Drab & Black)
- Proto Switch Thermal Lens (Smoke)
Good. Switches are great masks.
- SO Remote Cover (Omnipat)
Useful, it stops the remote from getting snagged and twisted.

My recommendations:
You should go for an A-5 instead of an X-7. It looks like you're trying to build a Tippmann for practicality instead of looks, which is great. However, the X-7 is just an A-5 in a fancy milsim shell, which is not practical. Plus, it and its upgrades are cheaper. If you're set on a Tippmann, get an A-5A2 with a dogleg stock (It's not listed on the website, but if you call and ask, I'm sure you can get it switched), E-Grip, Cyclone upgrades and Lapco Apex-Ready barrel and Apex. This will give you a much cheaper, lighter and just as effective gun. However, if you are set on investing $1000+ in a gun, then go for a Q-Bow instead. The Tac-One is a FAR better base marker then either the A-5 of X-7.

:rolleyes: :laugh: I think I love you :heart: :heart:

#11 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

*everyone slowly walks away from carl as crickets chirp*
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Actually.. I hate to differ but with the whole nickel plated barrel thing, I've relayed recon on that alone not to mention gotten kills off of people who use them. It depends on the skill of the player. When players get inventive, then you run into a lil bit of trouble bit in my experience, not much trouble.

As for a Ghillie. You can build the stamina to use it and make it where you can run with it, I've been modifying and testing mine for months so that I can get it right. Limit your loadout and you can save weight. Walk on games usually don't require much of a load out.

Other than that I pretty much agree especially with the barrel length I use a 14inch myself.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#13 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

^

No offense, but ghillie is a joke in paintball. Action ghillie isn't horrible, but really that weight on real ghillie makes you slow, and if you need to retreat to regroup or relocate. I don't know how many situations i've gotten out of because of quick feet. ghillie just makes you look silly and the only people that will take extra care to know where you are is noobs.

On the colored gun, well one thing I've noticed in all my years playing often (since '01) I've yet to be shot by a paintball sniper. Also the only guns I own right now are a red and chrome sniper II, a maverick, a blue BKO and I used to own a green shoebox. I've yet to be shot by somebody that's hidden trying to be a sniper. I've been hit by ambushes and flanks, but those were all by experienced players who could set one up well with their teammates. None of those were by one lone player. Oh, I also only wear tournament gear. Sure camo looks good, but so does my WDP airtime pants and global conquest jersey. I have yet to see camo hide somebody (unless they were behind something) at distances closer than 60+ ft and lets face it, how many of you have longballed someone on the first shot without it being outrageous luck? After that first shot you're screwed.

Also on the idea of snipers, well every single one i've ran into fired on me way to early and gave away their position. If there's one thing that can screw a sniper over it's giving away your position with little paint and low firepower to fight back the oncoming slaughter. Really if I played sniper I would use a highend tourny gun and use a full hopper. Or I would use a tippmann with a full sized hopper and egrip.

Hey, I hope you don't get discouraged because of us. It's all you're opinion anyway, we're just trying to help you get an idea of what to do from our experiences.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#14 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:57 AM

View PostChaos Fiend, on May 3 2008, 12:27 AM, said:

On the colored gun, well one thing I've noticed in all my years playing often (since '01) I've yet to be shot by a paintball sniper. Also the only guns I own right now are a red and chrome sniper II, a maverick, a blue BKO and I used to own a green shoebox. I've yet to be shot by somebody that's hidden trying to be a sniper. I've been hit by ambushes and flanks, but those were all by experienced players who could set one up well with their teammates. None of those were by one lone player. Oh, I also only wear tournament gear. Sure camo looks good, but so does my WDP airtime pants and global conquest jersey. I have yet to see camo hide somebody (unless they were behind something) at distances closer than 60+ ft and lets face it, how many of you have longballed someone on the first shot without it being outrageous luck? After that first shot you're screwed.

I would disagree on the colored gun issue. Last week when I was playing paintball there was one guy who was wearing a MN Viking (purple & yellow) hat. I could spot him all over the field. I also play with a bunch of friends who have blue markers and I usually spot them before they spot me.

As for wearing camo, Just last week we were playing Hunt the Sniper. I was the sniper vs. 3 other guys. I set up in a gully beside a spruce tree that was 20 feet behind a bunker, and waited for the three guys to move down the field. It didn't take long for one guy to move into the bunker in front of me. Now I had been able to watch him through the spruce tree, and I could have shot at him, but I knew that my chances of hitting him were much higher if I waited until he moved to any of the three bunkers in front of me. He tristed as I shot causing the ball to bounce of his side, but he didn't even here where the shot came from he yells that I'm somewhere to him 2 O'clock, but I'm actually sitting to his 5 O'clock. I shoot him again as he's shouting, hoping that the noise will be covered up a little by his shouting. It was and the other two guys are looking arounf trying to figure out where in world I am. I eventually move to my right and preatty much circle around the field until I'm on the same side of the bunkers that their on, and quickly eliminate them.

As for longballing I can hit a 10"x10" target at 75ft 100% of the time, and those balls will break 90% of the time. A persons chest is a little bigger than 10"x10", but the problem is they usually are only showing part of their body or just their mask which is only about 8"x8". I can hit a 6"x6" target 100% of the time from 50 feet. Basically if you get within 50 feet of my ambush your a goner.

#15 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

Listen, if you want to be a sniper, don't use the X7. I hate those things. They are heavy, bulky, and don't feel right in your hands. Get something lighter. Other than that, the equipment looks great!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users