Special Ops Paintball: Ops Gear M82A1 Modle 98 shroud - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ops Gear M82A1 Modle 98 shroud dang. two peices of ops gear, pssh im spoiled :)

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

All Righty. because I dont know how to put up pictures im going to give you links instead. ( im cool like that)
so to start off, I purchused this for 108$.34C Canadian. ( higher doller FTW)
Ok to start this off im going to say its make up, what I think is aluminum. its rather strong and doesnt seem to bend even the slightest bit. I got it in a all black finish. and screws are all re-enfored nuts so there wont be any bending of the screws under lots of pressure.

The shroud put my tippmann 98 custom pro at 5.3 pounds without the tank on. no hopper. no barrel. yea, its heavy
the shroud itself has five picanny, weaver rails. three on the top one on the the top of the fore grip. after the feed neck mount, and one all the way back at the shoulder stock, ( i have no clue what that would be used for) Also it has one off set rail above the safty. and one below the fore grip.

the shroud has four screws, two on each side that go under the dove tail mount of your 98
the screws dont go very far and once everything is alighned you can pick the gun up by any point. fore grip stock cover, or the middle without it falling off.

( IT IS FIDDLE-LY so take your time getting it right) you can completely mangle your dovetail mount by being stupid and not look when you have to.

BTW. the fore grip is 12' so, if you have a 12' barrel good luck screwing it in.

I'm using a 14' barrel and it just comes out of the fore grip. ( im looking at getting a 16 or 18 inch barrel.)
and if you do decide to buy this. make sure you get a sling for it too. it gets real heavy, real fast.

oh and and back end of the dove tail mount ( the raised thing, iron sight if you will) goes above the shroud. the shroud itself will be touching the top of your reciever.

make sure to use a flashlight when placing the body over the reciever, if those screws are messed up you'll end up screwing them into your gun.
SUPER LINK!

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 26 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users