Special Ops Paintball: guns and players - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

guns and players does the player make the gun or gun make the player Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   tippmann addict 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tippmann addict

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

this past weekend my team and i played at a field with some speedballers. i think 1 or 2 where actually good but the others just had equipment. they had the lastest etek ego and shooting like 28 bps. but we could still take them and we had 98 pros and like the a-5 and x7. we did good but in my opinion the player makes the gun and if a good player has a bad gun he can still work w it and get some kills. but i don't think that having a good gun will make you good. you can get some paint flying but thats it. let me know what you think on this. let me know if you think that the gun makes the player or the player makes the gun. i only have a 98 custom pro, its not like the etek ego, but u love it its super accurate and light weight. and i do good with it. so let me know your thoughts. thanks
Si vis pacem, para bellum."

if u want peace prepare for war

official sabre, go for the gold! TIPPMANN GO ALL THE WAY!

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

I was once told by a pro pool player, "Learn to play using the hall's cues. They may be warped and badly weighted but if you can play a good game with them you'll be ready for anything when you buy a good stick."

The same philosophy applies to paintball. Expensive gear is worthless if you don't have skills.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   jumpman81 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jumpman81

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:17 AM

If I had something like a SAW or a M4, I would be better off than if I had a pistol or an older gun.

But If I had no training, I wouldn't really be a match for the person w/ the pistol who has 2+ years of it.

This post has been edited by jumpman81: 25 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Northeastern Assassins

#4 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

The way I see it, the player makes the gun. I know of a person who went out during a big game with nothing but grenades and a Tiberius pistol and still ended up taking out lots of people. Unless the objective is to put some paint out for cover fire, it doesn't do much good to shoot 15bps let along 28bps if none of the shots are hitting anything. The way me and my friends describe it is like this: the gun is an extension of the person. If the person is good then the gun is good.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#5 User is offline   Wimpy 

• I make stuff up... don't listen.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wimpy

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

The player makes the gun. Easy... so easy... Now give me a harder question.

#6 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

Since this is in the Sabre thread, I have to say that we make the gun fit the player. I can run around with a pistol or with my Delta Elite, and still work with it. Its just a matter of adapting. Puz pretty much summed up the whole topic with his one post. If you're playing speedball, you dont want an Iron Horse or Double Troubles strapped to your body, and if you're playing woodsball you dont really need a marker that can shoot 28 bps out of a single barrel. These are just basics of overkill. Ive heard many times of pumpers wiping the floor with teams that use guns with every attachment (even the kitchen sink). Skill is something that is learned, and since I have yet to see a gun that has injection tubes to feed you mental and physical ability-boosting goodies(while this is surprising), it still has to be done the old fashioned way.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#7 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

The player makes the gun. The gun fits the player. The players make the game. The game fits the sport, and the sport makes the players.

'nuff said. :D
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#8 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

i pity the fool whgo says the gun makes the player. he would die in a fiery pit.

but the player makes the gun indefinitly, like everyone says. i say that i have a 98, and people say, well, you must suck. but by the end of the day, their welts usually prove otherwise.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   lemming83 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lemming83

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Well obviously the player makes the gun. An unskilled player with a top of the line gun will be beat by an experienced player with a rental. What you have to look out for is the seasoned player with a superior gun.
While there is nothing wrong with learning on lesser quality equipment, I'd have to say that most people's skills will improve much faster if they could afford to start out with a good high quality marker.
(Just my opinion)
Sig Nuked as too graphic and inappropriate-Aussie

#10 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

The player definitely makes the gun. I think it's really good for someone who is just starting out to learn on a gun that isn't so great. It teaches you to rely on skill instead of your gun. After you've been playing for a while though, it's nice to upgrade. You should only upgrade when your skill outgrows your current setup. So basically, if your gun is limiting your ability(This doesn't happen too often)/skill, and having a better gun would allow you to utilize 100% of your game, then yes, it's time to upgrade.

#11 User is offline   WoodsSniper 

• R.I.P. Dime
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

You have to have knowledge and skill to be good, but good equipment does help you bring your skill to its peak.
All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. - Jimi Hendrix
Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=164293

My teams home field, take a look, especially if your from Mississippi
http://thomaspaintball.weebly.com/index.html

#12 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

I honestly laugh at anyone who said the gun makes the player.

#13 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 25 2008, 07:54 AM, said:

I was once told by a pro pool player, "Learn to play using the hall's cues. They may be warped and badly weighted but if you can play a good game with them you'll be ready for anything when you buy a good stick."

The same philosophy applies to paintball. Expensive gear is worthless if you don't have skills.

You took the words out of my mouth on that one. ;)
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#14 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

its a combonation of the guys experience and ability to work with the marker he has that makes a good player, if you give a guy that likes playing with a pump and give him a full auto gun, you ain going to get better resualts
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#15 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

I'm just as good with my pump as with my DP. Nice equipment helps, but only so much.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users