Special Ops Paintball: Commander Conversation thread v2 - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Commander Conversation thread v2 Commanders talk about Commander stuff Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

View PostHurricane, on Apr 2 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

good to hear!!

does anyone know anything about writing scenarios and then having them come to be? im interested in my team starting writing and producing them... but have no clue how to do about that.

- Hurricane

Hoooh boy. Yeah, I can help, although you should probably check with the Colorado players and get their opinions on my games first. I'm convinced that they're being extra-nice around me, becuause NONE of the games I've planned have gone off perfectly.

First rule is make it fun for both sides. I've mostly written North Korea vs USA -- so I try to give both sides something cool to play for, because nobody likes being a communist (holding off a Democrat joke here...)
Second rule is to be flexible. Like I said before, nothing ever goes exactly how you imagine it going, so be ready for ANYTHING. I usually keep a few spare missions handy in case I have to even out the score.
Third rule is to communicate very well with your game staff, both before and during the game. Keep your refs talking to your cash-takers, talking to your score-keeper, talking to everybody else. It's a jungle out there!
Fourth rule is to keep your head up; even if you think the game is going horribly awry, you may be very surprised at how people react. No, they don't hate you for wasting their money. THey had a good time, because in the end, it's all paintball.

I'm over-simplifying it.... you'll learn quick if you try it out. One tip that I can give you is to do a dry-run -- basically talk your way through the game with everybody involved, so everyone knows what should happen.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#47 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WolfPackColonel

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostHurricane, on Mar 24 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

View Postprophet_subgenius, on Mar 24 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

Actually I hear that it costs less.

thats probily because there are like thousands of people there. do you have any clue how big the field is?

The field is bout 710 acres, I think, not positive. Quick question, i'm having problems with keeping my team in formation, when we are under attack everyone splits up and i'm stuck with 2-3 people left and we have to do a fighting retreat. I talk to them bout it but when the going gets rough most of em scatter for cover far away.

#48 User is offline   cowcow2831 

• ME
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cowcow2831

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

Solve it Russian style. "Die, but do not retreat." -Stalin Then shoot anyone who retreats.
L.I.P Matt

#49 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

View Postcowcow2831, on Jun 18 2008, 05:08 PM, said:

Solve it Russian style. "Die, but do not retreat." -Stalin Then shoot anyone who retreats.

lol. i was playing with my team and i said something along the lines of "stand and fight or ill shoot you myself" lol. (i wouldnt seriously exicute them, but it was all out of fun and we stood our ground and ended up winning)
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#50 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

Ok, this may seem like a Necropost, but I dunno, I think this thread still has value to it.
By the way, sorry I've been away from here so long. I turned into lounge bum, lol.
Official SpecOps FC

#51 User is offline   JOHNQ25 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Make some drills, like ambush, contact, brake contact, covering fire, feedback info, learn them to be cold like steel and focused, to share info even under fire. You ll know that they learned when they are gona be under heavy fire, surrounded and still they gona be saying jokes to each other... Im telling you this because it happened to my guys :P

#52 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

idk, just thought on a good note My team just became sponsored! so the small guys can really do it to! good luck to all of you and Hows everyone ending the season?

- Hurricane.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#53 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

ending the season, lol. come on, paintballing in the snow is fun as hell! just buy winter paint, which IMO actually shoots better than summer paint, lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#54 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on Sep 30 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

ending the season, lol. come on, paintballing in the snow is fun as hell! just buy winter paint, which IMO actually shoots better than summer paint, lol.

you know lol good point. it does shoot better, well my team plays throughout the winter just less. apparently it snows a lot in the northeast. ha
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#55 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

View PostHurricane, on Sep 16 2008, 08:12 PM, said:

idk, just thought on a good note My team just became sponsored! so the small guys can really do it to! good luck to all of you and Hows everyone ending the season?

- Hurricane.

My team does not have an "end" to the season. We are out in Florida so we have the weather to play year round. But to top off the year, the first week of November we are going to an 8 hour BYOP scenario at Wayne's World of Paintball to burn what paint we have left, and the first week of December is the Grand Finale 24 hour Scenario at Wayne's World, so that oughta be fun.

This post has been edited by magnadoid: 30 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users