Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann/Special Ops A-5 Dogleg Air-Thru Stock Kit - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann/Special Ops A-5 Dogleg Air-Thru Stock Kit Review by KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#1 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

Period of Use
1 Year

Similar Products Used
Special Ops Commando Stock

Key Strengths
Allows you to look down the barrel.
Easy to disassemble for cleaning.
Very solidly built.

Key Weaknesses
Snug fit can be tricky to install.
90 degree angle can easily be overtightened!

Review Body
When I first got my Dogleg stock form Special Ops I was really excited and pulled it out of the box and started attaching it on my A-5 right away. It was a little tricky getting the braided hose to bend around under the fore-grip, but with a little muscle & determination I finally succeeded.

With the stock and fore-grip attached I shouldered it and looked down the sights. It was a breathtaking experience being able to see down the sight just like a real weapon... but somehow the stock didn't seem like it was attached tightly to the marker. So I looked in the box for the spacers I had seen earlier. After taking the stock off and adding a spacer, I found that the push-pins no longer pushed in. I ended up using a hammer to tap them into place. The stock now felt like part of the marker.

Now that the stock was on tight I took it outside to try it out. I screwed on a CO2 tank, but hadn't cocked the marker and gas was rushing out the barrel, so I quickly cocked it. Then to my absolute horror the plastic split where the 90 degree hose adapter screws into the stock, and CO2 was spraying all over. I quickly shut off the tank, and examined my predicament. It seemed to me that the 90 degree adapter had been overtightened and added extra stress to the plastic causing it to split under pressure.

I emailed Special Ops and they sent me the necessary information to send it in and get it repaired. They said I should have it back within a month. I was surprised when less the a week later the stock was delivered again. I took it out and examined it. They had sealed the split and the stock looked good as new.

I decided to take out and try it again. This time I cocked the marker before I gassed it up, and everything went fine. I suited up in my paintball gear and went into the woods were I have a course set up with plastic bottles to practise with. For the first time my A-5 actually handled like a real weapon, with my 12" C-Series Barrel, and a remote hose, the Dogleg stock was balanced just how it should be. I have an ADCO Sure Shot sight, and I was able to throw the marker up to my shoulder and squeeze off 2-3 shots and nail a 2-liter pop bottle at 50 feet while on the move.

Aside from the overtightened 90 degree adapter this product is able to withstand a lot of punishment. I have used it in -12F temperatures without any problems. Even the widest masks will allow you to see down the iron sight, or through a red dot without having to get an offset rail, or riser. My first shot accuracy increased by at least 60 percent. I highly recommend this stock to anyone who wants an air-through stock that allows easy use with any mask.

One thing that many people don't know is that when cleaning your A-5 with a dogleg, there is a screw on the back that points toward the barrel. This screw attaches the "dogleg" part of the stock, to the stock "adapter plate"(the adapter plate is where the push-pins go into the stock). You can unscrew this screw and the stock comes right off, then there is no need to unscrew your hose from the 90 degree adaptor. Just remove the tombstone from the A-5 and your stock is off the marker.

When compared to my friends Special Ops Commando stock, this stock blows his away. He always has trouble with his mask having to find the grove just right to look down the barrel, but he still can't get low enough to see through the iron sights. With the dogleg I have no trouble looking through the iron sights, or my red dot.

Conclusion
This is a very good product for anyone who wants to increase their first shot accuracy. I give it a 9 out of 10 because of the 90 degree adapter problem.

Product Rating
9/10

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#2 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

Quick question....

When you screwed in the 90 degree adapter into the rear stock, did you teflon tape the nipple or just screw it in?
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#3 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

View Postlonegunm4n, on Mar 16 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

When you screwed in the 90 degree adapter into the rear stock, did you teflon tape the nipple or just screw it in?

I put teflon tape on it just to be safe.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#4 User is offline   mrwaffles 

• Part time crazy person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mrwaffles

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:47 AM

Sorry for the bump but I figured other people might be thinking the same thing, so I figured I'd ask instead of PMing you.
-Does the stock come with everything you need to run it off of CO2 right out of the box?
-What kind of hose does the stock come with?

Thanks

#5 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

View Postmrwaffles, on May 26 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Sorry for the bump but I figured other people might be thinking the same thing, so I figured I'd ask instead of PMing you.
-Does the stock come with everything you need to run it off of CO2 right out of the box?
-What kind of hose does the stock come with?

Thanks

After adding the kit onto the A-5 you can hook up your remote hose to a C02 or HPA tank and start shooting without any problems.

My stock came with a steel braided hose that goes from the stock to the tombstone. Although I have seen others that came with a black hose instead of the braided one.

#6 User is offline   lardlad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lardlad

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Would a 9-oz CO2 tank be able to fit under the stock, without being connected via remote line? I have an expansion chamber that I would like to keep on the marker, yet I would also like this stock, so I was just wondering if the CO2 tank could stay without all the remote crap.

Tippmann Owners Club #119

#7 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

View Postlardlad, on Feb 22 2009, 08:04 PM, said:

Would a 9-oz CO2 tank be able to fit under the stock, without being connected via remote line? I have an expansion chamber that I would like to keep on the marker, yet I would also like this stock, so I was just wondering if the CO2 tank could stay without all the remote crap.

Yes, you can have a 9oz tank screwed into the ASA and just forget about the air through if you want. You should be able to use the stock just fine.

#8 User is offline   lardlad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Are you sure? And even then, do you think that my head would still be able to fit in between the 'legs'? Have you tried this? I just want to make sure before I dump $100.

Thank you for the quick response!

#9 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

Yep, I ran with my 9oz. on it once, when I first cracked my stock.

millernj from A5OG.net used to run with a 20oz. tank on his ASA with his dogleg. He has the non air-thru http://www.a5og.net/5-photo-gallery/23250-...dogleg-5-a.html

#10 User is offline   lardlad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Great then, thank you very much. After watching some of your youtube videos, seeing your signature, looking ata few of your reviews.. sir, I believe you may be the biggest contribution to the A-5 paintball community on the specialopspaintball forums, and I thank you for that. Please continue to make things easier for the rest of us, sir.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users