Special Ops Paintball: Broadsword Style Weapon - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword Style Weapon Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Style of Weapon for a Broadsword (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Which style of weapon should a Broadsword use

1. Assault- M16 w Grenade Launcher (17 votes [24.29%])

Percentage of vote: 24.29%

2. Reconnasionce- MP5 (3 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

3. Heavy Hitting- SAW 248 (31 votes [44.29%])

Percentage of vote: 44.29%

4. Long Rifle- Sniper Rifle (1 votes [1.43%])

Percentage of vote: 1.43%

5. Tactical- M4 (8 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

6. Other- Explain style of weapon (10 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

I said M4. Regardless of wether its one gun or two, the M249 is a real world hammer due to the sheer amount of rounds going downrange. If you use a Tippy A5/X7 with an upgraded E-grip, it fills the position of the Broadsword.

Rounds per minute from a M4 Carbine - 700 standard, up to 950 Used as a standard infantry weapon for light suppression.
Rounds per minute from a M249 SAW - 1,000(can exceed but superheats barrel and can cause damage) Used for heavy suppression, generally slow moving or in a entrenched position.

So, for general purposes, the SAW matches the Hammer and M4 is a match to the Broadsword. Not to knock anyones opinion, I like the idea of using a M249 as a base for a Broadswords gun, it just seems like it would get a bit heavy and impede movement if you were on the move with a squad.

This post has been edited by Shadow Sparda: 16 April 2008 - 04:14 AM

My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#17 Guest_Idea_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

See I think that a Hammer would be the guy with the Grenade Laucher. One of those belt fed ones...That's just my opinion.

#18 Guest_jp58_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

well i play with an x7 with folding foregrip, stock front end, front sight only, and the g36 folding stock, and an apex... looks alot like a suppressed scar-h but black, and it has a decently low profile and feels right to me, i guess it my ergo perfect marker...

#19 User is offline   MurderFX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MurderFX

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

I voted other. I'm not stating that those markers listed aren't great but I've always prefered other style markers that are smaller. I personally use one of my autocockers or my Ion. The other broadswords on my team use an Epiphany, a Proto PMR w/ Ultralight, Proto M5, and DP Fusion F8.
Kevin
~ owner & driver of cars ~
#187 Outlaw Posse

#20 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

Ok, first gets your facts straight. The M4 Carbine is capable of firing rates up to 700 rounds per minute. But they are much less because it takes 4 seconds to change a mag.

The Minimi or C9 or M249 as you americans like to call them, have a maximum firring rate of 900ish rounds per minute. The usual fire rate is something closer to 2 boxes, or 400 rounds per minute. The firring rate of an old gun, that has not been throughly cleaned in a while is 700 rounds per minute. They do not exceed the rate of 900 rounds per minute, and if they do its a random spike. So no they do not have a rate of fire over 1000 rounds per minute.

Normal Military procedure has the M16/ M4 rifles as the main body of a Section (or squad, silly yanks) with 2 C9 or SAW gunners acting as fire support (that there is the Broadsword) Then there are 3 sections in a platoon. There is then one C6 GPMG 7.62 machine gun (or M240) per platoon. Those guys are the hammer.

Now everyone who has said that the Broadsword is a rifleman, suck it up, if you feel like a rifleman go join the sabre bandwagon. So in a milsim prospective, the broadsword would need a machine gun and not a M16 style gun. However most of us real worlders (those not obsessed with the specops positions) use whatever fits. I use my mag, that has a Revvy, and a tank on the gun itself. Nothing more, nothing less. Light and tight, able to put the ammo down range.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#21 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostLord Scythe, on Mar 13 2008, 03:05 PM, said:

pesonallly i think you should do your own thing mix and match just make it look good im also a broad sword i have an m249 stalk but im thinking of turning it into an ak

"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#22 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

By it's nature the Broadsword is a heavy gunner. I'd go with something around a m60 or saw gun. But the 98 with AK mods and responce trigger my bro has is pretty good. All he needs is a bipod and that's it. add a longer barrel and you can make it look and fire like a rpk or pkg or any AK variant the was made for the support gunner role
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users