• You cannot reply to this topic

Automag Good first gun? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

While a ULT'ed RT-ULE mag may cost much more than an epiphany, you won't grow out of it in 2 seasons and want something new :P

#32 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Well I did say that right after... :P

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#33 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

lol :D

Hmm, so automags continue to sound good, now I gotta figure out where to get the money :P

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#34 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Remember, mine was $100... people have gotten theirs for half that. If it's broken you can fix it with a $20 kit. If you really, really need an Xvalve in it then it'll cost more - but I don't think you really need that.

-Z3R0

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 11 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#35 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

So I've been watching here, automags.com, and ebay, is there anywhere else I should watch?

EDIT: A few of the Ebay guns say they leak, is that hard to fix?

This post has been edited by Goldenhand: 11 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#36 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

It's a $20 parts kit, MAYBE the need for a new powertube spacer kit as well. Probably good to buy both if you're going to try to fix up an old mag. Old mags had powertube springs, now they use spacers, so when the spring wears out you need a new spacer kit because you can't just get a spring anymore.

mcarterbrown.com ... There's a nice smart mag that's tempting me for $150

#37 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

Ok, now this may be a totally retarded idea, but I was thinking about just saving longer and getting a tac-one instead. From everything I've heard that would last me basically forever, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. It would be a good bit pricier, they looked like $500+ new, but if that would last me as long as I think it would I don't mind waiting an extra month or two to get it.

#38 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

View PostGoldenhand, on Mar 11 2008, 02:17 PM, said:

Ok, now this may be a totally retarded idea, but I was thinking about just saving longer and getting a tac-one instead. From everything I've heard that would last me basically forever, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. It would be a good bit pricier, they looked like $500+ new, but if that would last me as long as I think it would I don't mind waiting an extra month or two to get it.

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. If what you really want is a Tac-One then by all means save your money. It's always best to hold out for what you're really after than to blow your cash on something you know you're not going to be happy with.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#39 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Is there any downside to the tac-one? Harder to maintain? Break down easier? The only thing I noticed is that I'll need an HPA tank.

#40 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Needs HPA, bit more, but not much more, maintenance due to the level 10 bolt. But a classic with level 10 would be the same.

Personally, I would get a used, but listed as working/non-leaking classic just to play with. It'll be $100, get you out of the rental gear, and then save for the tac-one.

That's what I would do. But I've also bought markers I knew I would never intend to use just because they look pretty

#41 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

See, the thing is my friend who plays paintball usually plays later in the year, like towards august, so I probably won't be playing much anyways before that.

#42 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

You only play with him? You should hit the field all year long!

#43 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't have a ride otherwise :happy:
Honestly, I've played twice in my life so far lol. It's funny though, I have "real gun" experience so I'm actually more accurate then he is.

I'd love to play more this year, my problem has been it's like $100 a day with rentals, so I've been busier earning money to get my own gear.

#44 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, once you get your own stuff, it's cheaper. Also, spending more money on markers and paint makes it cheaper, because you don't have to spray as much as when you have a rental with a stock barrel, foggy mask, and dimpled paint.

The more money I spend on pumps, the less I end up spending each time I play :laugh:

#45 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

rental masks suck man, they were SOOO foggy it wasn't even funny...

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users