Special Ops Paintball: Howdy Everyone! - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Howdy Everyone! I'm a newbster, a girl, and just wanted to say, Hi. Rate Topic: ***-- 3 Votes

#16 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

cool to know that more famales are getting into the game. yea, buying that X7 wasnt the best decision but you did it, hope you like it though. i would seggest two things 1: get familiar with your surroundings 2: never NEVER take your mask off until you are off the field.
04 RX8 is my baby

#17 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to the forums! As some of the others have said, read the stickies - lots o good info there. They saved me from having to ask too many questions. They may also save you from committing "death by Puzuma"....

It's good to see such interest in the sport, especially from a female... My better half is quite fun to play with, and won't back down either.

Either gain access to a chronograph, or buy one and keep your (and anyone else that plays with you) marker at less than 300fps. Like was said 285 is a good starting point. It helps keep everything nice and safe. They can be had for as little as 60.00 - I just got mine today in fact. KEEP YOUR MASK ON AT ALL TIMES IN THE GAME!!!!!! <<<< I can't believe nobody has said that yet? (edit: Assasin beat me to it) These warnings aren't like the ones on a McDonald's coffee cup "may cause severe burns" - A paint ball WILL take an eye.

Good links for reading -
-choose your paint
-Tippmann FAQ
-1-I's medical folder <<<<< READ THIS
-How to chrono your marker

Other than that, have fun and enjoy the forums!

This post has been edited by ProX: 07 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#18 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

Welcome to the forum and sport. Just hang around here long enough and your bound to learn just about everything. Be safe and have fun playing.

Oh and nice marker choice. Add a picture to the players and their guns thread.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#19 Guest_NERVE007_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

[quote name='KillerTadpole' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:53 AM' post='1915167']
I like the looks of the JT Spectra Flex-8, I want it for full dome coverage, and in camo. I would like something I could put a fan in too. My marker, don't laugh please, I may say this wrong :rolleyes: is; Tippmann X7 pretty modded out. Okay, I'm just going to copy and paste from the site I bought it on.

I would recommend the Olive V-Force Grillz
If you have the money

#20 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

nice, good tip to tell on how to crono the marker, extremely usefull to avoid the emberessing moments :rolleyes:
04 RX8 is my baby

#21 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:96th TACTICAL DIVISION "DEATH DEALERS"

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

death by Puzuma- What is this?

Uh oh, I hope the Mods are watchin this Thread.- I'm not posting something where I'm not supposed to am I? Like I said I'm new to this.

Wasn't sure on how to qoute people.

The field that I will be playing on I think requires you to crono test before you can play, which they supply. That's actually the first thing I learned. I think they do there's at 280

I'm lovin all the tips, really appreciate it.

-Tad :comp:

Tippmann Owners Club #66

#22 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

View PostKillerTadpole, on Mar 7 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

death by Puzuma- What is this?

^^ best quote ever :comp:

Puzma: proper noun, (unable to pronounce without getting a concussion): a giant Canadian who serves as the Administrator of the Special Ops forum, can been seen in his natural habitat cracking skulls of members who violate the rules of SO.

hes a good guy so long as you don't get on his bad side, and no you haven't done anything wrong so don't worry

to quote someone you can either press the quote button below their post then hi add reply, or just press the reply button and it will immediately bring up quotes of the people

good to hear your field goes down to 280 thats a good speed to play at
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#23 User is offline   HunterOfMen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:OneShotExecuter

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Dear KillerTadpole,

Welcome to the grand sport of Paintball, and the grand forum of Special Ops Paintball! I'm very glad to see that we have a new member to the Grande Society of Paintballers (it's not official yet :comp: ). And now, I give to you my advise!

First thing, as many people said, choose a good mask. This is your single most important protective gear you will ever get. Period. Choose one that will:
a) Actually fit COMFORTABLY around your head. This means that you can keep it on for long periods of time without it hurting or falling off.
b ) Not fog up. What this means is that your lense will not fog up when playing due to your body heat, much like a car's windshield may do if it's cold outside and you sit in the car.

I personally would suggest a V-Force Profiler, or any other V-Force mask. They're very comfortable, and the selection of lenses for the mask is excellent, each of which won't fog up. However, this is just a suggestion, and the final choice is left up to you.

Unlike most of the other people who have posted up on here, I'm not going to condemn your choice for the X7 Sniper Mod. I've never used an X7 (I have a 98 Custom, so I have some experience using Tippmann Products) but what I can say is that you should have used the X7 stock, meaning no upgrades, just strait out of the box. Use that for a few games, get to know the marker itself, and learn what your playing style is. Spec. Ops has compiled a good list of attributes for the standard Paintball positions. Each of those positions have they're own section in the forums, so you can read up on each yourself, and choose. When you find a position that you like best (and try other things BEFORE deciding to become a sniper. Too many new people outright choose sniper, then find it's not for them, and quit all together. WE WANT YOU TO KEEP PLAYING! SEARCH THROUGH THE OTHER POSITIONS FIRST!) play as that position with your stock X7. When you do this, you'll find out the weaknesses in the marker for that position, so you'll be able to customize the marker for that particular playing style. And trust me, the X7 has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of upgrades to choose from!

Another tip for you is to choose your air source. I know, I know, some may think this isn't important, but trust me, in the long run, it is. The two most common forms of propellant are CO2 (carbon dioxide, which you should already know) and HPA (or High Pressure Air). CO2 is the most common propellant, but is also the worst when it comes to quality. CO2 doesn't work very well in cold weather, and also has the nasty habit of coming into the marker as a liquid, instead of a gas, which is BAD because it can do damage to the internal parts of your marker. However, CO2 is also the most common, and is very cheap to refill at a station. HPA is essentially the exact opposite of CO2. It works well in all weather climates, it's consistent, in that your velocity won't spike or fall as much, compared to CO2. However, it's more expensive to fill, and it doesn't give the same shots-per-tank as CO2.

If you do happen to choose CO2, then buy a regulator. This does exactly as the name says: Regulates the amount of CO2 going into the marker. Palmer's Pursuit Shop sells the best regulator for paintball, by far. It'll take a small break in time, to get adjusted to the CO2, but when it's all broken in, the consistency will be about that to HPA.

My last bit of advise to you is the most important of them all. Are you listening? Good. Now, here it is: MAKE SURE TO HAVE FUN! There, that's it. Remember, while Paintball may be a way of life to some, it is foremost a GAME. Make sure to have fun when playing it! Try not to get too competitive when playing it, don't be a sore loser if your team loses a game, and don't be a sore winner when you win. Make sure to keep it safe, keep it clean, and keep it fun!

Now, as ProX so nicely provided for you, read up on the stickies on the Forum. They answer a lot of questions that you may have, and also have a lot of safety tips. The one about 1-I is a MUST to read. Period. End of story. No arguing. It will show you the importance of wearing your protective gear.

Now, with all that said, go out there, play the sport, get good, and make sure to have some fun!

Again, welcome to Paintball!

-Hunter

This post has been edited by HunterOfMen: 07 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

#24 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

It's always great to see another girl get into paintball :D Welcome.
Alright first things first you got yourself a pretty good gun. However, the weight i think you might soon find is a lot, and I would reccomend an ion or mini. Paintball IS deffinately a workout, even with a *light* gun, you're still carrying 4-6 pods of paint, a hopper filled with paint, and a tank filled with compressed air... that adds up.
As far as the padding goes, that can be a good idea. I never used it, but then I also dont bruise. Always try it on before you buy it, whenever the clothing thing comes up... trust me, youre a girl, its not gonna fit like they say it will.

And now, not to be the bearer of bad news or anything, but be prepared. its HARD to be accepted as a girl who paintballs. the best ways to avoid being put down etc etc is to try not to hide. yes theres paint flying at you, yes youre a newb and therfor not very good, but they'll respect a girl who isnt afraid to make the dangerous runs. after that you should have an easy enough time.

#25 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

View PostKillerTadpole, on Mar 7 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

Uh oh, I hope the Mods are watchin this Thread.- I'm not posting something where I'm not supposed to am I? Like I said I'm new to this.

The reason why I said that is because in the Past, when the Opposite Sex steps into the Forum and introduces herself as a New Member....alot of members get overly excited, because the Majority of every Paintball Forum is Male and most tend act up like a Bunch of Prison Inmates.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 07 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

#26 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

haha, too true...

Well welcome! (reverse poetry! :P)

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#27 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 7 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

The reason why I said that is because in the Past, when the Opposite Sex steps into the Forum and introduces herself as a New Member....alot of members get overly excited, because the Majority of every Paintball Forum is Male and most tend act up like a Bunch of Prison Inmates.

Yep,

Average male hello I'm new here thread - ~40 replies
Average female hello I'm new here thread - 100+

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 07 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

#28 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Welcome to our wonderful sport, and this magnificent forum.

The THREE HUGE RULES FOR PAINTBALL BEGINNERS
1. BE SAFE: By far the biggest and most important. So many times a new person to paintball gets a nice shiny new marker and automatically thinks they're Rambo, and subsequently do stupid things, because they think they're invincible. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR MASK!!! I don't know how many times this is reiterated, but almost every time I go out to paintball with beginnners, they have their mask off at some point or another. I have duct taped masks to heads of players for repeated offenses. CHRONO YOUR MARKER! some new player always has the Rambo mindset and forgets to "Chrono" because he wants to shoot the other team so badly. (Chronograph=a shortened term for measuring and changing the velocity of your marker to be within safety limits.) Last weekend my neighbor was shooting his new 98 custom, and he was shooting way hot (too fast), and i pulled out my chronograph and he was shooting 365-ish (about 85 feet per second over my fields limit) and said that he hadn't touched the adjustment since he got it out of the box.
2. BE SMART: Applies to the above rule, but more so to playing the actual game. Many people who have heard that paintballs hurt go and hide in the nearest bunker for the whole game. Don't do this. Even if you're afraid of being hit, get out and play. You'll be taunted as a female player anyways, but if you get out there and kick some *ahem*, then you will be much more respected by the other players of the male persuasion. The Tactics Outpost and the Newbies Section of this forum are good places to look for advice on tactics for new players to own the competition.
3. HAVE FUN: 'Nuff Said. Get into the game, be safe and smart, and this will follow.

Gear wise...
Before you play, go out with your marker and run through a case or two. Practice reloading quickly, and snapshooting.
On the topic of protection, i don't know how much girls need "down there", but Dye brand Slider Shorts are really nice. A thick athletic hoodie like a Russel will fit better and provide similar amounts of protection to a padded vest.
Also some good boots or cleats are a must, second only to your mask.

Have fun!
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#29 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

HEY! welcome to the forums, sounds like you got a nice rig... no paintball gun will get too ridiculously heavy (i just put all my gear on and load it up and run on the treadmill =)) but yeah, paintball's a blast and i hope you have fun with it...ask all the questions you can to get you completely in-sync with the game
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   KillerTadpole 

• Tadpole...tah....dah
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:96th TACTICAL DIVISION "DEATH DEALERS"

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Mar 7 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

Prison Inmates- That's frickin hilarious

-Tad :laugh:

Tippmann Owners Club #66

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users