Special Ops Paintball: camo? what do you guys and girls like best - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

camo? what do you guys and girls like best i wanna get some new camo cant decide

#16 User is offline   Spartan Heart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spartan Heart

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

View Postmartzy, on Feb 29 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

i wanna get some new camo and i was thinking about getting some spec ops omnipat or spec ops digi was wondering what you guys liked best and if anyone is able to compare either of them to military camo like the new digi or multi with stories or facts or even opinions give me some info pleas

thanks

dude i dont know if i did this before u got the spec ops digi, but if u didnt i was lookin at it and it is the same price as the omnipat..... i was reading other stuff and the orginal digi wares out quicker than the omnipat so if u could change ur order if u made it I would!
Semper Fidelis- Death before dishoner- Fear is not an Option- Swift, Silent, Deadly
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done" (Saber)
Oorah!

#17 Guest_martzy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

View PostSpartan Heart, on Mar 3 2008, 02:16 PM, said:

View Postmartzy, on Feb 29 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

i wanna get some new camo and i was thinking about getting some spec ops omnipat or spec ops digi was wondering what you guys liked best and if anyone is able to compare either of them to military camo like the new digi or multi with stories or facts or even opinions give me some info pleas

thanks

dude i dont know if i did this before u got the spec ops digi, but if u didnt i was lookin at it and it is the same price as the omnipat..... i was reading other stuff and the orginal digi wares out quicker than the omnipat so if u could change ur order if u made it I would!

thats no big deal but im definately going with the digi i got the vest in black so i could use it with all my camo but it will look good and perform good also

#18 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

View Postmartzy, on Mar 1 2008, 07:15 AM, said:

ok well i already have surplus camo but i was thinking about getting the new military camo or spec ops stuff and the terrain veries the main place is darker colors such as brown, dark green etc. but it does very since i play at a number of places all with somewhat different terrain but i was just wondering really if any one had any experience with the new military digi and specops stuff and how well they work

Sorry it took me so long to return.

The new military digital is an improvement over regular BDU woodland, in my opinion. The Special Ops digi works very well, and the guy that I know who uses it (Our team Marksman, if you want to call him that), likes it. However, I find that some digital patterns are terrian specific. For instance, I use CADPAT. It's suited extremely well to where I live (Northwest). However, I'd be dead in the desert. Likewise, CADPAT AR works really well in the desert, but in trees I'm out of luck.

If you have a lot of dark greens and bright greens, digital woodland would probably be the best, in tie with Spec. Ops. Digi.

#19 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

In my 20 yrs of playing, I have never followed the crowd. However I can make this recommendation. I use a flight suit. Not the nomex brand, cause lets face it, why pay $200 for something your going to play in. Anyway this is what I use. It's the cheaper version, but very durable.

http://www.uscav.com..._9985_tabID_548

I've used this the last three yrs. Washes up great. Lots of pockets. Has velcro areas to put on patches. Comes in several camo patterens. Also for those hot day when on break, just take it off, cause you can wear shorts under it. Comes in several sizes. Just think about it and the extra cash you can save. You can buy a few other items with what you save. Hope this helps.
Later,
Blackrain :ghillie:

If you must go with the crowd, here's some more items at what I guess are good prices for multiflouge good prices:
http://www.uscav.com...10447_tabID_548
http://www.uscav.com...10434_tabID_548

This post has been edited by blackrain: 07 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

#20 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

I use this place alot too. Having a MULTI CAM sale also:
http://stores.ebay.com/Military-Griffin_MU...8QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Later,
Blackrain:)

#21 User is offline   Cross Centurion 

• Cap'n Kim
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CAPN KIM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

www.BDU.com

Free shipping over $50. I know people hate on ACU a lot, but I do think they work. Last week 3 guys on the enemy team walked right past me and the only cover I had was a very slight thicket.

The site above sells Multicam too, though, albeit in an ACU cut.
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

#22 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Crye Multicam

Check out the pics in the link, I'm definitely picking up some of the stuff!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Goldenhand: 13 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#23 User is offline   Princejohn1985 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PRINCEJOHN

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

I'll be getting CADPAT and Danish M84 soon so I can get some pics and info on those, I find German Flecktarn is a good all season camo and yes you can get it New but you have to buy form Germany its cheaper actually but Shipping cost around $40 compared to the average of $15 getting it shipped within U.S.A. you can get Danish camo their as well. PA inst much different from VA so I think these camos would work well though CADPAT and Danish M84 would only work in Spring-summer multicam would prob work well all season in the right terrain that is, MARPAT may be another good fall-winter camo.

CADPAT
Posted Image

Danish M-84
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

I've got ACU and I have SpecOps Digi, I also have non-digital woodland. I use whatever strikes my fancy.

#25 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

italien camo and dye green c7
works for me
Posted Image
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#26 User is offline   Arian57 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arian57

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

It all depends on your terrain. That said, multicam does a pretty impressive job of doing, at minimum, a decent job in just about all terrain types; it's also nearly a cloaking device in other terrains.

P.S.

I haven't seen camoflauge work.

That's cause you only see it when it doesn't work :P In all seriousness though, just like any other peice of equipment it won't work if you don't use it right.

This post has been edited by Arian57: 20 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

#27 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

I wear the good old fashioned woodland camo like they wore in vietnam, and it works. I'm a 325 pound guy. not easy to hide that kind of bulk. My friends and I were playing in my woods one day, and one of them told me they never even saw me until I fired. Since then everyone on my team (with one holdout due to money or something) wears the same camo. :(

This post has been edited by Unkel Fester: 20 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

#28 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostSilentMarksman, on Mar 1 2008, 02:50 PM, said:

Tourney gear ;)

I haven't seen camoflauge work. No need to dress up in uncomfordable camo when you can get some nice tourney gear.

Exactly you haven't seen it work. Just like ninjas.

EDIT: Dang it Arian57 beat me to it

This post has been edited by Dunceb4ll: 20 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#29 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

well, I remember when Multicam first came out, there was a Guns & Ammo magazine on tactical shooting etc, and they summed it up nicely:

"It's better to have camo that works well in your current environment, than the camo that works the best in another environment."*

I've seen MC in use, it's pretty cool how it blends in really well everywhere. ;) That being said, it's hella expensive. I like MARPAT and CADPAT, they work pretty well in most environments.

*that's not a direct quote, I'll see if I can find the magazine later.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#30 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Dec 20 2008, 08:47 PM, said:

"It's better to have camo that works well in your current environment, than the camo that works the best in another environment."*

This, of course, is completely true. Now, here is reality. How many people have enough money to buy 3-4 sets of camo, vests, pouches, etc. If you are loaded, then you can get away with that. Most 'ballers are of average income and can only buy one set. If you spend a little more to get the camo that works the best for you in most situations then it's cheaper than buying a set for each season. That is the reason for multicam, omnipat and other similar camos.

P.S. Camo works best when you don't move or move veeeerrrrry slooooowwwwlllllyyy.

This post has been edited by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou: 20 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users