Special Ops Paintball: Blackcell Ion Body + Blackcell Ion Saw Stock = Review - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackcell Ion Body + Blackcell Ion Saw Stock = Review

#1 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

I recently acquired both of these items in a trade, since I will be going with a Q-bow set up. I'll review each item separately, then give you my thoughts as to what they are like as a package.

Blackcell Ion Body:

I took off my old Ion body (stock) and installed this one right away. It was very simple to install, except for one minor thing. The front screw (mates the body with the grip frame) was hard to get put in. Once I got it in though, the access port in the top of the body made it very easy to screw in. It made my Ion a touch heavier compared to the stock body. It also somehow did make it alot easier to aim, I am assuming because I am using the edge of top rail as something on an aim point. My red dot sight (Adco 30mm) mounted right to the top rail in a snap. A complaint though: to mount any side rails, you have to drill a pilot hole in the side of the body to screw in the rail screws. It also doesn't have a sling mounting point, which means if you have stock that does include a sling mount point (see SAW Stock review), you have to find a way to attach the other end of the sling to it.

I have not yet added any of Q-bow components, but I will update my review accordingly when I get them.

Blackcell Ion SAW stock:

Once I got the Blackcell body put on my Ion, it was time to put on the Blackcell stock. It popped on in a flash, just a simple Allen screw. It is a bit heavier than I imagined, but you don't feel the added weight when the marker is shouldered. The added weight does become apparent when it is resting on a sling. The flip up shoulder rest is a welcomed addition to the SAW stock, and I must say, I wish more stocks out there featured it. When rockin' and rollin' full tilt and bringing the full bps of my Ion, I simply let the grip go and walk the trigger as fast as I can. With the front grip and the flip up rest, the Ion doesn't go anywhere. It stays nice and level and doesn't move at all. There is a single sling mount on top of the stock, up close by the shoulder rest. I love the air-thru feature of my stock, however, should I need to replace the macroline, I am not sure how to exactly do it. The macroline fitting doesn't seem to the more common push to release type of fitting. It feels pretty rugged, however, it does have it's moments where it feels cheaply made.

Feel free to post any questions and comments you may have.

-LG
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#2 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:02 PM