Who's a snipers biggest enemy? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• Watcher is my call-handle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Watcher, Dragon Army

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 26 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

Now if you take someone like me who can do both the medium rifleman and the sniper (though not too good sometimes) then that person could be the biggest threat. Think about it. He knows pretty much the general tatics of a sniper. Not only that he has firepower, he isnt at the direct front but can get there or back. Is suppose to be a sharshooter in their own right, and has more ammo than a dagger. The firepower and knowing how the sniper thinks will be a big threat.

That's me in a nutshell! :huh: except for that... not too good, thing... JK, I am a rookie sniper in experience but a master sniper in mentality, and a Med Rifleman with a heart of aluminum tubes, glass lenses, and crosshairs, lol.
All in all, the biggest threat to the sniper has to be decided on the spot... considering all enemy mentality the same but in different positions (like a videogame), and considering you stick to your tactics and attack the squad after they pass you instead of taking the point, I still belive the Daggar would be the most formidable member of the squad in counter sniper. The Med rifleman is probably better equipped mentally and physically to handle sniper situations, but the way a good daggar operates would be just caustic! Fast movement = hard to hit, especially since paintballs fly reletively "slow" in the ballistics world. True if he just flat rushes it is a dumb move by him, but if he plays like a daggar is suppost to play it'll be a hard battle. Med and Light riflemen would be the biggest opposition, other snipers already accounted for.

BUT, not all players are clones of their teammates. Look for the guy who is constantly scanning and has his marker "low-ready," and is always walking half-crouched and confidantly, ready to spring to cover on the first report. Anyone waddling along, marker at his side, chatting it up with his buddies is an easy after-target to get in the confusion: get him after your first shot and before he has a chance to fully understand what just happened.
The commander would be a good choice for the first shot IF the squad is in active maneuvers... if they are in a plan when the CO goes down the plan is lost, but if they are just walking down a path basically just a player is lost... unless you get lucky and the CO forgets to pass off the mission card, lol.

The person who is most alert and most observant... look for the guy that always points out enemy positions to his allies... and take him down first. Most likely, if he has the best eyes on the action, he is the best shot as well. Two birds with one stone!

This post has been edited by Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher: 26 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#47 User is offline   KILLSWITCH 

• OSF
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:K1LLSWITCH

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

I dont know who would be a snipers worst enemy but perhaps one of them could be an inexperienced team who ends of giving their sniper away especially in a ambush if someone shoots too early pretty much one that sets up their sniper to be taken out also what the Cavdragon said about an alert player but a inexperienced team with a good sniper is very vulnerable

#48 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:09 AM

I would have to think that the sniper's biggest enemy is SpecOps terms would be like others have said, an opposing sniper. If you have a mirror, or something close to it, of yourself, eventually you will run into the opposing snipe (if time and crossfire allows).

Less strictly, as in not so much of SpecOps positions, a Snipers worst enemy is time. Those of us who have played sniper before know that sometimes nothing will happen and the game will end. This can put some on edge and almost craving action and when a sniper does that and lets his guard and discipline slide, he will get his own butt shot. This is my opinion anyways. Might be flawed, might not be, but always something to keep in mind.

Doug

#49 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:09 AM

I would have to think that the sniper's biggest enemy is SpecOps terms would be like others have said, an opposing sniper. If you have a mirror, or something close to it, of yourself, eventually you will run into the opposing snipe (if time and crossfire allows).

Less strictly, as in not so much of SpecOps positions, a Snipers worst enemy is time. Those of us who have played sniper before know that sometimes nothing will happen and the game will end. This can put some on edge and almost craving action and when a sniper does that and lets his guard and discipline slide, he will get his own butt shot. This is my opinion anyways. Might be flawed, might not be, but always something to keep in mind.

Doug

#50 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

i have said before, and say again, that a dagger is the most annoying thing a sniper can come across

"look, theres a guy on his own"
*dagger walks past*
PAK!
"theres the sniper!"
"ohhhhh, erm, bums"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#51 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Reality when they find out paintball sniping is a big hype thing.
:)

#52 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

View PostSilentMarksman, on Mar 3 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

Why you gotta come in here and slam us..? We get it, no long range so no sniping, on and on and on...

The sniper's biggest enemy is the beliefs hipocrat, the person who says he is entitled to his own opinion on this topic yet pushes his view so far that it gets us all ticked-off. Why can't we all be civil about this and just stop the petty arguements. Its just a name, just like whether a certain airball bunker is a taco or a car-wash. Sniper or sneaker? Ultimately, who cares?

I'll use the terms "sniper" and "ghillie" to describe someone of this role because they are quick and easy to say and universally understood.

"Quick, there is a bush-like camoflaged, sneaky, accurate within paintball range, fieldcraft experienced, and reconnaisance gatherer on your left flank!" "What?" PAK "OW!"

User be warned: A guy hiding under a log the whole game isn't a sniper, he's a camper. Thusly a guy firing from a tall tower or far distance isn't a sniper, he's a longballer. You have to fit the role to be the role.

This post has been edited by Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher: 04 March 2008 - 12:38 AM

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#53 Guest_Ghillie Monk_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

:) is a snipers worst enemy

#54 User is offline   Pilotguy6591 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pilot6591

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Counter snipers are a snipers worst enemy. duh lol

This post has been edited by Pilotguy6591: 05 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Full-auto = ouch

#55 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

i read a bit of the thread (about half way through page one), and i'll finish reading it later, but from what i see, i'd like to add my input as a hammer. i started out playing the ghost flanker and ambush sniper position, so i know what its like.

i'll say this much. most sniper types recognize the need to eliminate enemy leadership, either the team commander, or the guy who looks like he's directing people. next would be the hammer. BECAUSE any sniper knows that once the squad gets shot at, and a member goes down, one of 2 things is gonna happen. the squad is gonna disperse to find cover, or the hammer is gonna play "lumberjack" and shred anything that moves, or all the bush in the direction of the shot. this means that i dont have to actually SEE you to take you out. given the twins' ability to cut through undergrowth, either i'm gonna indirectly get a running sniper, pop one on the mask/head/gun, or get a bounce off the ghillie. and if you run, you better run faster than i can crank.

so i would say that as far as a specific position goes, a rampaging hammer has it on a sniper who stirs his nest. HOWEVER if he takes the hammer out first, then the commander of the unit is still there to direct, and by the first shot, everyone has taken cover. now being that hammers are usually in the back because we're slow, means that you'd be executing a proper sniper tactic by taking out the last guy AFTER the squad has passed. where no eyes are looking. BUT, be warned, there are stragglers, and taking out an important member of the team like a hammer or commander is gonna light some fires of vengeance.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#56 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

Good points... everyone.
Really, any "role" designation has abilities against the sniper, it is a hostile world. Hammer has the extreme firepower, med-rifleman is overall good with a lighter load but still sufficient paint, the daggar is an agile little screamer like a hornet with a surgical scalpal, the commander... commands. lol.
The only ones I can see as posing less of a threat are the heavy rifleman and the sniper. The heavy is weighed down and slower, and he doesn't have the substancial firepower that the hammer has so he can prettymuch be avoided if not outran/outflanked.
And the other sniper is going to wide "cloverleaf" flank and use concealment to get an angle on you. And if you are as smart as him 1) you will have displaced by the time he reaches where you were and 2) if you are involved in a direct firefight with the sniper acting as part of the squad then he will not be able to flank effectively and will either have to rush with the LRs, flank with the MRs, or [snicker] suppress. And considering all members keeping to the SpecOps positions he has a longbow with a 21 rnd mag, maybe a few spares, but that isn't enough for anything effective.
A true sniper battle would be intense but slow paced (if that isn't an oxymoron)... but he has to act as the squad with the squad... for the most part.

- Douglass Adams, RIP

#57 User is offline   Panzer1992 

• Rugby Guy
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

I think the dagger would pose the biggest threat because he would be closest to the sniper. This means he would be the likeliest to see the sniper. After he spots the sniper he should have no problem taking the sniper out at a close range.

#58 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

View PostSilentMarksman, on Mar 3 2008, 05:38 PM, said:

Or you can experience reality when you learn what you are talking about. But when that happens I will be walking to far far away land with donkey and shrek.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#59 User is offline   sniperu'llnvrsee 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sniperu'llnvrsee

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

i agree blackcellsniper15 "I would say another sniper would be a snipers biggest enemy"
Cause i definatley think wat is the other sniper doing as well

This post has been edited by sniperu'llnvrsee: 10 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

you wont see me till its to late

on second thought u wont even see me than

#60 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

An experienced accomplished sniper's worst enemy would probably be anyone looking for an experienced accomplished sniper. A sniper hunter, if he know's what he's doing, and he's probably a sniper running a dagger or sabre position instead, looking for the fatherless man who racked up more sniper-based kills than he did last round (if he's smart, and really wants to 1up his rival, he'll pick him off as a sniper). :unsure:
One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users