Special Ops Paintball: NE Hurricanes Leave NXL, and XSV to do the same - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NE Hurricanes Leave NXL, and XSV to do the same Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post
While we will not be playing in the NXL (although our decision had absolutely no impact on Ultimate's situation. I could explain but I'll save it for another time. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and perhaps not every player who's team is out knows it yet), the Cup is a possibility. Its a great event and the highlight of the PSP season and it is a possibility that the team, our sponsors and players decide that its worthwhile for us to go.

Link To Source

Originally Posted by juju brown View Post
OK guys... things are moving fast now and www.team-xsv.com will get updated tomorrow or Monday with sponsor news and player news. But I can confirm that Sacramento XSV is to quit the NXL for the 2008 season. This is due to the lack of money in the sport for 2008. We are not owned by a big company or a big money guy. The team will be focusing solely on team in the NPPL.

I will try and answer and questions you guys have.

JB

Link To Source

Discuss.

#2 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

i think most of the teams will be focusing on the NPPL from now on.....

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

Seems that way.. There are what, 12 teams in the NXL now?

I love the quote in your sig by the way lol

#4 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

and I thought the nppl was going under with all the big sponsors moving away and the media stunt they pulled this year with fox.

#5 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

View Postlight-u-up, on Feb 14 2008, 05:42 PM, said:

and I thought the nppl was going under with all the big sponsors moving away and the media stunt they pulled this year with fox.

what media stunt?

#6 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

Only letting fox tape main field. PERTURBED alot of people off. Because quality film makers like mwag and derder couldn't film.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

I was very surprised to hear both the 'Canes and XSV were dropping out of the NXL.
I understand them wanting to focus on only one Tournament after poor showings this year.

Troll said that a big reason XSV is dropping out of the NXL is money. XSV isn't owned by a company or some big-name. They pay for all their own stuff out of pocket. Troll recently started selling XSV shirts to help offset his/the teams paint costs. He also hinted in our conversation that they're giving the NPPL one last shot. If it doesn't improve, they'll look to the NXL, as it seems they've fixed their mess.

Personally, I can't understand why they're going with the NPPL. 7 Man, while fun, is a dying format. If the sport wants to go into the "mainstream" with TV coverage, a true 'Professional' league, etc, it needs to compress. X-Ball is the way to go, and the PSP is the league to take it there...

...Ok, I just went and got a shower. Bad idea, because the giant rant/speech I had left me. Basically, we need one solid league. If you combine the two leagues, drop 7 man (or at least limit it to 'special' events, such as an All Star game), have more than 5 events a year (If there's only one league, teams can commit to more tournaments).

And Light-u-Up is exactly right. Shawn Walker basically told MWAG, DerDer, etc that morning that they couldn't film on the main field. What's worse is that the Fox show that was filmed has been complete crap. What Paintball needs to do if they want to make paintball look good on TV is have the guys from MWAG and DerDer film it with a larger production value. I mean, look how great their videos are on a low budget. Give them an ESPN or Fox Sports style budget, and who knows (Ignore those Smart Parts championships. They didn't consult any real PB Filmers for that crap). Imagine the look you can get from ESPN's Fly Cam as Troll makes his way down the snake!
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

i think the whole thing with fox was to try and shift to a bigger producer for the footage, possible to see if people like it and then give it more attention if it did...IDK....

but the way i see things going the "Standard" will become the NPPL 5-man...and then if paintball becomes popular enough i see the NPPL and SPPL merging......

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

No, I can't ever seen NPPL and SPPL merging.

Yes, the Fox deal was in hopes of presenting paintball to a larger audience. Unfortunately the show sucked.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett

#10 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

View PostPirate, on Feb 15 2008, 01:08 AM, said:

No, I can't ever seen NPPL and SPPL merging.

Yes, the Fox deal was in hopes of presenting paintball to a larger audience. Unfortunately the show sucked.

well not converging into one tournament...just being owned by the same people

#11 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

Heck I liked the show that was on Fox.
It's paintball on TV, I'm not going to complain.
I dont know why everybody freaked out about the center court thing. It was only for one event, and only for the NPPL field :laugh:
They will make improvements in the future, not everything happens at once nor is it perfect the first time around.

I'll note that in the beginning they were hoping to sign with ESPN for the Boston Event
but I guess the scheduling didn't work out so they went to FSN.

As for XSV and The Hurricanes, I think I would have liked to see the NE stay in the NXL as they probably would have had a good finish in the 08' season.
XSV on the other hand they - just need to keep working, focusing on one league is probably best for them.
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#12 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:03 AM

View PostStret, on Feb 15 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

I dont know why everybody freaked out about the center court thing. It was only for one event, and only for the NPPL field :P

Everyone "freaked" because the center court is THE main spot to film. EVERY division has their finals on the main field. Thus, MWAG and DerDer weren't able to film the finals, leaving their videos for the event unfinished.

Though the biggest issue isn't WHAT happened, but HOW it happened. The morning of the event (Thursday or Friday? I forgot when it started), MWAG, DerDer, etc. showed up ready to film. They were then promptly told to jog off, because Fox had exclusive rights to the main field. Both companies said that if they had been informed about it in a professional manner, more than a day before the games, that it would have been much less an issue.

Also, Shawn Walker apparently got on the NPPL.tv live webcast and staight up lied about why MWAG and DerDer couldn't film. I wasn't watching when it happened though, so what I've heard (from many people) is just heresay.

#13 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

View PostPirate, on Feb 15 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

Also, Shawn Walker apparently got on the NPPL.tv live webcast and staight up lied about why MWAG and DerDer couldn't film. I wasn't watching when it happened though, so what I've heard (from many people) is just heresay.

i think i remember seeing that and i believe he said that they are only allowing Fox to shoot......i dont remember him lying about it though....

#14 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

finally something good happens,
'NPPL was better play, is better play, and will always be better play. Much better system, and much more skilled paintball, anybody can pick up a ramping gun in the psp and rip, you actually have to work in NPPL.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#15 Guest_TM SNPR_*

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

i still think they should lower the BPS cap to <=10.....then that would involve skill......

This post has been edited by TM SNPR: 15 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users