Introduction Thread Rate Topic: -----

#106 User is offline   Red1 

• Silence is a Deadly Weapon
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow750

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

I ain't exactly new, but whatever.

My name's Nick, and I've been playin paintball for almost seven years. I'll be 19 in october. I got in to paintball, when some friends invited me to play one time; now I'm the only one I know of that still plays. I found SpecOps via a link on COPS911's website.
I've been playing with a small-time scenario team, the Hobbit Mossad (name explained on brigade page) for almost four years now. I generally play as broadsword or demolitions. *leaves computer for a few minutes to go blow something to smitherines* ;) I've also commanded for the special forces unit at a scenario game, and played XO at another.
Any excuse is a good one for me to play, but as I'm a poor college student, I can't really play whenever I want (not to mention the field in Memphis is frikkin expensive for a broadsword like myself). If you live near Nashville, TN (where I'm moving in 10 days), PM me if you ever wanna play some weekend; like I said, any excuse is a good one.

Pistol Wielding Dagger #21; Youngest member of the Hobbit Mossad

#107 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

Okay, well I am not new. Most of you have seen me and my sometimes wierd comments. But I just discovered this thread all of 5 minutes ago.

So here is the break down.

My name is David Pilgreen, my birthday is 10/13. Now you know how my screen name came about.

I don't have any nicknames, and don't call me Dave. I hate that. Does it really kill you to add one letter? I am 18 and in my second year of college.

I have been playing for about 3 years now. Since I joined the brigade and the forum I have started getting serious about it. I have played 14 times since Oct 31st. I hadn't played 14 times in two years prior to that. I own an A5 and a Promaster. I just got a scanner so maybe pics will be up soon.

Soooo that's me, take it or leave it.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#108 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Alex Wieczorek. Don't try pronouncing my last name because I've only ever heard one person say it right the first time. I found out about this great sport of paintball about a year ago and have since began accumulating gear in order to play. It's taken me a while, but I currently have (after much deliberation) a smart parts ion with hopefully once it arrives, the q-bow adapter thing. Yeah I dont know its real name. I prefer the position of sniper above all else because i believe that to play that position, it requires intelligence, determination, and above all else self-control. Many of the people I have met in my life do not possess these qualities unfortunately. I am currently a freshman in college and I intend to become a upper-level high school chemistry teacher.(Yeah I know... I have to give back to society somehow anyway). I consider myself very knowledgable in the area of sniper concealment and movement. (don't mean to be cocky or anything) And for those of you who wonder why some snipers call themselves CHAVEZ, its a nickname for a sniper named Domingo Chavez who was in at least one of Tom Clancy's books.

oh and does anyone know how to put that "specops sniper" bar in their sig?

This post has been edited by lethalbanana1: 17 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#109 User is offline   PenguinEater88 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PenguinEater88

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

Hello, im Dalton, im 13 and i havent played yet, which angers me, i REALLY wanna play, i have a 98c with a stock, double trigger, and 14 in. barrel..umm yea and im in Houston, TX

#110 User is offline   Toph-r 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Toph-r

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

Hey! I'm Chris. My friends call me Topher and I have just joined this group. I'm 40, live in Burnaby B.C. and work for a small but rapidly growing Security company. My friend and I have been playing outlaw paintball off and on for about three years. He's played alot more than I have and has been nagging me to get a marker, so I'm finally going to get all into it and will have a Tippman A5 in a few weeks. It's getting to be a little late in the season for paintball but maybe the weather will hold out just a little longer and I can get a few games in. :D

#111 User is offline   SaintofPatriots 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

Robert Alan Webber raising out of Fayetteville, North Carolina. 23 year old Fully deaf so no i cant hear anything. and No that has never stop me from paintballing. I breathe and live paintballing but my job consumes so much of my time. im a bodyman working at a bodyshop. I love cars and paintballing my 2 favorite hobbies. i own a tippmann custom E with a 16 inch smart part tippmann progressive barrel. Family is military hardcore.

This post has been edited by SaintofPatriots: 10 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

#112 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:39 AM

Howdy! Name's Christopher Patten but I go by "C.J." in some circles and Chris in others.

I'm 31 and the Director of Marketing for an airline which is my dream job. I used to run a graphic design company and I was a commercial pilot until Sept 11th. All that, plus a really great mentor, combined to put me where I am now.

I played paintball when I was in highschool. My first paintgun, a "Pneumatic Design Storm", was acquired by trading a half-working Sony TV. I played for a couple of years and also had a Splatmaster and Line SI Bushmaster pump. I didn't have a car then nor any steady income so I fell out of the sport and sold the gear.

Since starting my career here, I've had more time and disposable income and decided to give paintball a try again. There are a bunch of fields in my area - one even has a full-size, indoor NPPL speedball field. I'm looking for teammates in the area to sharpen my skills with.

I have an SP-8 that's been heavily modded as well as a ghillie poncho and ghillied mask. I used to play sniper with the pump and Splatmaster waaaay back. I don't log all my playing in my profile but if you want to see my gear list, it's all there.

I use an OpsGear Interceptor 18" barrel and have a PPS Brass barrel and Hammerhead barrel kit on order - just to be able to say I've used them all when someone asks which is best.

Personal goals: I try to give something positive back to the people around me and I'm trying very hard not to take life or myself too seriously. Sometimes I slip up and can be a jerk but I'll usually apologize.

I love the SpecialOps forums because it's populated with people who want to share what they know about paintball with others.

This post has been edited by C.J.: 18 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

#113 User is offline   SirRod 

• God Made Paintball for Me!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Harry Rod

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

Hi My Name is Rod Selner thus the SirRod. Im 53 and live in Ruskin, Fl.
In 1985 I saw a pice on Ch 40 about Island Adventure Paintball, in Palmetto, Fl. Started playing in the summer of 1985,at Island Adventure Paintball on Sneeds Island. I played with a splat master a few times, and said to myself that I had to get a better marker. I saw an ad in the verry first Paintball Magazing, (which I still have) Action Persuit Games, for "The Command Post" in Northern Fl. and ordered my first marker a Constant Air PMI, it didn't have gravity feed just a horazontal feed tube. Well I sent it off to "Gramps and Grizzley" In Calaforina, and had them put on a "Gravity Feed" Gramps told me about a thing called "Auto Trigger" he said it made the pump marker shoot faster well I had to have that as well.
Gramps told me that no one on the East Coast of the U.S. had every ordered one,they were the invintors, So I was the verry first Paintballer on the East Coast of the U.S. to have a "Auto Trigger" on my pump PMI.
At that time I was known as RamRod, and I was the terror of the paintball scene around Ruskin. Later I changed my handel to SirRodney after the "Wizard of ID", and later shortened to SirRod.
Attended the verry first 24hr Scenerieo paintball game's at Wayne Dollic's old field called "The Survival Zone" in Ocala Fl.with my friends from Team CrossFire, Been playing Woods and Scenerios ever since.
Team CrossFire became, The Cotton Mouths and later changed our name to Team FireStorm.
As Team FireStorm we won the 1993 and 94 10man State Championchips. We are the only team to win back to back in the State of Fl.
In 93 we attended the International Masters Invintational Tourneyment at The Heritage in Nashvill, Tenn. we won 3rd place in the Amature division. I continued to attend 24hr games at "The Survival Zone" for many years and became good friends with Wayne, Doc, Lenney,Warpig of the web sight of the same name.
I was the only one with a PoP UP StarCraft Camper, and the Envey of everyone at the Survival Zone camping. In the early 90's I and a friend ran several Scenerio 24hr Games at Jungle Games in Tampa, Which we Wrote, Produced and Directed. We even had an Artical in APG about our Scenerio Games, Written by "Hollywood" not well known at that time,but is fielded many articals in APG and other paintball magazines.
In 2004 I was the Chrono Ref at the NPPL Tampa Tourney, at Tampa Stadium.
I was the Chronic chrono ref, and was invited to do the Chrono at the NPPL field for the final's for Justus and Dynasty...It was truly an honor to meet and work with thies Tourneyment teams.
I have been palying at MXS's events at Camp Blanding, and most reciently at Duncan Games Bat 21 which was a great game.
Looking forward to playing in the MXS event at Camp Blanding in Feburary on the 17th &18th.
I shoot an Impulse, with HPA and a Smart Parts Freek system, most reciently bought an ION PRO which I am upgrading to a Scenerio Woods Marker.
I have yet to play at the closest field Kohn Sports Paintball Field which is approxmately 7 mi away. It has just gotten started in the last few months. I don't play much in the summer but when fall and winter cooler temps come Ill be out therer, See Ya.
All the Best
SirRod

This post has been edited by SirRod: 28 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#114 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

Hey I'm Scoutsniper777

I got to play paintball this year with a best friend of mine and I've been hooked on it ever since. I really feel comfortable in the sniper role but I can and will assume command of a group if a group is willing. My philosophy is teamwork and the best idea wins and every team member is heard. I believe bad communication can end a battle in less than ten minutes everytime.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#115 User is offline   Young_SOG 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Young

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

A recent PM prompted me to post this intro up before anyone else gets the wrong idea about anything that has been said. I'll first discuss me, then the team concept I'm starting, and what its' purpose is.

I'm originally a New Yorker... born and raised. Moved out to Colorado and implanted myself there since (with the exception of a tour in the military... I'll explain more).

At 18, and having just pulled the BIGGEST graduation victory out of my rear (I set the school record for most credits gained in one year, as I slacked off for two years prior and needed to catch up)... anyway, at 18 I had shipped off to the Marine Corps (this is in 2000).

From there I went to Recruit Depot San Diego, then to the School of Infantry in Camp Pendelton. After that as if going from black to white... I was shipped off to Camp Lejeune, NC to join the 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment as a Machinegunner.

I served with (we called) 2/2 for approximately 2 1/2 - 3 years and ended up in:

-Macedonia
-Kosovo
-Rota, Spain
-Germany
-Seychelles (still not sure on that spelling)
-UAE (United Arab Emerates)
-Bahrain
-Djibouti, Africa
-Kuwait
-Iraq

There's a few more... I'll add them as they come to me. Anyway... in Iraq I was inserted as a Battalion Landing Team and tacked on with a Regimental Combat Team. Our mission was a quick thrust into the heart of the country (this is on day 4 of the invasion). This put us through Fallujah, and Nasiriah at one or more times.

After a short stint there... being at the time the most senior, longest deployed unit... we made tracks home. I stayed in the states for a couple more months, then transferred to the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines due to my contract soon ending.

Unfortunately, my unit 2/2 got hit harder its' second time around and a few comrades I knew and even trained, lost their lives. I remember coming home and taking part of a ceremony for members of a sister Battalion (1/2) that suffered dozens of losses (26 if I remember right) in the initial attack in Iraq. It's an experience you carry with you for the rest of your life.

In 3/2, I took part in a security mission to an undisclosed country to maintain a perimeter at a Special Forces camp. That deployment was relatively uneventful, but I got to meet some very interesting members of the Special Forces.

In 2004 my contract ended with mixed emotions (part of my happy to go, part of me wishing I hadn't). I moved back to Colorado with my wife, where we've built a family and own our first home. This is one of the greater accomplishments of my life (his name is Theo):

Posted Image

I also joined a Police Department here, where I currently work as a Patrol Officer:

Posted Image

So that's me in a nutshell. Now, I'll talk about my plans for the future with regard to paintball.

Having been playing off and on for YEARS, I've always wanted to be a part of a team. I've always wanted to do something more than just having a fancy name and flashy colors. Don't get me wrong, it sure does work. Instead, I decided to come up with something that means something to me, and has potential to do good to/for others.

My original idea was to create a Marine honored unit (team). I was going to call it the Warlords... named after the 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marines that I served in. But I realized that the idea of a Marine only style team would probably push some prospective players away. Instead, I wanted something that encompasses a whole spectrum of ideals.

I came up with the name Special Operations Group (or S.O.G. for short). Now here is where the misinterpretation comes into play, and I'll do my best to make it all clear.

The term Special Operations Group came from an original play of words/names, Special Response Team and Special Operations Response Team (which are both Law Enforcement level). Special Operations Group is a name used by at least two Federal agencies... The United States Marshal's Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The name was also used in the Marine Corps in association with the "Special Operations Training Group" (S.O.T.G.) which I attended special training under to become Special Operations Capable in my Marine Expeditionary Unit (that I deployed with in 2/2).

It's been expressed to me that the use of SOG, is somewhat of a sacred thing. This is in regard to a specialized Vietnam era unit that was created by a mixture of Navy SEALs, Army Rangers and various other groups in the form of the Studies and Observations Group.

I wanted however, to make it absolutely clear to everyone that my team is in no way affiliated with that unit, and the coined abbreviation and likeness to it is only a mere coincidence.

This is much like someone might use the abbreviations USA... when in actuallity, USA also refers to United States Army... and USN which might mean one thing to someone, can be confused with United States Navy.

So, I just wanted to ensure that everyone knew that my team has nothing to do with anything relating to the Studies and Observations Group of Vietnam.

Now with that said... and hopefully it's clear (this is all posted in response to and an explanation regarding a PM I got)... let me now explain the purpose of the team as I plan to structure it.

The team, Special Operations Group, will be loosely military structured (little ranks if any), but will utilize and emphasize real world small unit tactics. These are tactics that all sorts of military forces use, as well as Law Enforcement and Federal Agencies. The tactics employed will be what I've learned in my service, or have studied and researched at home as well as experienced on the paintball field. The structure and formation of squads will be similar to some of these groups as well.

The goal first and foremost is to honor the men and women of the Armed Services... Federal Services... and Law Enforcement Agencies around the world (most specifically the United States). How do I do this? By maintaining a high level of sportsmanship, and code of ethics on and off the field, as well as supporting and defending those servicemembers wherever possible. This can be the smallest thing of wearing an American Flag patch, or like I do now, display a bumper sticker on my vehicle (Currently the Marine Eagle, Globe, and Anchor). I also wear a band on my wrist that states, "Heroes Live Forever" which is from the Police Officers Memorial.

The second goal, and more specifically the intent of what I plan to accomplish on the field, is to create a team that is MISSION oriented. A team that focuses on working together towards a common goal (this is together on the team, and with the other "friendly forces" on the field). Far too often I see a LOT of players take to the field and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I want to change that. I don't want fame or fortune... I just want to see some GOOD quality paintball.

So that's me... that's my plan... I'll answer any and all questions regarding me or the team. I look forward to posting on these forums, and getting into some (hopefully) intelligent :( conversations with all of you. I also look forward to getting involved with other similar teams in the Colorado and Midwestern states (whether that be off the field, or on as allies). I want this team to function, and support the other groups out there as best we can.

Thanks,
T.J. Young

PS: Oh and for information, since I completely spaced it out... I currently use an Ariakon Sim-4 and a Tippmann Custom 98 on the field. My first owned gun was a Stingray... which started out as an ok gun, but turned crap on me the more I used it. My future plans are to pick up a Tippmann A-5, and add on an OpsGear UMP kit (Black) w/Folding Stock to it and use that primarily for the field.

This post has been edited by Young_SOG: 02 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

#116 User is offline   Big Boy 713 

• OUT!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Big Boy

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

View PostTHE FINAL ONE, on Nov 6 2006, 08:30 PM, said:

is the tippmann cp any better than the c
dude wat are u talking about
while im here my name is Will Rodriguez and im 14 and im from houston texas and im not new just thought it be better if i didnt spam the thread well...........
"If you think guns kill people, you must also think that pencils miss-spell words."- Anonymous
NEW HEMP SITE NEED PEOPLE!!!!!
IPB Image

#117 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:31 AM

The Tippmann CP, assuming you meant the Tippmann 98 Custom Pro, is a 98 Custom with a double trigger, drop forward, and MUCH improved barrel. Also it says Custom Pro so you feel special ;)

Anyway. My name is Andrew, I'm 14, and I've only been playing since July or August this past summer. I use a 98 Custom Pro (no ups to the gun itself yet) with a 45mm Red Dot, a 9oz and 12oz tank, a Proto Switch FS, Woodland jacket, camo pants that I used to use for everyday wear, but now are for paintball, and a nifty hood I bought from the B/S/T forum here, which is woodland and covers my blue mask (cheapest deal I found on eBay was in blue).

I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, and am in Grade 9. I'm around 5'8" or 5'9" and I weigh 150lbs. I also play on my school's wrestling team, though I joined late and haven't done much yet.

Oh, and my shoe size is like 11.5... I'm a big guy for my age, I guess.

-J'92 ('bout time I introduced myself)

EDIT: Random info: my feet are almost a foot long (:ghillie:) and my hand, outstretched, from base of palm (just after the wrist, on the last crease line there) to tip of middle finger, is around 8".

This post has been edited by Jaeger1992: 19 November 2006 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#118 User is offline   Redlight 

• When the going gets tough, the tough go in!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Redlight

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:25 PM

I missed this one when I first joined, so better late than never!!!!

My name is Rick from Peace River, Alberta, Canada (and no we don't have winter 12 months a year - some years it's not worth digging out my snowmobile!). I was introduced to paintball about 4 years ago, but really got into it in the last year with some Paramedic and pilot friends.

I work (way too much!) at several different things. My main job is as a Safety Technician, but I'm also a firefighter/EMT, and a dive tender for a commercial dive company. In winter I enjoy hockey and work with a Junior team here in northern Alberta. Other jobs I've worked at include digging ditches, fixing tires and oilfield/industrial firefighting.

Yes I'm OLD too! LOL. I work with kids that were born when I was almost done high school - Oh well, they say you are only as old as you feel (which some days is pretty old)

My gun of choice at this time is a Tippmann A-5 that I have played with and adjusted to work for me.

Although I didn't do the military thing when I was younger, I now belong to a section of the CF reserves called the Canadian Rangers - look it up at www.army.gc.ca/4crpg/hq/index.htm I have always been fasinated with the equipment and the military lifestyle, so the chance to work on tactical scenarios with the group of emergency service guys that I play with is a lot of fun.
A Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on mine!
Visit My Feedback The Whiteboard - confusing non players since 2002
Firefighter Close Calls Visit My Brigade Page

#119 User is offline   sneakatoke 

• Team Player
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sneakatoke

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

I not not too much of a writer..so here are the basics..

Name: Andy K.

Occupation: Mechanical CAD Designer. (Is SpecialOpsPaintball looking for a Mechanical Designer?)

Marital Status: Yes with a baby girl

Playing paintball since...: Couple times in 2000, then religously at end of 2006 to now. (too much fun)

Current team if any: None yet..I want to get into some scenarios..

Other forums/websites you visit: A5OG.net, Tippmann.com, Paintball4all.com, pbreview.com are just a few

Favorite quote: "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." - General George Patton Jr

Favorite book/author: Not much of a reader, but occaisionally 'Into the Storm' by Tom Clancy

Favorite Movie: comedy, war movies

Music you listen to: Anything with a good tune.

Posted Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#120 User is offline   Supremeny 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Supremeny

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hey there, I'm new to the forums and the brigade.

My name is Cody..aka..Supremeny. i started playing paintball just before december of 05. A lot of my friends had talked about playing, and i had never really tried it so i decided to get my first gun (a camo painted Spyder Rodeo) I used this gun for a while and then decided to get a Spyder Electra and soon after purchasing it I also bought a 16 inch J&J Ceramic barrel. However, I soon traded that barrel to one of my friends for a 16 inch Empire Twister barrel.
Ive played in my share of games, normally playing as the "Sabre" taking up whatever position my team needs me at. My best feature in playing is the ability to effectively sneak up on the enemy coming within just a few yards of them without them knowing im there (Im tall and lanky, so its easy for me to hide behind the trees lol) anyway, I guess thats about it. see ya

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users