Special Ops Paintball: Official Girl Problem & General Problems + Rants thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (320 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official Girl Problem & General Problems + Rants thread NEW RULES FOR THIS THREAD, READ FIRST POST Rate Topic: ****- 9 Votes

#16 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:21 PM

View PostZamamee, on Dec 5 2007, 12:20 AM, said:

View PostProdigy, on Dec 4 2007, 09:03 PM, said:

EDIT: Oh and if you type here complaining about a girl problem, think first. Maybe the problem is you trust complete strangers more than your friends. How about go out, talk to the girl or someone else who actually knows you. Half the people on this forum probably haven't dated in forever. At least not the people that are on this thread all the time giving "advice" BOINK that. Want advice, here you go, go out and figure out your poo on your own. It's your life, you know it best, better than anyone on here. If you want to talk to the girl, go do it. While you're sitting here talking about little Sally and how cute she is when she does that thing with her hair, and how she talked to you or might have thought about looking at you, someone else is out there talking to Sally instead of about her.

I talked to the girl's mother and a whole new door was opened up. She was avoiding me because she doesn't want any guy to think that there's anything more than friendship. She doesn't want to date in High School at all. She's had to help many of her friends with dating problems, and she's way too busy with soccer, hockey, and other activities (which is a bummer, she never plays paintball anymore).

Oh, I know her parents very well, almost like a second set of parents to me. Her dad thanked and hugged me when I brought up that I care about her and worry about her choices in the guys she takes to formals. They open up their home to our church's youth group and I've known them for years. I don't recommend coming up to a girl's mom or dad that you've never met before, could be bad news.

Wasn't aimed at you in specific. It was just a general statement.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#17 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:23 AM

View PostProdigy, on Dec 5 2007, 12:21 AM, said:

Wasn't aimed at you in specific. It was just a general statement.

I know it wasn't aimed at me. I was backing up your statement. Talking to someone that knew both her and I helped far more than a post in this thread.

#18 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:03 AM

Good thing about this thread tho is that you can get stuff off of your chest, and get some generalized tips about what direction you should take a relationship, or a situation, by conveying the whole situation.

I agree on the whole, get out and talk to her thing too... immensley

#19 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

Rant.

Why is it that in this state (Maryland), people have this inability to drive in any kind of inclement weather? It's snowing today, but it's not sticking to the asphalt. So what happens? People scream "OMG SNOWWWW!" and immidiately plow their car into the nearest solid object.

This is evidenced by the fact that I passed no fewer than 5 accidents on the way to work this morning. All invloving multiple cars, all blocking lanes. My commute is about 25 miles, mostly highway. What is the deal? Instead of my normal 20ish minute commute, I was treated to a one and a half hour crawl, switching lanes repeatedly because one side or the other was blocked by yet another accident.

Now for part two. I work just outside of DC. I can only take two different paths to work. One is the highway, and one is a commercial road littered with stoplights, timed in such a way, that you hit every single one, every time. My beef is that the "local" radio stations do not report traffic in my area. Furthermore, there are no traffic cameras between my apartment and my work. Unless there is some kind of natural disaster, I never hear anything about traffic condtions in my area. Which kind of makes my commute a gamble. Do I take the highway, and possibly get cought in DC traffic? Or do I take the back way, and sit at stoplights all morning?

Normally I don't rant. But this is slowly starting to make me crazy.
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#20 User is offline   shade 

• Shade: A disembodied spirit... a ghost
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ramapo

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

That really sucks zombie. I assume there is no option c in terms of routes? It does seem people are incapable of driving when there is ANY type of bad weather. Only thing I can suggest is try to find and online site that has up to date info on traffic in your area or try and find an alternative route.
The hardest enemy to defeat is the one you cannot find.

#21 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

You'd have probablly had better luck on the back way. But yeah, stop lights... you hit one and you'll hit them all. But if you get one green, look new freeway! :D

...until you hit a red light.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#22 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

View Postshade, on Dec 5 2007, 03:47 PM, said:

That really sucks zombie. I assume there is no option c in terms of routes? It does seem people are incapable of driving when there is ANY type of bad weather. Only thing I can suggest is try to find and online site that has up to date info on traffic in your area or try and find an alternative route.

Actually there really only are two ways from where I live, to go any other route, would require driving about 15-20 miles out of the way, and even then, I'd eventually end up on the same roads I have to take now, just a bit farther down. It's pretty dumb.

View PostBlackOpsGhost, on Dec 5 2007, 03:48 PM, said:

You'd have probablly had better luck on the back way. But yeah, stop lights... you hit one and you'll hit them all. But if you get one green, look new freeway! B)

...until you hit a red light.

Trust me, you will hit a red light. The road spans the border of two counties here, and each seems to have it's own patterns, neiither really match up. After three years, I think the most greens in a row I've seen on that road is maybe 2.......maybe.

I guess I'll just have to start getting up even earlier in the morning. Which sucks, because I love sleep.
ZombieAtak's Feedback
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#23 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

It's like that around here to. I think I'm also on the border. But becasue of the urban expansion, cities are running into each other and the lights don't match up.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.

#24 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

View PostBlackOpsGhost, on Dec 5 2007, 03:57 PM, said:

It's like that around here to. I think I'm also on the border. But becasue of the urban expansion, cities are running into each other and the lights don't match up.

Yep, and whoever designed the traffic patterns for DC and the surrounding areas, should be drug out back by the nose and shot. Seriously, when it takes going 4 blocks just to turn around because every intersection is a one way street going the same direction as the last, you have a problem.

And what the hell is the deal with triangular intersections???
ZombieAtak's Feedback

#25 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

Triangular? The hell?

I'm still trying to figure out who came up with the road ideas around here. You make ONE wrong turn and you're immediatly set back 15 minutes.

#26 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

Same way here.

Yep, triangular. Think of a T-intersection, but at like a 30 degree angle.

Not to mention that it's nothing to see 5-6 intersections, all crossing one-way streets that are all going the same way. We have some of the most messed up traffic patterns in the country.

Thank god I got a Garmin GPS system! I love that damn thing!

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 05 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

ZombieAtak's Feedback

#27 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

this is why i live in iowa.. i mean, we still have some crappy traffic at times, but its not nearly as bad as I-95 and that poo

This post has been edited by jmsiona: 05 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

#28 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:43 PM

The hell of Winnipeg intersections, I give you, Confusion Corner.

Posted Image

Basically 6 streets coming together, though you can't see it all in that pic, and it's overly confusing to know where to go, take a wrong turn and you're screwed.

#29 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:51 PM

Wow. Yep, that looks quite a bit like some parts of DC.
ZombieAtak's Feedback

#30 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

I'll take a picture one day when we're driving down Greeville BLVD. It's not stupid traffic lights, but it's just stupid traffic. Greenville is not a big city, but it gets retarded some times.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

Share this topic:

• (320 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users