• You cannot reply to this topic

Airsoft Discussion Thread Read the Rules Before Posting. Rate Topic: -----

#76 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

I think another thing that needs to be said is that barrel length doesn't have a huge affect on accuracy in airsoft. Airsoft replicas get their accuracy from the hop up quality (which is a big deal, and in my opinion, TM has the best hop ups), the barrel's size, the barrel quality, and the general air seals in the gun.

This means that barrel length is RELATIVELY unimportant to a gun's accuracy.

Does it have some influence?
Of course. But some tests were done a while (like a really long time ago) over at Arnie's about it. I think I have the findings saved on my computer, but I don't have the link to the actual tests on Arnie's.

That said, if you plan on staying at range, I wouldn't buy say, a P90. But I wouldn't buy any gun because it has a long barrel if there's a gun you really want that has a shorter barrel.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 24 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#77 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

Ah, yes. That is also very true. Of course, that doesn't mean that a P90 will have more accuracy over an M14. The reason I have both an M14 and G36E is because my other 2 guns are an AK Beta (smaller than even an AKS74u) and an Mp5k PDW.
With a tightbore barrel, noticeable accuracy doesn't improve after M4 length. However, it doesn't necessarily hurt to have a longer barrel. So long as you're not experiencing suck-back (has to do with air pressures and vacuums) or smacking trees with your barrel. Another thing to note is that the CA25 fires way too hot stock, and should have the fps downgraded when bought. Of course, this should be no problem if you upgrade your piston, gears, and change out for a weaker spring.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#78 User is offline   Tavor.Man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tavor.Man

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

I know about that there are no replica MARS sights, BUT I MEANT THE REAL MARS SIGHT.

Back to the Echo 1G36C, what is a good performance upgrade for the ROF to be 15 RPS + because from what i know the stock ROF is around 13 RPS. Because my plans are to do a simple upgrade on the G36C by means of a tightbore barrel magwell converter and something for the ROF. Then i use that while i save up for a G&G CQB-H M4

#79 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

That doesn't make much sense. Why would you spend more money on a gun when you're saving for a new one?

Either skip the G36c entirely or just buy it, leave it stock, and save your money for the M4. Although if you want an M4-type gun. I feel ICS is the way to go. Can't beat their gearboxes in terms of ease to work on and maintenance.
Maggot #53

#80 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:18 AM

View PostTavor.Man, on Mar 24 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

I know about that there are no replica MARS sights, BUT I MEANT THE REAL MARS SIGHT.

www.google.com

You have fingers.

#81 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Ok you guys have been extremely helpful so far but I have a few more questions. With what you guys have told me I've come up with this. Do I need a tightbore or a hop up upgrade if I'd get this? What kind of range am I looking at with this? Do I just need standard .20 bb's or do I want to go with a little bit heavier ones? Should I put some kind of sight on it? Thanks for your help.

#82 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

I have found guns like that M14 for a bit more than $100 and it had everything that was listed there. But for that you would want to use .2 gram bb's and maybe a red dot sight, you can't go wrong with a red dot sight.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#83 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

View Postkl0wn, on Mar 25 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

Do I need a tightbore or a hop up upgrade if I'd get this? What kind of range am I looking at with this? Do I just need standard .20 bb's or do I want to go with a little bit heavier ones? Should I put some kind of sight on it? Thanks for your help.

Personally, I would buy a TM M14 if I were you. You don't NEED a hop up or tightbore, but it couldn't hurt. However since you seem relatively new, I suggest you leave those upgrades for the future.

I suggest buying a TM M14 because if I remember right, it has metal in all the right parts, just like any other manufacturer. Also, stock wise, TM probably has the best hop up, and TMs are probably the most accurate out of the box, followed by ICS (whom doesn't make an M14 model).

I would personally suggest .23 BBs, but that is only my preference -- any weight of .2-.25 will work. If you want to use .2s, go for it. For brands I would recommend KSC or Excel. My two favorites, especially KSC.

Sight wise... hold off. It's fully possible you'll like the irons. If you don't like them, THEN you buy a sight.

So, my suggestion is to buy a TM M14 and play with it; if you don't like the sights, then replace them. If you want to upgrade later, take it to a local store and do what you will to it.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with G&G, and I believe a site called Airsoft Pacific... I think that's it (it's a forum site, not a store, try Googling it) has a review on the G&G M14, and if I remember right, a comparison to the TM M14. I just prefer TM because of the superior hop up.

Also take note that M14s are LOOOONG guns. I love them, but if you're short like me (I'm 5'5") they might be a little unwieldy.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 25 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Maggot #53

#84 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:09 AM

No! No! Bad kl0wn, bad! That's a v3, you wan't a V4. :D

Airsoftgi.com and Airsplat.com carry the V4.

As for the TM vs G&G M14.

G&G hits harder and is more accurate stock (it has a tightbore barrel, no need to replace that). While the TM will have a better hopup system, the stock G&G hop should be okay. The G&G will also outrange the TM stock.

#85 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:20 AM

Attention PA Airsoft Players
Here's the storyline for the upcoming game at Poco Loco Paintball on May 25th.

At the end of tumultuous UN induced election process, the Eastern backed Carpatian Presidential Candidate, and a heavy favorite, is assassinated, presumably by the heavy pro-Western element prevalent in the country. As a result, massive riots and great social upheaval removes any semblance of government from the seat of power, replacing law and order with a loose collection of roving execution squads led by RLA, a previously fringe terrorist group advocating reintegration of the state into Russia.

Within the first 24hrs of the assassination, two key oil pipelines running across the country from Russia to the black sea (both of which are vital to US interests) are sabotaged (low yield nuclear weapons are used) near heavily populated areas, expelling huge amounts of articulated fuel into the atmosphere. A few days later “burning rain” is observed, where condensed oil and nuclear fallout rains down from the skies, creating massive environmental and industrial damage to the pro-western population of the region. Resulting pollution and massive fires are unprecedented. Russian representatives cited “technical difficulties” in shutting the damaged pipelines down, to prevent further loss of life.

The State of Carpatia is one of the few ex-soviet block states having Russian ballistic nuclear material at their disposal, concentrated mostly in a heavily fortified mountain base of Skavoviersk. With the dissolution of state government, and a radical group claiming (at least temporarily) control of the nation, there is a real possibility of multiple warheads going “rogue” and getting shipped overseas. These warheads could be used to create more of the low yield weapons used to create the “Burning Rain.” It is currently believed that there is no threat of further nuclear attacks at this moment, as the delivery mechanisms have been dismantled during the Geneva Convention of ‘98.

Russian president Ivanovich, accuses Western Countries of the assassination and “their meddling in foreign politics”. He vows to help its fledgling neighbor, restore peace with a minimal amount of force necessary and oversee that new elections “free of international pressure” are held. Sources are claiming heavy military mobilization at the Carpartian-Russian border.

Originally posted by Munin on C3 Airsoft Forum.
If anyone else registers, I hope to see you at the field.

#86 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Who cares?

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

Got my first game next Sunday. :P
I remember talking to VS about how there was no sites near me.
Turns out there's one at the top of town, and theguy comes to my work a lot. So he said I could try it out and borrow some kit next sun, if I like it I'll be asking n00by questions like "how does I an airsoft snip0r?" before I buy my own gun. ;)

#87 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:05 AM

Hahaha, sounds fun! Enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask questions. If you Brit-softers are anything like the 'Softers here, everybody will be willing to answer your questions. Also, the name of the OP coming up on May 25 is "OP- Burning Rain."

#88 User is offline   Silvrdog 

• De dog is in da house...
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

Ok, I have decided to go with the Tokyo Marui AK47 AEG.
Posted Image

Now, my next question???

Do Airsoft fields normally allow High Cap mags or do they only allow Low Cap mags, because I want to get two 600 rds. High Cap mags to go with my gun.

Thanks
They who sacrifice liberty for safety...deserve neither.

~Benjamin Franklin~

People need not fear their Government, but the Government should fear their people.

#89 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

The Marui Ak-47 is a fine example of a very nice, durable, high quality airsoft gun. You should be fine with High Caps. However, most people prefer Midcaps (Usually hold 90-130 bb's, requires no winding). This throws the reloading element more often into the game. Say, what part of PA do you live in? I can hook you up with some PA players.

#90 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:19 AM

Ok, I'm gonna sound like a n00b, but if I wanted to spend under $200 on a good airsoft gun where would I look?

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users