Airsoft Discussion Thread Read the Rules Before Posting. Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Tavor.Man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Tavor.Man

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

View PostION KING, on Mar 21 2008, 02:48 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure they don't make those for airsoft.

Make what? The MARS sight that is a real sight that i am referring to
or the SR25 (G&P and Classic Army do)

Also to what Veritech Squad said about "that crud being sold" if you refer to these AEG's sorry but i am starting to play airsoft because i have been playing paintball so i don't know much, i have just been reading AI magazine and i cannot afford to get a Marui or G&G brand of AEG at this time. Also i Don't play often So excuse my ignorance if that is the case because i have heard good stuff about Echo 1 G36C's.

#62 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Echo 1 is by no means bad. But a lot of players buy into Echo 1 or whatever thinking it's the same or better quality than a Marui, ICS, CA, whatever. There's nothing wrong with Echo 1, but it's important to understand that you do get what you pay for.

That said, I held a JG (same thing as Echo 1, just no warranty) G36c and it was DAMN solid. It felt nicer than my TM AUG.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#63 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:37 AM

150y is not enough, considering that I play weekly against a sniper rifle hitting 350 ft. The crud I was reffering to was the shotgun. Regardless of what "protection" it comes with, it's down to the parents to watch their kids. As to other posters. Echo1's M4 is awesome, but mags are easy to get. Dont let that make your mind. As to the URX... you MIGHT be ok with it.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#64 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

I'm not really familiar with airsoft but am quite interested in it. If I was planning on getting into it, what would be a good sniper or marksman type rifle? I'm looking for something that you can engage targets more precisely and from a longer range than the standard AEG.

#65 User is offline   ION KING 

• Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

maybe a UTG M324 sniper for you klown just a suggestion and tavor.man its the sight thats what I don't think they make
current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE

#66 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Do yourself a favor and skip the 133t 5nip3r stage. There's nothing there if you're not going to invest hundreds. Get a longer AEG and upgrade from there.

#67 User is offline   boomer_x7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:boomerx7

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

View PostVeritech Squad, on Feb 9 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

We do NOT care what rules your local field has or what it allows. These are the rules you will adhere to HERE. Any arguments over these rules or complaining about the fate of the airsoft section or previous threads will result in this thread being shut down!

Rules:

1. No discussing shooting over 450 FPS. Anything over is considered promotion of unsafe play. We are aware that many fields allow "sniper rifles" to exceed this limit, with certain minimum engagement range rules, but to be considered safe, it must be acceptable to shoot someone at the same close range as non-sniper guns. Additionally, no discussion of guns capable of exceeding 500 FPS out of the box is allowed. Absolutely NO discussion of special engagement range rules that are designed to allow higher-than-normal velocity guns on the field. These rules are a farce, designed to allow a gun firing at an unsafe or more dangerous velocity on the field. To be safe, ALL guns must chronograph the same.

2. No discussion of modifying any gun to shoot at an unsafe velocity. This is defined as modifying a gun to be able to exceed 500 FPS or its designed velocity, whichever is higher. The reason the velocity limit and the gun limit are different is because we recognize that guns need to be capable of exceeding the max velocity in order to account for wear and tear. They can always be dialed down. Being dialed UP is what we worry about.

3. No posting pictures of guns with the orange safety tip removed, or discussion of doing so. It is called a "Safety" tip for a reason: it helps others distinguish your airsoft gun from a real gun. Many states have laws making it illegal to remove the tip, and Federal law requires the tip be present for sale or transport.

4. Stay on topic. If it's not airsoft-related, it belongs elsewhere.

5. Proper eye and face protection MUST be worn at all times. No promoting unsafe play by discussing playing with goggles only, improper paintball masks (those with slat vents or holes large enough for a BB to be forcibly pushed through intact), ski masks, or unapproved eye protection. Only proper airsoft masks with full hard-shelled face protection are allowed. Many paintball masks have facemask vents capable of allowing a BB through. Because of this, these are NOT considered safe for airsoft play. This is NOT open for debate! Playing without a full hard facemask is UNSAFE. Period. Do NOT mention that your local field has different rules. Either this matter is closed, or the thread will be.

6. Because usable airsoft BBs can vary in weight by more than 50%, from .20 to .36, the energy output at a given velocity can vary wildly. Using heavier BBs to lower your velocity to meet lower chronograph limits is NOT safe. It packs the same energy, does the same damage, and travels just as far as the lighter BB would at an illegal velocity. Talk of using heavier ammo to chrony down is NOT safe, and will NOT be allowed! You MUST meet velocity limits with .20 or .25 ammo. The energy a shot packs at a given velocity increases exponentially as weight increases, not linearly. It is NOT safe to use heavier shot unless you take this into account.

so what can you guys talk about in here

View PostVeritech Squad, on Feb 9 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

[b]
We do NOT care what rules your local field has or what it allows. These are the rules you will adhere to HERE. Any arguments over these rules or complaining about the fate of the airsoft section or previous threads will result in this thread being shut down!

Rules:

1. No discussing shooting over 450 FPS. Anything over is considered promotion of unsafe play. We are aware that many fields allow "sniper rifles" to exceed this limit, with certain minimum engagement range rules, but to be considered safe, it must be acceptable to shoot someone at the same close range as non-sniper guns. Additionally, no discussion of guns capable of exceeding 500 FPS out of the box is allowed. Absolutely NO discussion of special engagement range rules that are designed to allow higher-than-normal velocity guns on the field. These rules are a farce, designed to allow a gun firing at an unsafe or more dangerous velocity on the field. To be safe, ALL guns must chronograph the same.

2. No discussion of modifying any gun to shoot at an unsafe velocity. This is defined as modifying a gun to be able to exceed 500 FPS or its designed velocity, whichever is higher. The reason the velocity limit and the gun limit are different is because we recognize that guns need to be capable of exceeding the max velocity in order to account for wear and tear. They can always be dialed down. Being dialed UP is what we worry about.

3. No posting pictures of guns with the orange safety tip removed, or discussion of doing so. It is called a "Safety" tip for a reason: it helps others distinguish your airsoft gun from a real gun. Many states have laws making it illegal to remove the tip, and Federal law requires the tip be present for sale or transport.

4. Stay on topic. If it's not airsoft-related, it belongs elsewhere.

5. Proper eye and face protection MUST be worn at all times. No promoting unsafe play by discussing playing with goggles only, improper paintball masks (those with slat vents or holes large enough for a BB to be forcibly pushed through intact), ski masks, or unapproved eye protection. Only proper airsoft masks with full hard-shelled face protection are allowed. Many paintball masks have facemask vents capable of allowing a BB through. Because of this, these are NOT considered safe for airsoft play. This is NOT open for debate! Playing without a full hard facemask is UNSAFE. Period. Do NOT mention that your local field has different rules. Either this matter is closed, or the thread will be.

6. Because usable airsoft BBs can vary in weight by more than 50%, from .20 to .36, the energy output at a given velocity can vary wildly. Using heavier BBs to lower your velocity to meet lower chronograph limits is NOT safe. It packs the same energy, does the same damage, and travels just as far as the lighter BB would at an illegal velocity. Talk of using heavier ammo to chrony down is NOT safe, and will NOT be allowed! You MUST meet velocity limits with .20 or .25 ammo. The energy a shot packs at a given velocity increases exponentially as weight increases, not linearly. It is NOT safe to use heavier shot unless you take this into account.
[b]

so what can you guys talk about in here
LIKE CHRISTMAS WITH GUNS

#68 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

The rules are not open to discussion, even if I dont agree 100%. They're here to prevent idiotic discussions.

#69 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

I didn't think i was trying to be a l33t 5nip3r but whatever I'll just listen to you since you know more than I do. What do you mean by a longer AEG? An example would be nice.

#70 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

M16, SR25, M14, SVD, G36 to name a few. Start out stock, and upgrade what you don't like. The G&G M14 is a great start.

#71 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Ok I'll have to look into that. Is Red Wolf Airsoft any good? Because that's where I've been looking at.

#72 User is offline   ION KING 

• Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

prices are good just shipping is bad because they are oversea's but I haven't orderded from there
current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE

#73 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

You wont save money from them. Some believe it's illegal or unpatriotic to order overseas. Some people are idiots. Go with ASGI, Trinity, or Hot Spot.

#74 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:09 AM

View PostION KING, on Mar 22 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

maybe a UTG M324 sniper for you klown just a suggestion and tavor.man its the sight thats what I don't think they make

No. That thing sucks. I'd rather use it to chop firewood so I could break it.

kl0wn, what VS means is that a lot of new players go through a sniper stage. They want to snipe, because they see it as elite, and hardcore, and that they'll make or break the game. In most cases, newbs that pursue the sniper path veer off it in one of three ways:
1. They realize it's too expensive. You're looking at $400+ for the minimum.
2. They buy a cheap sniper rifle and it all goes to hell.
3. They give up and buy a standard AEG.

Now, we're not saying that this is ALWAYS the case. However, sniping sounds more glorious than it really is. In reality, you may go a whole game without seeing anyone, let alone getting a good shot off. However, snipers aren't really killing machines. They're more of a way to stall the enemy, or to cut them off or trap them. For example, if a sniper is in "sector A" one shot of his can pin an entire squad. They know there's a sniper in the woods, but with his camo and quiet gun, they're not going to know where you are. Because of this, the opfor will have a hell of a time crossing through "sector A" provided that they even have the man parts to try.

I STRONGLY suggest you buy an AEG to start. This way you could carry it as a side arm if you don't want to travel light.

If you want more of a marksmanship rifle, anything Veritech suggested will work. But I'd also like to suggest the AUG. The AUG is extremely compact and easy to hold. And damn comfy. And quick to reload. But because it's a bull pup, it's very easy to handle, even though it has a LONG barrel.

You could also try an M4 or MP5. If you eventually do go the sniper way, you could remove the stocks on either of the guns and have a bulky but powerful sidearm.

Also, Hot Spot is an AWESOME site. I buy from there, even though I have to pay taxes (they're in my state). They're worth it though.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#75 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

You'll have to excuse my small posts. When I'm at home, I type on my PSP.

StealingYerMail nailed it right on the head with his post. Give us a price range, and we can certainly do our best to give you a nice listing of what to get if you would like a Designated Marksman style of rifle instead. Semi-Auto, steady aim, hopup, and barrel are the keys to accuracy; but Full-Auto is always a friend. Especially when starting out, you don't want to have to give that up. Of course, trigger control is always needed too with such firepower.

If you're on a budget, I suggest you grab an Echo1 M16A4 or DMR, and throw on one of those new Madbull JP barrel kits (long), along with a long tight-bore barrel at 6.03 or 6.04mm. You don't want to go any tighter since you'll still have full auto. A new hopup would be a good part to buy too, and a new battery is a must.

If you've got the money all at once, a G&G M14 would be good to buy too. It's around $260, fires 360 fps stock, and has a tightbore. The shorter version is more tactical, as the longer is 2 inches longer with absolutely no increase in accuracy.

If you've got time, cash, and the know-how to take apart and upgrade on your own, a CA or G&G SR-25 is the way to go. Pick up one of these babies, new hopup, new tightbore barrel, new piston (if you buy the CA version) upgrade the FPS to about 380; and you've got a nice gun hard-hitting gun. The CA is the recommended version though, as it has Full-Auto with it. The same goes for the CA SL-8. New piston, barrel, and hopup and you'll be set.

As for you, Tavor. At this point, there aren't any replica MARS sights. Probably because they look ugly. Of course, there's plenty of other sights available for you to choose from.

This post has been edited by Veritech Squad: 24 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users