Special Ops Paintball: Vibe and SP1 get select fire options - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vibe and SP1 get select fire options Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

Sean@smartpartswest;44216955 said:

Vibe and SP-1 Get Select Fire

The affordable high-performance Vibe and SP-1 electropneumatic paintball markers from Smart Parts now feature select-fire capability.

Loyalhanna, PA – February 8, 2008 – It's no surprise that since their launch in October of 2007, the Vibe and SP-1 have gained incredible popularity. Both of these new markers from Smart Parts deliver high-end true-electropneumatic performance at a price that is affordable to first time players. A hammer-free design lets the Vibe and SP-1 shoot fast without the accuracy-robbing shake and vibration found in competing paintguns. The low-pressure operation and the relief valve in the Max-Flo R vertical regulator allow these markers to perform with compressed air, or more affordable CO2 which is perfect for the player who is just getting started, or who wants true-electropneumatic performance in their mil-sim marker.

While originally released in a semi-automatic only version, Smart Parts, Inc. is proud to announce that the Vibe and SP-1 are now multi-mode markers. In select-fire mode, players can cycle between single-shot, 3-shot burst and full-automatic firing at the touch of a button, right in the middle of the game. When tournament or field rules require it, these markers can be switched into tournament-legal semi-automatic mode. In this mode, they are hardware locked and deliver one, and only one, shot per trigger pull.

“Using the select fire mode has been fantastic,” said Smart Parts Sales Representative Sean Scott. As the captain of the Smart Corps Factory Team, Scott puts paintball tactics and equipment to the test in the real world, helping bring home the team's second consecutive national Scenario Paintball Player's League Championship with the SP-1. “There are times when full-auto is great, but then there are times when I need that perfect single shot during the same game, the select fire modes give me the flexibility to choose on the fly. Most other markers lock down into a single mode only, requiring tools to make a change. With our new select fire mode, I can go from full-auto back to semi with one button press, but when we play at a field that's semi-only, I can open my grip with a hex wrench and lock it down to 100-percent field legal.”

Multi-mode operation is now included in all newly manufactured Vibe and SP-1 markers and as a free upgrade for existing Vibe and SP-1 paintguns. Owners of single-mode Vibe and SP-1 electropneumatic markers are encouraged to either visit SmartParts.com or call Smart Parts Technical Support at 800-992-2147 to request an RMA number for their upgrade. When the upgrade is complete, customers will be called to arrange return shipping payment.

Shipping charges can be avoided by bringing the marker to a major paintball event with Smart Parts factory tech support such as the PSP or SPPL tournaments throughout the 2008 season.

Select fire mode will not be available in the UK, Australia or any other country where the law restricts markers to semi-automatic operation.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information on the Vibe and SP-1, visit www.SmartParts.com.

Just posted on PBN by sean Scott of Smart Parts
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

The free upgrade for existing markers is a nice touch especially considering how cheap they sell for.

#3 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Nice idea, and nice to see this kind of support, giving out a free upgrade. Kudos to SP!
Lo

#4 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Both of these new markers from Smart Parts deliver high-end true-electropneumatic performance at a price that is affordable to first time players.

:dodgy:

#5 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

I love the Vibe, a lot more than the ion. I was hesitant to look into it without the Select Firing but now we'll see. Just another dream or reality???
-Ty :dodgy:

#6 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

View Postfoozeball67, on Feb 8 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

Both of these new markers from Smart Parts deliver high-end true-electropneumatic performance at a price that is affordable to first time players.

:P

The performance is supposed to be far better than anything else in the $150 price range. I haven't seen anybody with a Vibe or SP1 yet but I'll bet these things are at every field come summer.

#7 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

View PostAaronC, on Feb 8 2008, 04:47 PM, said:

View Postfoozeball67, on Feb 8 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

:D

The performance is supposed to be far better than anything else in the $150 price range. I haven't seen anybody with a Vibe or SP1 yet but I'll bet these things are at every field come summer.

it's still nowhere near what would generally be called 'high end.'

#8 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

I don't think AaronC was thinking that it was high-end, but compared to other markers in its price range, it is probably the best performer.

I haven't seen anybody with a Vibe or SP1 yet but I'll bet these things are at every field come summer.

probably, vibes are going to be the new ion...

my friend is getting a vibe in fact, whenever he gets any money.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#9 User is offline   GhillieMonstar 

• The kid with a ghillie
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

I am so happy i just tried to call but they are only open form 10 am to 6 pm Mondays through Friday!!! I cant wait. I have a Vibe and i am in dear need of select fire modes cause it will be freaken awesome!!!!!!!!!

#10 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

you beat me to it ;) i was just about to post this

it says high end performance, doesnt say anything about it being high end (since it is obviously not high end) although performs like one

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#11 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

When I was at AAPP (SPs headquarters/field) Sean scott was using his SP1 and it shot pretty damn nice as well as the vibes being used as rentals
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

I've had someone play with an SP1 at my field. Pretty quiet, nice little compact marker. It seemed like he couldn't shoot that fast, but I like the SP1 regardless.

I might have to get an SP1 as my next electro after this show of grace from SP.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#13 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:35 AM

Will this new select-fire option override the 11bps board cap they have?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#14 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

no the SF is still capped at 11. Now the BH is capped at 20 and the virtue will probably be uncapped
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   obiwan 

• Super duper Master special #1 member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bravo4569

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

can i get a definition of high end though is it a price thing or a preformance thing.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users