• This topic is locked

CSPPL in Alberta? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spacemonkey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys,

Have you had much interest in getting something started in AB? I know me and my guys would be interested in getting into a CSPPL game in or around Calgary.

Thanks,

David

#2 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Here's some interest in the Edmonton area.

That would be sweet.

<Insert Sig Here>

#3 User is offline   MURPH 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

I know what you guys are saying, the team i play with have had to travel stateside for all our sppl games. When it came to ontario canada it was pretty cool. Ontario, Quebec, New brunswick and B.C. have been added this years. Thats 3 more provinces then last year. Give it some time...it will make it there. Check out the hometown challages, you caould host your own mini csppl tourny. In the meantime, gather fellow paintballers, and fields, and spread the word.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Dusty Roots 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

My team here in regina would deffinantly love to take part in the CSPPL. We are ungoing some troubling times with number drops but we should be back up to 10 or so members by this fall. Ill talk to the feild owners to see if we can get funding for a league event.

#5 User is offline   Finch 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Canadian

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

i second the Edmonton alberta suggestion.

#6 User is offline   Spacemonkey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, I figure it will be a matter of time til the CSPPL gets operational in AB. My friends and are trying to start a monthly 7 on 7 'SPPL style' league in Calgary this spring, thats why I asked. So far we've met with some resistance from the regular players, but we're going for it anyway.

#7 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

like murph mentioned above... take part in hosting a csppl hometown event... if you create enough buzz, it should be easy as pie to get a qualifier put together by 09.....

if you can get 4+ teams out to a hometown event this spring, thats a darn good showing and a great start :ninja:

good luck guys!

This post has been edited by JayRecball: 07 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

#8 User is offline   MURPH 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

yeah, check out www.spplcanada.com it has the info and contacts for the hometown challenges.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   withoutwarning 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHOUT WARNING

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Thirdsys on interest for edmonton i know u could fill a tournament in edmonton some how they have got to get this going for 2009
Deprecor Terminus (Beg for the end)
Feedabck here
Boycotting cRap4 Since 29/06/2008 Heres Why

#10 User is offline   CSPPL Rep 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:20 AM

View Postwithoutwarning, on Sep 10 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

Thirdsys on interest for edmonton i know u could fill a tournament in edmonton some how they have got to get this going for 2009

There is alot of interest in AB, We have talked to some fields and some organizers. There is very likley going to be SPPL in AB in 2009. maybe even in 2008 we'll be able to get an event fit into the late fall.

interested field operators

519-476-7732.
Greg

#11 User is offline   withoutwarning 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHOUT WARNING

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

im going to Young guns out by edmonton this weekend. Their having another big scenario game on sunday. Its one of the bigger and better fields in the area IMO. Ill try and talk to the manager while im there and pass the number on. Is their an email u can be reached at as well greg.
Deprecor Terminus (Beg for the end)
Feedabck here
Boycotting cRap4 Since 29/06/2008 Heres Why

#12 User is offline   RARE_1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

I am a menber of spacemonkey's squad and we have organized what would amount to an unofficial, hometown event for the weekend of Sept 27 & 28, 2008 at the home of Skyline Nation (http://www.skylinenation.ca/). At this point we have 5 teams committed from the Calgary area and we are very happy with the turn out so far. We have been playing pickup games throughout the year using the SPPL rules and we have been very happy with the format, everyone who tries it is impressed. It also helps that we usually play BYOP on outlaw fields so it is very affordable.

Assuming the success of this event, we will be looking at the possiblity of a sanctioned event next year.

We have approached some of the fields here in Calgary about the possibility of hosting regular events but they tend to want to have a proven winner before they will commit. That's when we turned to our friends at Skyline Nation for a venue to host a more organized event for us. Teams are required to provide refs for games they are not playing in and due to the small community, sportsmanship has never been an issue.

We look forward to the event and I'm sure we will be back to share our expirience.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as I'm not a frequent visitor to this forum.

#13 User is offline   CSPPL Rep 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

View PostRARE_1, on Sep 19 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

I am a menber of spacemonkey's squad and we have organized what would amount to an unofficial, hometown event for the weekend of Sept 27 & 28, 2008 at the home of Skyline Nation (http://www.skylinenation.ca/).
We look forward to the event and I'm sure we will be back to share our expirience.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as I'm not a frequent visitor to this forum.

I have talked with the Skyline nation Owner and we are both looking forward to holding an Offical qualifier atin AB next year.
Let the feilds know it's a proven format. I'd be very happy to provide referances from field owners.

Greg
info@SPPLCanada.com

#14 User is offline   Spacemonkey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

OK, thought I would post an update on our local 'SPPL style' tournament we had this past weekend. 4 teams made it out with a total of 48 players. Everything went real smooth with a round-robin style game, everyone got to play 3 games over 2 days with 2 advancing to the finals. Prizes were given out for 1st place and sportsmanship. We also handed out many doorprizes including an SP-1. Low and behold the one person at the event who didn't own his own marker (he was borrowing) won it! Good times were had by all and people are already discussing next year.

Monkeyman.

#15 User is offline   secure 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CSPPL Maverick

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

Fantastic man! Glad to hear things worked out for you guys! It always helps having interested people, teams and field when it comes to growing a league!
I've been playing for longer than you've been alive.. and I still haven't been comitted!!
Adrenaline A-Team: more than a paintball team, it's FAMILY:)
I have a Vice.... and I named her Miami....;)
Then I named my SP-1 'Sean'... get it?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users