Special Ops Paintball: Bruises that won't go away? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bruises that won't go away? Should I be worried?

#16 User is offline   mapexgurl 

• aka code_red
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:code_red

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:28 AM

I heard Arnica is really good. I will try the things you guys suggested. Thanks!

knightwolf16- I wear ultralite pants and top. Both are really baggy on me. I don't really wear any protective gear besides my mask and the occational knee pads. I just saw that Dye has womens slider shorts, which is awesome! I will probably pick up a pair of those. Something has to be better than nothing.

#17 User is offline   SureShot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

Nothing to worry about at all.
Stuff like that can last for a long long time, depending on how deep it was bruised.
In fact, I had a scrape on my knee, that left a red mark for over 8 months! (Went away eventually)

#18 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

i always rub toothpaste on my bruises

#19 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

I punch my bruises.... yea im a manly man
anways how the update on the dirty battle wound of yours? is it gone, healing..still black

#20 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

I would make armor out of metal and wrap it in memmory foam, OR carbon fiber and wrap it in foam, with the metal you would cut 2 holes and put a belt through both and cut it down so there is no slack when you put it on, with the carbon fiber you need to cut the holes in it BEFORE you apply the resin to make it hard, the do the same thing with the belt, itwould be cheaper to do it with metal but unless you are well conditioned it will get heavy and it will dent if you get it to thin so you should probably go with carbon fiber.

This post has been edited by Never Dead's twin: 07 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

#21 User is offline   EvilxTriumphs 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

i know some people just take a while for bruises to heal like i know my sister when she gets bruises (which is quite often she will tell you she is the biggest clutz around) it will take months sometimes for them to heal i dont know how or why but some people it just takes longer i know other girls that when they get a bruise it goes away fast
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"

"War doesn't determine whos right, Only whos left."

#22 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:47 AM

Never Dead, on Mar 7 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

I would make armor out of metal and wrap it in memmory foam, OR carbon fiber and wrap it in foam, with the metal you would cut 2 holes and put a belt through both and cut it down so there is no slack when you put it on, with the carbon fiber you need to cut the holes in it BEFORE you apply the resin to make it hard, the do the same thing with the belt, itwould be cheaper to do it with metal but unless you are well conditioned it will get heavy and it will dent if you get it to thin so you should probably go with carbon fiber.

Why not use bubble wrap then... Light weight and makes popping noises if you land on them hard enough
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#23 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

mapexgurl, on Jan 15 2008, 01:28 PM, said:

I heard Arnica is really good. I will try the things you guys suggested. Thanks!

knightwolf16- I wear ultralite pants and top. Both are really baggy on me. I don't really wear any protective gear besides my mask and the occational knee pads. I just saw that Dye has womens slider shorts, which is awesome! I will probably pick up a pair of those. Something has to be better than nothing.

I wear fatigues. They're heavy cotton, similar to denim, and are extremely baggy. The thinness of the material may no absorb much force from the paintball. I wear slider pants as well.

Also, those hits could have come from someone shooting hot. The worst hit that I have received was from a marker that they gave a groom during a bachelor party. They were having issues with it but let him use it anyway. I took two shots from this thing. The first was point blank through a windo on my hand. I was wearing half finger gloves with the plastic armor on the back of the hand. I lost feeling in my hand for about 5-10 minutes.

The second hit was to my outer thigh. When I was changing after the game, the owner of the field saw my leg and said nice hit. I looked down and had a ribbon of blood down the side of my leg, The hit took over 2 months to heal completely. I was wearing a set of tiger stripe fatigues that day and it still did a number on me.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#24 User is offline   Rednecker 

• Hard to hit a 5'6 100 pound target huh.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rednecker

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

Puzuma, on Jan 8 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

One of my sisters is very fair skinned and is very easy to bruise, I can cause a bruise just by poking her in the arm. Even those "gently" bruises seem to last 3 or 4 days longer than a normal bruise on me. I can just imagine what a paintball bruise would do to her.

As Knightwolf said, check with your Dr to see if there is anything you an do, aside from slider shorts.

WHOA puzuma isn't a seventy year old only child hermit!! jk i couldn't resist. I would recommend some slider shorts or get some subdued colored speedball pants. These absorb impact well and aren't bright red. and like they say talk to your doctor.
If you've bunkered someone put this in your sig.

Pain is temporary
But glory lasts forever

#25 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

my sister gennerally has her (paintball) bruses for about 3-4 months(wish mine stayed that long :dry: )

Ekima

#26 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Don't be too concerned. I have several permanent "welts". They are just welt-shaped scars, really. Each has a story. One looks like a 3rd nipple...

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#27 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Take a look at sliders for other sports too. Both Nike and UnderArmour make great sliders for football, baseball and soccer.
When "pretty good" just isn't good enough...

#28 User is offline   Picasso 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

A bruise is the result of the capillaries in the bruised area being damaged. If a bruise persists for more than several moths it is a clear sign of deep muscle bruising and possible tissue damage and a doctor should be consulted.
I will give my all, I will do my best, I will never give up.
Christian

#29 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

i wear Skins compression tights, which are like the underarmour stuff, since wearing them i have noticed that it has greatly reduced the impact a paintball, no matter the range, i would suggest looking into getting a set because my bruises are lil pink marks on the skin that are usually gone within a week

just thought id add that i have been shot at point blank range whilst wearing them and yes it still does hurt but i can tell there is a big difference
dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#30 User is offline   CaptainGuevara 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

I have like 7 of those all over my back from a stupid paintball idea that left my back covered in bleeding welts, mine have been there for about two years and show no signs of gong away, but they don't seem to cause any harm.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=107904

THIS WILL BE PAWNED IF NOT SOLD IN THREE WEEKS!!!!! I WILL PROBABLY ACCEPT LOW OFFERS!!!!
GREAT MARKER!!!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users