• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JJ Ceramics Barrel Review Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Alright I have been using a 14" JJ Ceramics barrel for a few months now and I have decided that it's time to do a review because I always see barrel question threads. As far as I am concerned it is the best barrel I have ever used and it is one of the best paintball related investments that I have ever made. It is a great product. I have put about 6 different types of paint through this bad boy and it shot them all accuratley as can be. Even stale and dimpled paint shot great out of this barrel. I am not sure of the exact bore sizing of the barrel but I have only had about 5 paint breaks in the barrel during months of usage. I have recently used it with reballs and you guesed it, on point. It shoots between 110 and 130 feet. I have used it at all different FPS's and no matter what it was set at it hit it's mark. From 1 BPS all the way up to 15 BPS it shot great. I have used it with CO2 and with HPA and the performance did not differ much. The ceramic coating on the barrel scratches VERY easily but it does not reflect the sun whatsoever. For just under 40 bucks I would suggest that you go for it. It is a choice that you will not regret later. I have also tried a 12" and that was just as accurate as my 14". I give it a 9.8/10 and the only reason it is not a 10 is because of the easy scratch issue. I will never get rid of this barrel. It is accurate enough for a sniper and it looks great too. I hope this helps to all of you that are searching for a new barrel.

#2 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

i have a 12 inch j&j ceranmic, its ok. worth the $35 i payed for it, not the best barrel i have used. its about as self cleaning as any other barrel. it is very accurate with all most all paint.
A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#3 User is offline   Whiskyshot33 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Whiskyshot

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Great barrel for the money! I have used them on my 98C and on A5...great barrel.

#4 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

I have one for 2/3 of the guns that I have! They rox

#5 User is offline   xX MATT Xx 

• graphics don't matter.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:XX MATT XX

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

do yall think its better than a c series??
Tippmann Owners Group Number 48

#6 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

View PostxX MATT Xx, on Jan 29 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

C series barrels are better quality but more expensive. Another reason they are more expensive is just because of they are made of carbon fiber, and that does nothing but lighten it up.

#7 User is offline   DROP THE HAMMER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Are they better than brass barrels? can u put an apex on it?

#8 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

You can put an Apex on a J&J, yes. Better than Brass? No.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#9 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:weltman16

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

i have a 14 inch j&j ceramic barrel for my a-5 i payed 70$ all new and shiny. never choped a single ball in the 3-4 months i had it. i go every week.
tippmann owners club #131

#10 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

First of all, you paid $70 for a jj ceramic barrel?!?!?!

My 16 inch is nice but I like my 14 bigshot more. I got more breaks in my jj than my lapco. When I got breaks in my jj, It became no use. Sure, it can clean the inside but it can't clean the porting itself. Paint becomes unevenly distributed in the porting which makes your balls curve all over the place, with more effect than an apex. I also got them both new at the same low price of $35

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#11 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

ill invest in one of these for my ion

#12 Guest_ghostsniper09_*

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:08 AM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Feb 24 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

C series barrels are better quality but more expensive. Another reason they are more expensive is just because of they are made of carbon fiber, and that does nothing but lighten it up.

I have used smart parts,jj's,brass,c-series,and regular stiffi's. The smart parts was the worst of them all. I would have to say that the brass and jj are about the same in quality. But the regular stiffi was the best barrel i have ever used! although it was 110$ i still wouldn't trade it for anything. But thats my opinion. My squads know as the ghosts.We have been playin togethet for 6 years. im the sniper and either single shot or if i have to unload the stiffi never breaks any of my PREMIUM paint. at first the barrel was picky on paint but i finally found the right paint.So to get to my point the c-series and stiffi's are better than the jj's.................................in my opinion.

#13 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

View Postghostsniper09, on Mar 17 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Feb 24 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

I have used smart parts,jj's,brass,c-series,and regular stiffi's. The smart parts was the worst of them all. I would have to say that the brass and jj are about the same in quality. But the regular stiffi was the best barrel i have ever used! although it was 110$ i still wouldn't trade it for anything. But thats my opinion. My squads know as the ghosts.We have been playin togethet for 6 years. im the sniper and either single shot or if i have to unload the stiffi never breaks any of my PREMIUM paint. at first the barrel was picky on paint but i finally found the right paint.So to get to my point the c-series and stiffi's are better than the jj's.................................in my opinion.

it looks like you get what you pay for

#14 User is offline   WOODSBALLER 

• Oh how I've missed you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PBALLA

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

Honestly i've used a smart parts barrel and a C-series, the c-series was great and relly light, plus it looked good with the tips and the smart parts was ok but a lil bit heavier. Although...i love battle swabs which you can't use with c-series.
Natural Born Killer
HYBRID BALLER

#15 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

I have a J&J 16" Ceramic, I use it on my X7, its pretty damn accurate, however, I have a serious problem.
MY GUN DON'T SHOOT STRAIGHT!
It shoots to the left! I've tried reseting the barrel lug, pushing the barrel slightly to the right. I aim down the gun crooked to shoot accurately! What the hell is happening! I run CO2 which could be part of the problem, the lug could be offset in the construction (possibly?), and the crappy stock powertube, which fell apart (but i put it back together), and stock bolt (shredding its skin; piece of crap) could be a part of the problem! By the way, the gun shoots the same offset with the stock barrel as with the J&J, but I have noticed, minus the offset, that the J&J is a lot more accurate, and I paid about $40 for it.

HELP ME! PM ME PLEASE!
One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users