Special Ops Paintball: Deployed Paint ballers - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deployed Paint ballers Let's do what we can to assist our fellow ballers in far off lands Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

Controller,

Have you had any contact with Redleg lately. I seem to have lost contact with him. Could you check up on him? Thanks
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#47 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

Black Light Z,

The package was sent out Wednesday. I supplied more than last time but it seems it was too much to all fit in the box, plus they threw in some of their own stuff. Three big bags beef jerky (three smaller bags inside each), several large packets of gum, couple dozen Atomic Fireballs, and about 100 of those Sour Punch Twists. They said 'most' of what I supplied was able to fit in the box but I don't know exactly what, plus they added some of their own stuff. However, the rest went into general distribution for the troops.

Bad news is that since their contract ends in two months they are shutting the program down for now. They have to wait and see if the new contract winner will fund the program after the contract change. Our contract changes as well. I am pretty sure I will get picked up but there is always that small chance.

Let me know what you end up with. I will see if there is something I can do thru the local Air Force Station here.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#48 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

Got a message from Redleg so it seems he is still kickin around.

Hey, how's it going? I really haven't kept in touch with anybody lately. My platoon moved across the FOB a few weeks ago and I have to walk over half a mile to get to the internet cafe. I just haven't made the trip that many times. We might get some internet wired into our buildings soon. That will make things a lot better. I'm doing alright though. My platoon leader has kept me busy lately, but that's alright. It makes the time go by pretty fast. The weather is pretty hot now. I can't wait until September and October when things start to cool down a bit.

Another package? Cool! The only thing I can think of that I would like is marshmallows. We have a fire pit in front of my building with a mortar round buried next to it. I want to use the thing sometime. I like fires, lol.

So how have things been going back there? I hear the gas prices are pretty outrageous. I'm glad I'm not paying for gas right now. Well, it was nice hearing from you. I'll try to keep in touch a little more often.

OOPS, forgot about the marshmellows. I will figure some way to get them to you.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#49 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

It seems he is doing well but is still jonesing for some marshmellows.

-------------- Original message from Jeremy Barnby <g_i_jeremy@hotmail.com>: --------------

Hey, what's up? I just wanted to thank you for the package I received today. You're right...it has a lot of stuff in there, lol. There's no way I'm going to be able to use all that myself, but it will make my guys pretty happy when I give them a bunch of stuff. This evening we are having a barbecue for my section. We tried to have on on the 4th of July but we couldn't get any food from the chow hall. We tried again a week later for one my guy's birthday's, but that didn't work out either. We finally have some food and sodas and stuff for tonight. My mom sent me some marshmallows to roast, but those sort of melted on the way over here, lol. We should have a good time tonight, just as long as a dust strom doesn't come in.

Things are still pretty quiet around here as far as security is concerned. Rumors are flying all over the place though. This summer doesn't seem as hot as it was last time I was here in 2005. The hottest I've seen it so far this year was right around 120 degrees. In Baghdad in 2005 I remember a 130 or 135, I think. That may because of all the concrete and stuff around there though. Where I am now we have the (***) just 100 feet outside my front door and we have several fish ponds and a small, seasonal lake nearby. All the vegetation keeps the temps down a little bit.

I've been reading up on paintball lately and I've been trying to hang around the spec ops forums a bit more. I want to start playing again when I get back. After going to the Elite Weekend in 2007 I didn't play again until a week or two before I deployed in October. I was burned out, but I'm pretty sure I'm good to go now. I miss hanging out with people and meeting new people at the games. It seems like a big family reunion when we all get together for a big game. Well, it's time that I get going. I hope everything is going well for you back there. Take care!

<Jeremy Barnby>
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#50 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

Redleg & BLZ,

Next shipments being assembled and should be on their way in a week or two.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#51 User is offline   AzidRaiN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AzidRaiN

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

I just wanted to say, that this is an awesome idea! I'm currently deployed, but I only have 21 days left!!! See you guys on the field sometime, and keep up the good work!!! :usa:
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

#52 User is offline   BLOODANGEL 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bloodangel

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:17 AM

hey guys i'm new to forum and wished i would have found this one earlier in my deployment. Almost done w/ 6 months in South Korea. Thank you for the support that you guys are showing the troops (Marines, Soldiers. Navy, Coast Gaurd and Air Force. I'm in the Air Force and this is my second deployment. My name is Charlie Roberson aka BLOODANGEL. I will stay in touch with the forums when i get back to Japan and then my next duty station. I do need a CARE package now that i leave at the end of the month. Charlie

#53 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Send me your contact info and I will send some. I usually do things like hot chocolate mix, chewing gum, candy, drink mixes. Things that are wanted in the sandbox, but I customize to what the person wants as much as I can. Let me know.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#54 User is offline   TexasCowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

Howdy y'al
Texas Cowboy from Texas.
My son spent 2 years over der in irack in da army. he went dar to depleat the population. he like da army.

it was a joy to him to recieve letters and stuff from folks here at home. he said it made him warm and fuzzy. dont know wat dat means.

i shav evrie day and it be hot here in south Texas.

but he said it was a good thing to recieve.

"Bless our sons and daughters for doing what they do, for those are the ones that allow us to sleep at night without the fear of bombs dropping on our heads."

he be a good boy, 31 years old and still knows how to make his father proud.

bless them all

Tex

#55 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

well, I'm in Afghanistan. I'm living well. Long story short there's bad dudes and a lot of people that are caught in between a rock and a hard place. we're doing our best with what we have. I'm safe (most of the time). Redleg is married and is a Sergeant now. I'm still a 1st Lieutenant and will pin on Captain bars sometime next May/June. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mac "controller"

#56 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Redleg is married? WTH. Last I heard he was stationed in Germany. What he do, catch one of those crazy fraulines?

PM me your info if you want me to send you some packages from time to time.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#57 User is offline   Jsones 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Dakgu

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Call sign: Dakgu
Team: none att still looking

SGT Sones, Joshua
A Trp 3-89 Cav
COP Durani
APO AE 09364

Im a Cav Scout that plays as a sabre looking for a team in central louisiana when i get home hit me up guys i lose those scenarios

#58 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

Let me know when you get deployed and I will send you some packages.

This post has been edited by cookie: 12 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#59 User is offline   The Baroness 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Baroness

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

View Postcookie, on 12 December 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

Let me know when you get deployed and I will send you some packages.

Hey Cookie...do u want me to add anything regarding this thread to the Bad Monkeys FB page and get more support...lemme know what we can do to help...also the website will be up and running in like a week we can add some stuff there too!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
CONTRACTED MURDER, DEATH, KILLER
TEAM ON TARGET

#60 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

A few bucks here and there from those that can afford it wouldn't hurt, I just don't want those that really can not afford it to feel obligated to do so.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic