Special Ops Paintball: Deployed Paint ballers - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deployed Paint ballers Let's do what we can to assist our fellow ballers in far off lands Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

MESSAGE FROM REDLEG;

To:
Subject: RE: package
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:58:14 +0000

Hey, it's nice hearing from you. No, I haven't received the package yet. I don't think the mail is supposed to get here for another week. All of the mail sent here gets distributed at another installation an hour away from here. Mail will usually come about three times every two weeks, but for some reason it's being delayed a little bit now. When things get sent over here form the States they can take as little as two weeks or as long as a month more depending on if it got sent to the wrong place or not.

I'll let you know what's in the package. I'm sure I'll be trying out the Zip Fizz. It's been getting pretty warm here lately and I've been drinking plenty of water. I wish I could have made it down to Blanding, it would have been a lot of fun. You're right though...spending time with my family was well worth it.

Well, lately things have been starting to heat up around here. There are a lot more IED's being placed in the area and al Sadr's Mahdi Army has been stirring up trouble. I thought we were going to have to go in and show them who's boss today, but nothing developed of the situation. That's too bad. I was anxious to shoot my M240B machine gun at some insurgents.

<Jeremy Barnby>
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#32 User is offline   -JC-Jester 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-OR-Jester

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

Glad to hear from Red!! Best wished and God Speed, get home safe, and be ready to shoot some paint when you get home!!!!
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

-------------- Original message from Jeremy Barnby <g_i_jeremy@hotmail.com>: --------------

How's everything going? I'm doing a lot better now, lol. The box arrived yesterday. I looked at the return address on it and saw Spaceport something or other and KSC. I thought of the Kennedy Space Center and it occurred to me that I don't know any astronauts, lol. I was surprised when I opened the box. There were ten pairs of socks in there, two dozen packs of Skittles, two dozen rolls of Sweet Tarts, a whole lot of the Zip Fizz, a lot of hot chocolate mix, some gum, the camera, batteries (I think), and some NASA magazines. Oh...there were a lot of beef jerky snack sticks too. I definitely wasn't expecting all that. I have some stuff to my roommates and put the rest in my wall locker. I should be good to go for a while. :D

The weather has been getting hot over here lately. This morning a dust storm came in and everything had an orange tint to it. The pace of things around her has been picking up a little, bit it still isn't bad. Things are a lot better than they were for my last deployment. I'll be going to the promotion board this week. If everything goes well there I'll be promoted to sergeant in the next month or two. I'm looking forward to wearing some stripes.

Well, a buddy is here trying to get me to go to chow with him. Thanks for the package! Talk to you later!

<Jeremy Barnby>

NOTE: The gum, camera, batteries, beef jerky and NASA magazines were courtesey of Space Gateway Support (the company supplying the boxes and paying for the shipping).
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#34 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

You can remove my address from the list....

I arrived home last night, via Kuwait, Hungary, Iceland, Illinois, and finally back home to 29 Palms, CA.

(i'm Goldsmith).
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#35 User is offline   BlackLight Z 

• Fast Mover Tactical Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLC_Zone

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:30 AM

Eric Zerhan
TF Paladin
APO AE 09355

thats me just in case you were wondering

thanx for the thought man.
Z aka Zone
BlackLight Company Member
There's no charge for awesomeness!!!

#36 User is offline   InsanityPaintball 

• Doc Insanity
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

Hey guys I'm glad to see everyone supporting players in the service I wish this had been started a long time ago and stays for even longer.

I am a Medic currently in Iraq. Luckily I get to go home soon. but there are many that don't.

I just wanted to say thanks and tell you to keep up the support we love it.
I have a dream..............
.....................................And in it something eats you!

WWW.ReaperArmy.com/Forums

#37 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:38 AM

Eric,

I will give your contact info to the people here at work. Any specific items you would like? White socks, drink mix, jerky, super model?
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#38 User is offline   BlackLight Z 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:20 AM

super model would be glorious. I am actually set up pretty good here, but I'll never refuse jerky. thanx for thinking of us.
Z aka Zone

#39 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

View PostBlackLight Z, on May 20 2008, 07:20 AM, said:

super model would be glorious. I am actually set up pretty good here, but I'll never refuse jerky. thanx for thinking of us.

I will have some jerky to the people here by Monday and notify you when they ship the package. Let me know if/when it arrives. Original, teriyaki or pepper flavor?
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#40 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

Eric,

I am told the sipment should go out within a week. You asked for jerky, you shall receive jerky (along with some other things they throw in).
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#41 User is offline   skypilot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hey guys!!

I am a Chaplain Assistnat stationed at Fort Benning, GA. I work for a unit that deploys 4-500 individual augmentees weekly. We ship soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, DOD/DA civilians, and all contractors to 36 regions of the world. If we have a force there, used to have aforce there, or are thinking about having a force there, we probaly ship people there. I have painstakingly created a Religous Education Center here for the deployers downtime. We try to keep supplied with books, magazines, DVD's, CD'S, and games of all types. I never turn down a donation and it all goes into the hands of people going into harms way. Let me know!!!

My shipping info is:

SSG T Jackson
CONUS Replacement Center (CRC)
BLDG 4716
10487 El Caney Avenue
Fort Benning, GA 31905

:wacko: Thanks for thinking of all of us in uniform!!! :laugh:
Skypilot

Pro Deo Et Patria!!

#42 User is offline   BlackLight Z 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

received the package yesterday. My coworkers were jealous, but we've all been enjoying the contents.

Please pass along our appreciation.
Thanx Again
eric
Z aka Zone

#43 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:10 AM

View PostInsanityPaintball, on May 19 2008, 08:36 AM, said:

Hey guys I'm glad to see everyone supporting players in the service I wish this had been started a long time ago and stays for even longer.

I am a Medic currently in Iraq. Luckily I get to go home soon. but there are many that don't.

I just wanted to say thanks and tell you to keep up the support we love it.

I will do this at least for as long as we have troops deployed in situations like this. I may not always support the specific war they are fighting but I will always support the troops. I was always a 'vocal' supporter of our troops but it hit closer to home several years ago. The son of a co-worker got deployed to Iraq and after several months there sent a letter home requesting that his family send items that we would have thought of as basics. That was when I got much more involved and put my wallet where my mouth was. After he finished his stint and was discharged I then saw the Short Bus thread and decided to support them. After they came home and another baller I personally knew was deployed I decided to start a general support thread for any deployed paintballer.

I am racheting it up a notch and actively seeking donations at each game I attend.

This post has been edited by cookie: 07 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#44 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

Wussup everyone! This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it Cookie. I'll be deploying May of 09 to Afghanistan. I'll keep everyone updated. Next week I may be deploying to California to help fight the wildfires. Should only be there for a month; afterwards, I'll be going to Ranger school (Finally!). Take care everyone.

#45 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

I just barely got out of deploying to fight fires. lol...buuut in oct I'm doing my final tour. woot.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users