• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

View PostHvyRifleman12345, on Apr 11 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

Man if I was getting Shadowboxed on a night field I would DOO DOO myself

I'd duck, but that's just me. :)
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#47 User is offline   Top Dog Paintballer. 

• A1 steak sauce - Mmmmmmmmm.......Tangy!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Top Dog Paintballer

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

In the SpecOps tactics guide they say to look around bunkers and not over them. Why does it matter?

Official Sabre #108 - Yea, I'm a Christian 'baller

#48 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Because you're closer to the ground, and the opfor might not see you, plus you can expose yourself a bit less. But I think it's more important to pop your head up in a different spot than you did the previous time, so the opfor can't just set their sights on where you're going to pop out.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#49 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the help :heart:

Tippman owners group #35

#50 User is offline   Pacman 

• Elite Commander, Owner - Genesis Paintball
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pacman

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:54 AM

View PostBig Pickle, on Sep 26 2006, 08:32 PM, said:

Awesome idea. ill need to use it. just one question: any tips for what to do if your pinned down and surrounded. happened to me last week when i was leading me team. we split up into two groups, leaving one sit while the other flanked the enemy. but they got completly around us first so i decieded it would best to hunker down and try to fight out. but i got killed and my team got shot to TINKLE. any better ideas on what to do?

Pickle,

Hey, as team commander, you got to make the best choice that you think will accomplish you mission. Sometimes they're good one's, other times they're not so good. Since your question was what to do if you get surrounded, I'll address just that part of your story.

If you are turely surrounded, you will most likely get wipped out. Assuming you dont want to just sit and wait for that to happen, this is what I suggest. You have to establish a zone of control where you can exit the trap you're in. If you have grenades, get them ready. I suggest you assault the weakest portion of their line. If you have smoke, use it to cover your rear from the main OpForce, while you throw grenades at your assault route. Then do a rolling fire (our teams tactic name) to overwhelm the weakest part of their line, blow through it, and do a rolling retreat to get clear. Your rolling fire manuver has got to be fast. Fire while two advance 10-15 feet to cover if possible. They drop to a knee and open up while the two in the rear roll past them 10-15 feet, drop to a knee and fire. Rinse and repeat with the rest of your squad until you blow through their line. All fire in this situation is suppression fire. You just need to keep the OpForces heads down while you make a hole through their line. Take out targets of opportunity only if doing so doesn't slow you down. Most importantly, get out of the trap.

Pacman

This post has been edited by Pacman: 16 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Semper-Fi: Proud father of a United States Marine

#51 User is offline   Goblin_Jedburgh 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MasterGoblin

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

I'm just throwing my two sense in. US Special Forces (i.e. "Green Berets") aren't going to do something like that. There is a reason. The FM 7-8 and the Ranger Handbook still work today. There's no need to change what is good, and there's no need to fix what is broken. What does need to happen, and any SF guy will tell you this...what needs to happen for a team to be successful on the field is 1. proper task organization and 2. mastering the basics. You have to become masters of the basics before you can start moving out into the realm of the unknown. Trust me learn the fundamentals first before you move out to something else. I have several copies of the Ranger Handbook and the FM 7-8 (Infantry Rifle Squad and Platoon), and I take them to every practice and game. Learn these and adapt them as you need them and go from there. If you don't understand the Army jargon... asks someone who does. I love teaching these battledrills because they work... time and time again they work, and they're very simple.

Goblin

#52 User is offline   Mechanical Jester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical Jester

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

Truly a great tactic.

I wish your other post could have made it to sticky....the one with all the other tactics.
Team Alter Ego
Proudly supported by:Designer Paintball, Tanks Paintball, Tadao Technologies, Understood, Acid Customs , and MobileTech Paintball

#53 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

Here's and idea that I was toying with and it might work. Have both your squads fan out at the begining but keep in visual range. When contact with the OPFOR's made and the paint begins to fly, come together in what is called a full muster in order to maximize your fire power and them both teams behin to peel (you do a leap frog manuver to the sides) one team moves left and the other goes right and them you can either divide and conquer or with your teams pelled to the flanks your able to leap frog foward and do a pincer attack.

NOTE: It'shard as hell to do this in heavily thick woods, so plan ahead for all possibleaties.

This post has been edited by BIGBOSS_202: 30 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#54 Guest_martzy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

View PostWVPC Commander, on May 18 2005, 06:16 AM, said:

This is a tactic that is used heavily by the U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.s, Delta, and several other S.T.C.T.s (Small Squad Tactical Combat Teams). It is a staple of the Tactics and Maneuver guide and has been a lifesaver many times and is actually the first tactic that I taught my team. To learn this tactic and polish it to near perfection plan to spend a lot of time in the woods with your attack squad and be prepared to be a hard dumper about their timing, speed, and fluidity. This is not an easy tactic to pull off but it works very well in a lot of situations. It can be slightly modified to serve as your go to plan for the fighting retreat, a strong tactic to use when dealing with small pockets of the OpFor, or one large pocket…
(I should note that in order for this tactic to work properly you should play in a fairly heavily wooded area with plenty of underbrush and your team MUST have good camouflage strategies. I also assume a tem man team in all of my tactics)

Shadowboxing:

Theoretically simple shadowboxing derives its name not from the actions of the implementing team, but from the actions of the OpFor. Shadowboxing is a hit and run, guerilla tactic designed to cause confusion and misdirection in the minds of the enemy. This is achieved by using several (3-6) players in a sight line fan formation (Spread out in a line moving quickly through wooded areas but never out of sight of each other). When the OpFor is encountered the line quickly and quietly (QUIETLY) moves into a dual flank (Optimally 3 teams of 2). The Shadowboxing will then begin, players will raise and fire two or three shots before ducking into the brush and disappearing, then one on the right will repeat the maneuver then one on the left. Keep this up, it is confusing, it hides your numbers, and it also happens to create what snipers call a fish in a barrel effect, they will almost always group up and look for the fastest way out, a sniper or anyone with a decent shot for that matter can pick them off one by one, and once they run for it it’s over, there is no honor lost in shooting a man in the back if later he plans to turn around…

As for the adaptations of shadowboxing it can be used on the run, either forwards or backwards to befuddle the OpFor into your exact locations and numbers. Believe me, when the staged and seemingly random fire from several locations while you watch shadows move through the trees is seen by the OpFor Commander he will tally numbers much higher than 5 or 6. It is a great tactic to use in paintball due to the fact that it does not rely on accuracy or individual talent, trust me, 6 rookies can take down a team of B.U.D.S. trainers quickly using this tactic….

ive seen this done before and this move is very good it confuses your enemy and you usually win the fight but it also puts the morale down of the other team for the games to come they ended up thinking they are playing a team that is far superior and is everywhere at once it is a very good tactic

#55 User is offline   nitro_dr 

• Camo Mafia
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DRNITRO9

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

It's amazing at simplistic some of these tactics are and yet they work so effectively. If only we could all think of these wonderfuly clever tactics in the heat of the moment.

#56 User is offline   luckyxtreme 

• Bad Karma Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lucky [Bad Karma]

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

Yeah it is very good. I like the Shadowboxing tactic. Sounds very efficient.

#57 User is offline   DROP THE HAMMER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

thanks, good tactics but it sounds like they take a lot of practice.

#58 User is offline   Coyotekill1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Coyotekill1

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Not to be a downer or any thing, but tactics on the paint ball field? Yea, it does not work. if you go in to it with a cool head and you can dump more paint and just plain move unlike most Woods ball teams that don't do. One other thing being a sniper in woods ball you just plain cant be. I have played many games and I am a head ref at NMP and also on the state shooting team so when you can tell me that you can make a 500yd shot and keep them in the ten with a paintball let me know.

#59 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

finally. train as you fight fight as you train. real world combat tactics for woodsball. former soldigers are the worst kind to deal with on the feiled because they have the experience to make hunters the hunted
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#60 User is offline   G.Snipa22 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:G.Snipa22

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Me and 2 other guys that i have known for almost 6 years now do the tactics that you talked about on 1st post.. And we are very good about it even at big games.. And you know why becuse i trust them to have my back and they trust me to have there back..

And the Roles my friends play are.

Ben - Mediam Rifleman And almost a box of paint M16 Alpha Black. Dont know the rest of what he has off the top of my head.

Nate - Heavy Rifleman Almost a box of paint Tip A5 with Flateline. Same with Nate

Dave ( Me ) - 1/2 Ghillie head and legs Heavy Sniper i carry up to 1800 paintballs and 2 4000psi Nitro tanks

We are dedicated.. Exersise and do runs in full gear. all that fun stuff.. you have to get used to carrying all that paint and Nitro and keep up with everything going on..

We have a Commander who think he is all that but when the **** hits the fan he falls appart.. Ben is realy the commander he is the guy for the job.. And then we have a Noob who we are trying to get good things out of so fare so good he just got over his fear of being painted after getting nailed by a hopper of paint.. So fare so good..

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users