Special Ops Paintball: Hopper Restrictions - Special Ops Paintball

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hopper Restrictions Rate Topic: ***-- 1 Votes

Poll: Hopper Restrictions (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Hoppers for 2008

1. Leave the present hopper rules in place (53 votes [47.32%])

Percentage of vote: 47.32%

2. Lift the restrictions - any hopper is allowed (59 votes [52.68%])

Percentage of vote: 52.68%

Vote

#1 Guest_PaleRider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

The SPPL is considering modifying or dropping the hopper rule. This is a players league and we would like
to know your thoughts.
If the SPPL were to lift the hopper restictions the 15 bps rule would continue to be in force, however
additional radar and sound equipment would be purchased to keep players honest.
Penalties for cheating would be as sever as wiping and playing on
Thank you for your input

Also Jayson would like to talk with the team captains, please PM or E-mail him.

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

If you've got the resources and skills to moniter BPS on field...I say go for it.

But if you can't regulate it...I'd stay with the hopper rule.

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

i think that if the people want it they should alow it but my guess is the people without the capabilities to go that fast will not want it to happen
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#4 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

If Jayson is willing and ready to put forth the financial AND MANPOWER resources to do this, it would be nice not having to have a special loader that you only use for 1-3 weekends per year.

#5 User is offline   Goldensurfboard 

• I like to surf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tom The Bomb

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

Yes, If we you can get everything you need to make sure that nobody exceeds the 15bps limit, then definetely go for it.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-Sun Tzu
Check out my sale! My Feedback My Wants

#6 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

I say go for it.
People wont have to buy new, slower hoppers.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#7 User is offline   WrathOfTheGods 

• WrathOfTheGods
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WrathOfTheGods

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

Agreed. It would be nice to just use my hopper I have now rather than hunt down one to borrow, since its not worth spending the money on something a different hopper, even if its just $20, thats $20 for more paint :) :) :D

#8 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

amen man i wouldn't want to take the vortex mod out of my friends gun (i instaled it for him)
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#9 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

I say take out the hopper restrictions if you can get the equipment and man power to make sure everyone is shooting at 15 BPS. I know a few people who do not want to have to get a new hopper just for the SPPL. That is one of the reasons I am having difficulties getting players who want to go.

#10 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

How does a player know weather he is shooting 15bps or 17? If you believe you can enforce it and not have problems with it then try it out.

This post has been edited by Piller: 28 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#11 User is offline   BlackWolf214 

• Tactical EMT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BlackWolf214

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:04 AM

What were the old hopper restrictions? I have been unable to find them anywhere. It does sound like a good idea though that way you don't have to get special equipment just for SPPL events.
Official Sabre #144 (I guess) "If we can't do it, It doesn't need to be done!"
Slammin' and Sneakin' -- Sabre/Sniper hybrid
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome - Emergency Medical Services motto

#12 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:16 AM

That's a great idea. The hopper restriction seems silly to me; I understand that it helps maintain the BPS cap, however forcing players to buy a new hopper to compete in SPPL seems excessive. I say get the sonar/radar/x-ray goggles/ultra violet heat intensifying telescopic hearing aids necessary to help make sure 15 BPS is a sustained cap, and let us use our Hoppers.

View PostBlackWolf214, on Dec 29 2007, 08:04 AM, said:

What were the old hopper restrictions? I have been unable to find them anywhere. It does sound like a good idea though that way you don't have to get special equipment just for SPPL events.

Search a little bit

This post has been edited by Stang : 29 December 2007 - 06:17 AM

#13 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:46 AM

It looks like I am "The odd man out" in this discussion so far so let me explain my position for letting the current restrictions remain.

First, the 15bps number is a mystical ROF that had more to do with being under liability limits than had functional use in actual play. Follow that with the fact that the SPPL is promoted as “A Players League” which I thought meant, at least in part, that the outcome and performance of players/events was to be based on player skill and tactics and not wallet and electronics such has become the norm in “other” segments of competitive paintball.

As I look at things, the hopper restrictions as they are written, put compliance on the player via inexpensive and easily verifiable equipment restrictions, freeing the staff and organizers to focus on more important segments of the events. Removing the restrictions puts the weight on the Staff and organizers to “Catch” cheaters in the midst of actual play, taking their time, resources (both physical and monetarily) away from important things like game play. “Catching” a player shooting 17bps instead of 14bps is difficult, requires equipment that really should not be required to monitor “Honest Sportsmen” for which the league was founded and promotes a “Catch me if you can” competition between officials and players.

I have to offer to those who cite “the added expense of buying a compliant hopper” as a reason to remove the restrictions, frankly, if that’s going to break your bank, you should not be playing SPPL and should reconsider paintball as their sport of choice.

Bottom line, leave the rule as is. Interest in the league grows every year, there are segments of the country itching to have the growth enter their local market so they can participate. If it ain’t broke, don’t screw with it and the hopper limitations in SPPL ain’t broke.

Input from a player and someone who understands being an official at events like the SPPL.

This post has been edited by Traakon: 29 December 2007 - 06:50 AM

Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#14 User is offline   Killa Daddy of Two 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kdo2

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:56 AM

I personally prefer going back to the old TEAM Paint limit rules.. allowing unlimted paint consumption, allows for alot more overshooting, and abuse. I think that if the teams had a limit, they would shoot alot less, or atleast limit the heavy shooting to just their "heavy shooters", instead of having a whole team of heavy shooters. a case per player, per event, per team, sounds alot more feasible, as well as reasonable.. But that is just my opinion, one that is shared by many teams in my area. (This is why many around here dont do the SPPL anymore, as it has turned into a contest of who can fling the most paint, rather then skill, tactics and movement) Reinstate the "consumption limits" and you may just get some more players, as it can now be a more even playing field for EVERYONE.

Killa

#15 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

View PostKilla Daddy of Two, on Dec 29 2007, 09:56 AM, said:

I personally prefer going back to the old TEAM Paint limit rules.. allowing unlimted paint consumption, allows for alot more overshooting, and abuse. I think that if the teams had a limit, they would shoot alot less, or atleast limit the heavy shooting to just their "heavy shooters", instead of having a whole team of heavy shooters. a case per player, per event, per team, sounds alot more feasible, as well as reasonable.. But that is just my opinion, one that is shared by many teams in my area. (This is why many around here dont do the SPPL anymore, as it has turned into a contest of who can fling the most paint, rather then skill, tactics and movement) Reinstate the "consumption limits" and you may just get some more players, as it can now be a more even playing field for EVERYONE.

Killa

I see the logic in that, remove the hopper restriction and reinstate the team paint limitation, sounds totally fair to me.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users