• This topic is locked

Getting shot in the crotch OWWW!!!!!

#61 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

I've never gotten shot in the crotch before ever.. My crotch is always behind cover and when im running I usually dont run towards the opponent so they dont really have an angle anyways. I protect myself by not wearing pants that are 2 sizes to small. I try to give my junk some room to breath. Im sure it will help absorb if that day ever comes.

#62 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:33 AM

worn a cup every time i have played since day one. Can't tell you how many times i have been shot there, but it's been many. Always while I'm moving up. One time my squad was moving forward 5 min from the end of the game, we are carrying "the bomb" to finish it. The first few guys pass a log, and right after they pass two enemies pop up from behind it and shoot the two closest guys on our team who are 5 feet away. We all shoot the enemies who are ten feet from us. They in turn turn and face me and fire 6 rounds at me from ten feet. I hear CLACK CLACK CLACK and feel three welts in my inner thigh. Not only did he shoot me after he was shot out, he shot me right in the balls from 10 feet out after he was out. I was going to kill him, but i just laughed cause my cup saved me.

When i got home i almost died though, i take off my pants and cup and my white boxers were yellow and red. I almost died, I'm like. NOOOOOOOOOO don't tell me i didn't feel it bleed like that, NOOOO i lost him....NOOOOOOOOOOO. No, thank god it was just paint all over my boxers. Phew. I had the scare of my life... So yeah, wear a cup. Save your boys. :unsure: I wont hit the field without my under armour compression shorts and a cup thrown in em now.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#63 User is offline   Thorax 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

I tuck a towel in there...gets the job done.

#64 User is offline   Commando7 

• Commando 1 Paintball
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

I wear slider shorts. The towel folded over the crotch works, too.
A cup is a great idea, but that kind of protection isn't entirely necessary. I used to wear one whenever I played, but I find slider shorts much more comfortable and offer plenty of protection. Wearing a cup for two hours in lacrosse is alright, but wearing it all day gets to be uncomfortable. The foam of slider shorts or the towel are enough to stop a paintball. Although, I don't wear a towel because I have this fear that I'll get hit from behind inbetween the legs while I'm laying down... I an unprotected shot to the back of the jewels like that would be incredibly painful, and could cause permanent damage.

This post has been edited by Commando7: 03 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

Pump User #90
Automaggot #121
Commando 1 Paintball Team
"If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig."

#65 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

Shot someone there from three feet away. They tried to bunker me. Their problem.

#66 User is offline   Silverback 

• Cuddly Nuclear Gorilla
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Silverback09

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

First game I played back in October, of 1988, I was wearing a cup. I took off out of our flag station, took about three running steps, when the cup went left and my "johnnies" went right. With the next step the cup edge came back to where my "johnnies" were waiting. No kick in the nades during Karate had ever hurt worse. I was laying on the ground in agony, and reached into my camo pants , pulled the cup out and heaved it. I lay ther for a while before I gingerly got up and hobbled back to the command post. About an hour later I went back out and played the rest of the day.

I never wore a cup again, but about a year later I was shot in the jewels while taking out a player in a bunker. It hurt even more than the first time, I threw-up three or four times, and the shot left a cookie-cutter welt at the impact point, and swelled up about three times normal size. As if that wasn't bad enough, due to the blood from the swelling, I had to go to the emergency room a couple days later and have the blood drained, I passed out.

Ever since this event, I have worn sliding shorts and a "Runner's Cup" with is 3/8" closed cell foam that slides inside the cup pocket in the shorts. Since using this system I have been hit several dozen times, but never painfully, and most of the time, the paint bounces.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Silverback: 06 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

2012 - Command Sergeant Major of the Allied Army (D-Day)

6.FJR (D-Day) - 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008

AUTOMAGGOT #133

#67 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

next time i play i will probably get some sliders. I have never been hit there yet... but less time i played someone was shooting hot and hit me 3 times in the crotch area too close for comfort. Litterally missed by about 3-4inches on all of the shots. shooting hot enough where i was bleeding through my bdu's. (i aint saying i was critically bleeding, but the blood did seep through my pants on two of the three shots.

#68 User is offline   Silverback 

• Cuddly Nuclear Gorilla
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Silverback09

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Feb 5 2008, 12:52 AM, said:

next time i play i will probably get some sliders. I have never been hit there yet... but less time i played someone was shooting hot and hit me 3 times in the crotch area too close for comfort. Litterally missed by about 3-4inches on all of the shots. shooting hot enough where i was bleeding through my bdu's. (i aint saying i was critically bleeding, but the blood did seep through my pants on two of the three shots.

I know exactly what ya mean, I have a couple of the round "cookie cutter" scars from playing tournament ball. Two of them are on my inner thigh, on either side of "the boys".
2012 - Command Sergeant Major of the Allied Army (D-Day)

6.FJR (D-Day) - 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008

AUTOMAGGOT #133

#69 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

once, when someone was coming around me, he spread his legs across a log to go over it, and i shot him (of course). i saw where i thought i hit him and i went over and asked him if we was ok. he was, it was only 1 or 2 inches away, lol thank goodness for my bad barrel. wear anything to protect em, youll need them.
04 RX8 is my baby

#70 Guest_GroundRunner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

I had way to many close encounters before I got myself some slider shorts. Believe me there worth it. When I got them I went out and played the next day with my friends and I got shot right in the cup. THANK GOD!

#71 User is offline   Knives91 

• I support the ninja pirate alliance.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Knives91

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

I was playing 3 weekends ago. Me and friend were reffing woodsball game. He's checking someone in the middle of a firefight and get gets one in the jewels. He just kind of... fell over and started rolling around. I had to crouch in front of him with my shield. He finally managed to limp his way off to the side. Me and the other refs waited till he was out of hearing range and died laughing. He's a really large guy. Imagine a penguin rolling around on his back hold his nuts and you get the idea. Couldn't help but feel sorry for him though.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

It's not paranoia if they're actually out to get you.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch as the world tries to figure out how you did it.
Pazuma- "I'm not going after that guy, are you nuts? He's dressed like a wookie and has an SMG 68!"

#72 User is offline   stevezissu 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

View PostPaintGuido, on Nov 27 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

I almos got hit in the kahooneys, but i spread my legs and it sort of made a trampoline thing out of the crotch fabric.

lol

#73 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

You don't have to worry about it if your wearing tourney pants. :D
:)

#74 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Any slider shorts people would recommend? Right now I use a cup, but that sucks. I was looking at these under armor baseball slider shorts that take cups.
I look at reviews and most people say that the padding isn't very good. I'm not really too worried about the slider padding, just the area over the boys.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#75 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

View PostFashion assasin, on Nov 27 2007, 04:59 PM, said:

if you respect the balls, it respects your balls.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users