Special Ops Paintball: Jogging/Sprinting/Training? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jogging/Sprinting/Training? What do you guys do to keep in shape? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

When in shape I like to do anywhere from 80-140 miles a week. Maybe mix it up a bit and throw in some strides or do a fartlek or a tempo run or a few interval workouts. You know whatever I'm feeling.

#32 User is offline   PaintballXD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostTheReaper, on Dec 14 2007, 06:39 PM, said:

View PostPaintballXD, on Dec 12 2007, 07:45 PM, said:

I am in football so i workout every day of the week. when i want to work my legs to do 300+ pound squats "including my own weight" and there are alot of other forms of lifting that i do to build my strength. I am a lineman so im not the fastest when it comes to running. I like to run twice a week but with more that one mile at a time, i usually do three miles. Then 3 times a week i have boxing practice which brings in a very good cardio workout. Im like a machine no one wants to screw with me. well i dont know if that helps me as a dagger but if you want to workout i say rinning "sprints" and other explosive exercises is best for a dagger. O yeah and sorry to break your bubble but boxers have wayyyyyy more endurance then a wrestler man you dont know what your talking about. go against any serious boxer in endurance training and he will beat you.

I must admit, boxers have endurance but you get breaks during your matches. We don't. Especially in freestyle.

wow im surpirsed thst people are still posting on this and that no one is bashing me lol
yeah but its only 30 seconds after 3 minitues of constant punching

#33 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

I think all wrestlers and boxers would pale compared to UFC fighters..
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#34 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Let's just remember that endurance is relative. It depends on what your doing. Pro soccer players have very good endurance, but not on the level of a person who just runs. However, have the runner see how long they can go in a full soccer match when now they have to sprint up and back, fight to win a ball, and then get up after being knocked down. Or better yet, a runner and a boxer. How long is a distance runner going to last in a boxing match? The boxer's training for endurance is for boxing, while a runners for running.

Just thought we should all keep this in mind before it turns into a such and such is better than such and such type of thread.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#35 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

I work out on my wife's Gazelle (I used to jog until she bought the Gazelle one winter, and I pretty much gave up jogging...I don't miss jogging in sub-freezing weather) a few days a week and practice my Krav Maga.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

View PostWarpaint, on Jan 23 2008, 12:04 AM, said:

week and practice my Krav Maga.

Krav is a amazing workout with all the self-defense combo's and fighting aspect we teach it at my martial arts school its one of my favorite classes to teach along with participating in! right now were on the gun defenses again.. a BLAST!
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#37 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:44 AM

I do lunges, lunges, and then I do more lunges.

#38 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

View PostHurricane, on Jan 23 2008, 06:46 AM, said:

View PostWarpaint, on Jan 23 2008, 12:04 AM, said:

week and practice my Krav Maga.

Krav is a amazing workout with all the self-defense combo's and fighting aspect we teach it at my martial arts school its one of my favorite classes to teach along with participating in! right now were on the gun defenses again.. a BLAST!

I really enjoy it, and it feels natural to me. I think they should add a semester of it to high school PE requirements. Good exercise, and simple, practical self-defense.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Post icon  Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

:) i don't play dagger, but in boyscouts we do five mile hikes and 10 mile hikes with 50% of our weight in a backpack, carry stuff in like bricks or sand bags or weightss from the gym, in the end the ten mile hike taks about 8 hours at the most and will cause you to louse maybee 20 pounds worth of water minerals and fat
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#40 User is offline   Jobless Elite 

• is made of Win
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

I alternate running 24 on my treadmill with 30 minutes on my elliptical machine every night.

Keeps me in decent enough shape.

Pump Discussion Thread
Looking for a jungle sunset micromag

#41 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

im un cross country. not really good for sprinting, but you do have good endurance. im also in a lifting class. 5 days a week

#42 User is offline   emblem140 

• Blam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emblem140

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

I run 2 miles everyday.

#43 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Well, carrying a gun always will alter things.

First, get a light gun. A nice Mini or something wouldn't be a bad idea if you wanna move quick...

As far as workouts, I tend to do calisthenics until I want to puke... then do a few more. Situps are great. take a medicine ball, hold it, situp, touch it to your right ankle, back down, touch the ball to your left ankle, back down... I do sets of 20-50 on those. V-crunches are good, too. Sit with feet off the floor, draw your knees to your chest, then straighten your legs, repeat 30-50 times.

Wall sits are awesome. Do 30 sec, min, min 30, 2 min, till you hit 4 or 5 minutes (or, until your legs start shaking hard... this is the fatigue point, as far as you should go usually). Then, do sprints. Jog 150m slowly, then sprint balls-out for 50m, and do 8 of these.

You'll puke the first time, if you do it right, but eventually be running 5 second 40's. Pushups and pullups, too, just to help with your balance. Sets of ten on both, pushups with your hands on (a) medicine ball(s).
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#44 User is offline   SureShot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

Just practice a lot of sprinting, cause that's what you'll be doing!
A sniper practices crawls because he/she crawls so that's how they practice!

Always do exercises that are practicing what you'll be doing in real play. So, if you have to jump over a lot of logs and dodge through trees and brush, then do just that.

#45 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:01 AM

Here ye go boys. The Spartan Workout.
Builds all the muscle you'll need, and a ton of endurance.
Plus, you look amazing.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users