• This topic is locked

Macdev its coming

#1351 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

Well it arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to take any pics of it. Maybe in a few hours...

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#1352 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Aug 27 2008, 05:11 PM, said:

I'll give one last hint about it. It isn't a balanced spool.

-Z3R0

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 29 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

marqs are inline poppets not spools...

he knows that

read up
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#1353 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

Meh, I read the other persons post saying it must be some kind of spool (efficiency comment), and assumed it was.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#1354 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:55 AM

;) You guys are confusing me. Yes, it is a spool. But it is not a balanced spool.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1355 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

Just tell us what it is already!
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#1356 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:41 AM

View PostZ3R0, on Aug 30 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

:P You guys are confusing me. Yes, it is a spool. But it is not a balanced spool.

-Z3R0

i'm guessing since you are in the Mac Dev thread it's a Droid. If not though....then i is unsure... an ion???? :P
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1357 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

Isn't a droid a balanced spool though?
Posted Image
Flickr

#1358 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:28 AM

View PostLegato, on Aug 30 2008, 07:41 AM, said:

View PostZ3R0, on Aug 30 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

:laugh: You guys are confusing me. Yes, it is a spool. But it is not a balanced spool.

-Z3R0

i'm guessing since you are in the Mac Dev thread it's a Droid. If not though....then i is unsure... an ion???? :P

Droids are balanced, so it can't be a Droid. Although I would like to have a Droid.

Anyway it's taking me longer than expected to get some pics so I guess I'll just go ahead and tell you guys... it is an E-Mag. Somebody did already guess that, although I never said it wasn't one - just that I already had a Mag :P. It's got some problems with either the battery or charger though... either the battery isn't holding a charge or the charging kit isn't working right :(.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1359 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well you could've just said it was a mag... You made me think I was wrong!
Posted Image
Flickr

#1360 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

two ways to figure that problem out. A) get a battery from someone else with an Emag and try theirs. (can just buy a new one from Automags.org dealers section, but they are expensive and you don't want to buy one and find out it was the charger), or B ) borrow another Emags charger and see. You can get those new from AGD direct, but another why spend money on it if you don't know it's the cause of the problem.

Do you have them in your possession. When you plug them in, what color does the LED on the charger turn? Did the previous owned use a wall charger instead of the stock car charger? If he did he may have messed up the polarities of it. If you plug in a wall charger (usually an adaptor from Radio Shack) and you reverse the polarities you will fry the charger.

Here is the PM i sent the guy who bought my Emag about it

You can buy a new 'M' tip from Radio shack for a few bucks. When you install it...This is very important... you must face the '+' symbol towards the words 'TIP' on the charging cable. If you put the '-' symbol towards the tip you will invert the charger's polarity and fry it. Then it will be broken and you will need to buy a new one. So make sure '+' faces the word 'TIP' on the charger.

When i installed the tip on mine, i took a black sharpie and made a line from the tip to the charger, so i would always know what way it orientates.

You can buy wall chargers from Radio shack for it for around ~$20-27. They don't carry 1000 mAH chargers, only 1500, but they will work just as well.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1361 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

When I plug it in the charger block shows a red LED which changes to green after a few hours. The E-Mag came with the charger block, a car charger (I'm assuming stock?) and some random wall charger (12V DC 800mA output). I don't see any markings for positive or negative on the charger tip, wall charger (transformer bit) or on the block... ?

-Z3R0

EDIT: The wall charger label says "CUI stack" at the top and the car charger has "MPD" near the end that plugs into the car lighter spot. The car charger does have a little red LED to show if it is receiving any power or not.

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 02 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Posted Image

#1362 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

Well if it is showing red then turning green it is charging properly. It probably is your battery then. Though i am not sure the mA needed for the stock battery. I bought a new one on automags.org dealer section and it was 1000 mA

#1363 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:14 AM

Well even with a wall adapter with lower mA output than stock I should still be getting partial charges, right (unless it still outputs enough to fully charge and stock just over does it)? And the battery still didn't charge when I tried it with the car charger cable. So I guess it is my battery...

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1364 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:03 AM

yep, even if it was lower amp rating it should still get a partial charge. If it doesn't work after charging it for say 2-3 hours after it turns green on the charger then your battery is fried. Or...your board could be bad. Does it even turn on? Or does it just not actuate the noid and won't fire?

#1365 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

The board does turn on and the noid used to actuate, but now there isn't even enough power to actuate the noid. The board still turns on and displays info on it though, although it restarts if I pull the trigger (too much energy drain?). Eventually the screen only shows "AGD" on startup, it doesn't show the "3.2" afterward. And the "Lo Batt" message is reduced to just "Lo." So I guess trying to cycle the noid drains the energy remaining so much it can only power the left side of the screen :angry:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (94 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users