• You cannot reply to this topic

painting your tippmanns whats so cool about it? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

First off what is on the tippmann is not duracoat

Second. I like painting my markers for more steltha nd I also think they look cool. I challange you to look at a profsional job from someone like Micah/Big Bone and a standard black as say that the Duracoated marker loos worse than balck.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#17 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

swamp, i already said i like the black better then anything else because i like my guns to look at least a little real and not like a painted watergun and um yes it is duracoat on the tippmanns.

#18 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:35 PM

Real weapons can and are coated in camo patterns, buddy. Your standard issue weaponry won't have much due to cost issues, but special forces units, police and others use it extensively. Weapons are being designed to have interchangeable composite shells with different camo schemes on them as we speak as well. So I don't see how putting camo on a marker will make it look 'unreal'. It's common sense and it's been a battlefield perk for ages.

If you don't like camo patterns on paintball guns for whatever weird reason, then your entitled to your own opinion. Just keep it that way. No sense at all in bashing other people for camouflaging their markers up.

Either way it narrows down to your application and implementation of camo. You can be all ghillied up but stick out like a soar thumb if you don't know how to use it. Bottom line, giving your marker a good scheme is an advantage.

This post has been edited by Firemarine: 11 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

• 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#19 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:21 AM

I like the normal black look. Now, I've seen 1 or 2 jobs I liked, but if you change stocks, barrels, hoppers, or anything else, the paint won't match and it will look like crap. It also destroys the price if you plan on selling unless you find a buyer that REALLY likes the paint.

View Postpaintedcamo, on Nov 10 2007, 12:02 PM, said:

View Postbumpnrunone, on Nov 9 2007, 07:19 PM, said:

i dont get. people take a great looking gun and put a paint job on it like tiger stripes or digi camo and then it looks like crap. why dont people just leave their guns alone . ive never seen a paint job on a tippy that looked better then the stock mil-sim duracoat black. your taking a beautiful and expensive gun and destroying its good looks. but then again its performance that really matters. anyway, i just dont get it.

I agree that they are pretty much wrecking a good gun but some players just want to be all comoflauge to improve their game

The camo would work a lot better if they really knew what they were doing. Painting your gun camo is not going to help you if you are always moving, shooting, and yelling. Now if you paint it to match the setting, and have a complete ghillie to match, and know how to sneak, crawl, wait, and shoot.. You will be one of if not the best player there.

This post has been edited by SpudCrushr: 13 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:27 AM

View Postbumpnrunone, on Nov 10 2007, 06:46 PM, said:

swamp, i already said i like the black better then anything else because i like my guns to look at least a little real and not like a painted watergun and um yes it is duracoat on the tippmanns.

o.0 You don't know what you're talking about, do you... I bet if you saw this gun on a paintball field (if it was a paintball marker) you would think it looks like fake crap.. But I bet you that guy could hit a guy from a LONG ways away with that gun. I also can tell you that that camo paint job makes the gun blend in MUCH better than normal black.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

Your right, but he is also in a desert though where black stands out quite a bit compared to the deep greens or browns of a forest.

A marker painted to match your environment will definitely help, but in a lot of cases it isn't necessary.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#22 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'll admit an all black gun can look very nice and clean. However it will probably also be the reason you get shot while hiding in a bush.

#23 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

I don't see how there is an argument about this. Properly implemented camo will help you. It's as simple as that.

As I said before, if you know what you are doing, using camo sticks to color up your marker works great. You can also change the scheme when needed to match environments rather quickly. Nothing you'd want to do in the middle of a walk on game, obviously, but it helps.

This post has been edited by Firemarine: 14 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

• 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#24 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

Alot of people do it just to stand out. Tippmans are (arguably) the most popular marker out there. There is nothing wrong with being different.

#25 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

Well, if your tippmann's are like mine, they are moded, and have a mix of shiny & flat painted parts. I agree that a Tippmann looks good with the black powder coat, I don't like the reflection cast out but my, cough, tippmann werks barrel, cough, cough.

I am in the process of painting my gun. Hopefully it works out.
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#26 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

I personally love the look of Camo, and once I finish upgrade my gun, and modding everything that I want to mod, I'll be giving it a nice digital woodland-ish paintjob. I'm thinking that I'll keep the magazine, and barrel black though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users