• You cannot reply to this topic

Very quickly I need some stuff for a report. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

inertia is the measure of how hard it is to change the velocity of an object, so a higher inertia may not mean more speed, but it does mean less acceleration

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#17 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

The work, proving that at the same velocity, a reball will have less kenetic energy than a paintball, thus making it not hurt as much. Than why do you have to turn the velocity down when playing at a reball field?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Matt: 08 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

#18 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

View PostMatt, on Nov 8 2007, 09:01 PM, said:

The work, proving that at the same velocity, a reball will have less kenetic energy than a paintball, thus making it not hurt as much. Than why do you have to turn the velocity down when playing at a reball field?

Posted Image

Muchos Gracias. I finished everything but the theories part of the project, and this just saved my butt, and don't worry. The credit will be given to you.

Thanks!

#19 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Sweet.

I just learned from someone on pbn though, that that would be the case if the paintball bounces. Because when it breaks, the force dipates alot more compared to the reball bouncing off, and not breaking..

#20 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

View PostMatt, on Nov 8 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

Sweet.

I just learned from someone on pbn though, that that would be the case if the paintball bounces. Because when it breaks, the force dipates alot more compared to the reball bouncing off, and not breaking..

Ahhh whatever.

It's not like the teacher knows anything about paintball right?

Hopefully?

#21 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

she/he probably doesnt know anything :/

#22 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

View Postthebostinian, on Nov 8 2007, 06:48 PM, said:

this is more for teddy k's comment...

the reason reballs hurt more than regular paintballs is because they undergo a greater momentum change during impact, because they bounce. if positive velocity is towards the target, then a regular paintball winds up attached to the target, with a final velocity of zero. the reball bounces back towards the shooter, giving it negative velocity, so its change in velocity is greater if fired at the same initial speed. since momentum is defined as p=mv, and change in momentum (for sake of argument, /\=delta), /\p=m*/\v. the greater the change in velocity, the greater the change in momentum. and since momentum is conserved in a system, whatever change in momentum the reball has is balanced by the change in momentum to the target. greater /\p means it hurts more.

.. and the energy disapation of the paintball splatting (like a F1 car into the wall) .. and the reball weighs half that of a paintball.. and and and and and and and ... i've been shot by both repeatedly (jeans, bare skin you name it), reballs don't hurt anymore than normal .. it's all psychological .. seriously.

i have some reballs and a chrony but i dont have 0.684 paint to compare, only got nelsplats which are .690..

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#23 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Tots you should of asked me. I have my dads radar gun, reballs, and paintballs lol.

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users