MA! damn it!

Best not go through.

#17 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

they try every three months to ban paintball/squirt/cap guns from illinois. my state is the worst. horrible taxes. corruption. the works.

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#18 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Nov 8 2007, 08:24 PM, said:

they try every three months to ban paintball/squirt/cap guns from illinois. my state is the worst. horrible taxes. corruption. the works.

-THE MENACE

Squirt guns and cap guns? I get those from the dollar store down the block all the time. I can see why they want to regulate paintball but they shouldn't, and what harm does a Super Soaker do? And how about cap guns? There is no projectile ivolved with firing a cap gun, just a POP and some smoke.
Sabre #166

#19 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• Resident Lurker, Always Watching Never Present
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Deus_wolf

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

View Postdeltaboy, on Nov 8 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

-THE MENACE

Squirt guns and cap guns? I get those from the dollar store down the block all the time. I can see why they want to regulate paintball but they shouldn't, and what harm does a Super Soaker do? And how about cap guns? There is no projectile ivolved with firing a cap gun, just a POP and some smoke.

It's the realism they don't like not the projectile part. Its also because they think that a child pretending to kill someone isn't really a big step from a child firing a REAL gun. The Military concentrates a lot of training on getting people to shoot at "human like" targets so that when they come to the real thing it isn't as big a deal. If every time a child has a "gun" in his hand and he see someone he shoots, give the kid a real gun and "Playtime Instincts" will come in and he will shoot. Thats why high school shooters run out of bullets faster than they expect. In halo your Assault rifle has 60 rounds, in real life it has max thirty and it takes one bullet not an entire clip to kill someone.

Soccer moms may hate video games for silly reasons but some people see that some people(cause its not just kids anymore) are receiving basic training in shooting someone. It's not the games that make the kids want to do it but it's the games that make the kid GOOD at it.

Please don't flame I'm just trying to show the other side of the argument. Devils advocate.

Thanks
Deus_wolf

This post has been edited by Deus_Wolf: 08 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

Playing THE Game with Honesty, Integrity and Determination since 2000

#20 User is offline   RaginCajun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheRaginCajun

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:43 PM

View PostDeus_Wolf, on Nov 8 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

View Postdeltaboy, on Nov 8 2007, 06:44 PM, said:

-THE MENACE

It's the realism they don't like not the projectile part. Its also because they think that a child pretending to kill someone isn't really a big step from a child firing a REAL gun. The Military concentrates a lot of training on getting people to shoot at "human like" targets so that when they come to the real thing it isn't as big a deal. If every time a child has a "gun" in his hand and he see someone he shoots, give the kid a real gun and "Playtime Instincts" will come in and he will shoot. Thats why high school shooters run out of bullets faster than they expect. In halo your Assault rifle has 60 rounds, in real life it has max thirty and it takes one bullet not an entire clip to kill someone.

Soccer moms may hate video games for silly reasons but some people see that some people(cause its not just kids anymore) are receiving basic training in shooting someone. It's not the games that make the kids want to do it but it's the games that make the kid GOOD at it.

Please don't flame I'm just trying to show the other side of the argument. Devils advocate.

Thanks
Deus_wolf

Well that's definitely something i had thought about before, you know, "if you want a good tactical army that can work as a real team and do some real damage, put some of the best halo players out there, let them get organized for a short bit, give them a map of the area, and hell, their teamwork would be killer on the field" of course, that's a slight stretch, but the point is there, i wish more people would think like you Deus_wolf, how it's not the video games making the problem, it's video games that help the problem, which is in no way meant to denounce video games, i play them on a regular basis, but i can very easily see Deus_wolf's point as opposed to the point "video games make kids want to shoot people! yargh! ban video games!"

i will still happily play halo 3 and not kill anyone though, thank you :laugh:
Charging alone takes uncommon daring or uncommon stupidity. Or both.

#21 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

they banning PB in MA? hell with that. we can't let that happen.

#22 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:29 AM

If war were like Team Fortress 2 I'd be volunteering right now. :laugh:

#23 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Nov 8 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

-THE MENACE

try living in NJ, were u practicly need a criminal backround check to by a water gun.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#24 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:41 AM

Contact the station. They know people are excited about seeing themselves on TV and they will get you a copy of your segment on DVD. When you get it, you might send them a letter thanking them and offer your appreciation for their willingness to present your perspective on an issue you feel strongly about.

Keep it simple, keep it polite and I assure you that if the issue continues to be newsworthy and you came off as "intelligent" you will hear from them again on paintball issues. They keep records of people they can go to for topical opinions.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#25 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 9 2007, 01:51 AM, said:

They want to make the age of playing to 18, or have adult supervision. So it doesn't really change things that much, unless you play outlaw, but they started bashing paintball (like Fox ever does stuff like that :P ) and I felt I had to respond.

#26 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Thats so BOINKing dumb

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#27 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:31 PM

Not to start off any hot topics but if Hillary is elected we all will have to worry about more than just paintball being banned. LONG LIVE GUNS!!! :)
-Ty :ghillie:

#28 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

do you have a link to it so i dont have to look for it myself?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#29 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:11 AM

View PostTots, on Nov 9 2007, 01:03 PM, said:

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 9 2007, 01:51 AM, said:

They want to make the age of playing to 18, or have adult supervision. So it doesn't really change things that much, unless you play outlaw, but they started bashing paintball (like Fox ever does stuff like that :P ) and I felt I had to respond.

Sorry to necro.

But this is something I have a serious problem with and its still fairly recent becuase i saw the post like a week ago. I/m almost 19 and never outlaw ballsaw these rules would effect me. Outlaw ball technically can be dangererous, but isn't any sport dangerous when played outlaw? I know a ton more people who got hurt playing other backyard sports. I have never met someone hurt in a outlaw paintball game. What about full tackle football in the back yard? there is no pads involved in that. Backyard boxing? do i need to say more? BMX in homemade dirt coarses? I know I have recieved several injuries doing this. I could go on and on. Paintball is actually the only sport I've noticed that actually uses safety gear when playing outlaw.

And about the little kids, they are having a blast. I woulda loved to have been playing at there age. They ain't hurting anything. Not to mention it teaches basic fire arms safety (except for shooting people), but still. Why not ban laser tag? your shooting people. Almost 0 regulation what so ever even in real laser tags arenas. Out of both times I went with my friends I almost got into a fist fight. I've never tackled someone in paintball ready to beat them down...

Official paintball is very safe I would say. There refs everywhere. Things go smooth.

I think we need to right some letters or something. I dont know who to send them too. News stations or something?
Would an online petition do anything? I know they dont mean anything, but It would show People don't like the new laws.

If the politicians went paintballing with thier kids just once they wouldnt be doing this...

#30 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

this is why you need Tivo mah boooooiiiiiiiii
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +