• You cannot reply to this topic

Spyder MR-1 Review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Breelord1708 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:T METAL

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys. To get right to it, I bought the MR-1 on Monday of this week. I was looking for a new marker to replace my Spyder Extra. I was amazed by the good price. I got home and opened the package and noticed the usual paintball marker accessories including two Allen wrenches/hex keys which is a definite plus. I then put the full stock into the back and screwed it in. Great fit, for a little bit, after a little while you have to re tighten it, no biggie. The next thing I went outside and put in a fresh 20 oz. and fired off about 50 rounds. Great feel and accuracy. At about 50c feet I was hitting a tree 9/10 times. Today I went out and finished off another 20 oz so that I could refill it before my game on Friday. I decided to run around a bit and fire while running. I hit what I was aiming at 7/10 times. Not bad. The only thing I don't like about this gun is the fact it has no iron sights. The rail is nice, though I haven't tried mounting anything yet. I guess that's why there are no iron sights. I think this gun is made to be customized completely for a players own taste. Saturday I am playing a woodsball game(the only good kind in my opinion) and I will tell ya'll how well it performed out in the field.

Cheers
Taylor

UPDATE

Alright, so today I got to test out my MR 1 in a real game. No chopping, breaks, mis-feeds, leaks, etc. This gun is rock solid. I was getting kills all day from 20 feet to 75 feet. The only gripe is the lacking of iron sights, I think I may buy an inexpensive red dot to put on the rail. Also, I would highly suggest buying a remote feed for this, that will be my next purchase(it's kinda awkward having a full stock and then your CO2 tank right under it, but that didn't interfere with accuracy at all today). And the barrel is rather nice for a stock barrel.

This post has been edited by Breelord1708: 03 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

IF WE CAN'T DO IT... IT DOESNT NEED TO BE DONE!!!

#2 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

You got a pretty durable unit there. Not as fully customizable as you infer, but easy to use and maintain. Tempe Paintball uses them as their rental so I am pretty familiar with them.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#3 User is offline   woodsball_maniac_437 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:2-B Marine

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

iv had my mr1 for a little over a year now its still in good condition but its not as great as i thought it would be. its heavy with just a empty hopper on it, if you get it you definitley need a remote and switch to HPA, its a air hog...
of course it has a 18 inch barrel on it.

This post has been edited by woodsball_maniac_437: 05 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

#4 User is offline   element4280 

• A girl paintball player(yeah you read that right)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:element4280

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

Something is wrong with the gun that I got from a friend for free so I have been using his brothers extra gun--the Spyder MR-1. I like it, its pretty accurate but like the person before me said it's a bit heavy. I have been looking for a new marker for myself and I have been thinking about the mr2 or maybe the mr3. What is the difference between all the MR series markers?

This post has been edited by element4280: 17 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

IPB Image
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#5 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

To Element, all the MR series markers are exactly the same inside except for the antichop eyes. And really, you don't need to upgrade. Just grab a Rocking trigger and a ACS bolt and keep on rocking. (mine kept me paintballing for 2 and a half years). -That's if you want to buy it from them. I loved my MR-1, just not as much as my Automag. :P

I am PayPal Verified.

#6 User is offline   element4280 

• A girl paintball player(yeah you read that right)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:element4280

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

thank a ton! and like you said keep on rockin :D !!
IPB Image
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#7 User is offline   screename347 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:screename347

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

This marker is ok to use, especially for the price. It hasn't jammed on me and shoots pretty consistent. My only complaint is that after a year of putting on a big 20oz CO2 tank the screws on the bottom of the handle keep falling off. It looks like the threads stripped in there. I'm sure if you use the remove coil you won't have this problem though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users