• You cannot reply to this topic

DMW! Dead man's walk. Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   One_shot_one_kill 

• I see you, you die!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hola

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

SOmeone did that at a game i was at and he got like 5 people out untill he ran into the next group of players
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image, INCLUDES blank lines

#47 User is offline   Thorax 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

I've done the "Casual Walk" that you guys named...But I use it more as an intimidating tactic. I dont really walk towards the enemy, but walk around the front line in certain parts of the fields I play at because I know they cant hit me. Showing no fear of getting hit kinda messe with the other teams head.

The DMW is a low tactic and IMO shows you cant eliminate me any other way. At my field its technicly legal as long as there hands stay down and they dont have a BBD.

When I ref if they throw there hands up I call them out. So if someone tries the DMW like that I its not allowed.

#48 User is offline   Ghoulscout 

• dont make me destroy you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghoulscout

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Oct 28 2007, 10:02 PM, said:

There's been a number of topics on this in the past in the General Paintball Discussions. The overall consensus is, yes, it's legal and not cheating unless stated otherwise, BUT you shouldn't do it except in rare circumstances because it undermines player honor. People don't play as nice or grant as many courtesies to their fellow players when there's the very real likelihood that they will pull something like this.

When it's okay: Major scenarios that have a "total war" mentality. Some scenarios are more "friendly" or set in stone than others. An example of a total war scenario are BlackCat's games: if you come up with a great idea for how to do something that wasn't originally in the script or a possibility they didn't consider, there's a VERY good chance they'll write up rules to make it playable on the spot. It's a situation where player innovation and non-standard tactics are encouraged. There is no honor lost because it's part of the game. You are expected to do anything you can within the rules to win.

When it's not okay: Just about anywhere else. Rec games, or scenarios with a more friendly and fixed atmosphere. It's not a good thing to do, to prey on peoples' trust in a game that so firmly depends on it.

good points

lets put it this way, youll probley get the first DMW on me, but after that if i see you in the woods with no bag on your barrel im asumming your doing it again and your gonna get LIT UP!!
pain is an illusion of the body, dispair is an illusion of the mind!

feed back SO (+4/-0) Pbnation(+2/-0)
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=129545

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1...13%27s+feedback

#49 User is offline   BlackLight Z 

• Fast Mover Tactical Shooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLC_Zone

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

its not cheating, but its for people who lack the skill to play otherwise. I've never seen a good, standup player use this tactic...period. The people who rely on tactics such as these, develop a bad name for themselves and their teams.

personally I think it should be banned because it takes advantage of a players, 1)inexperience, 2)observance of general safety rules, and 3)fairplay.
it also can grey the lines of who is dead and who isn't which can and does result in overshooting, or shooting someone who is actually is dead and isnt paying attention. Results in hotheads.

had an experince in the last Fledgling game at agate I went to where I guy that wasn't shot but the rest of his team was, walked by with the rest of his team, marker in the air, and then returned on our six firing. when we confronted him, his reasoning was he hadn't put his barrel bag on even though his gun was in the air. Ridiculous & talentless. Play straight up, or dont play!!!
Z aka Zone
BlackLight Company Member
There's no charge for awesomeness!!!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users