• You cannot reply to this topic

DMW! Dead man's walk. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   piccardalpha3 

• dragonzord pwns
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:piccardalpha3

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

i think taht if you a well known for this tactic you just need to expect to be bonus balled every now and then it isn't cheating but it is lame to do

#32 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

If someone does do it - they shoulden't complain if they're shot when they really are out.

Barrel Plug in = your out weather you actually are or not. A nice bright orange BBD is the best way to ensure your not shot when your out.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#33 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:55 AM

View PostPiller, on Nov 11 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

If someone does do it - they shoulden't complain if they're shot when they really are out.

Barrel Plug in = your out weather you actually are or not. A nice bright orange BBD is the best way to ensure your not shot when your out.

Unfortunatly, most of us don't have them, but we do de-cock and de-gas our guns instead.

#34 Guest_dead man rcpc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Nov 11 2007, 02:55 AM, said:

View PostPiller, on Nov 11 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

Unfortunatly, most of us don't have them, but we do de-cock and de-gas our guns instead.

Playing without a bbd is just not safe. As for deadman walks go I barrelled taged 8 people at the last game I was at and got with in two steps to blowing their base but their general who's a freind spotted me. I took out their cannon and his gaurds. Including one player with a dt. It is amazing how people just don't pay attention. If you marker is not up in the air or have a bbd on your fair game. I have also done one using my dt. Afterwards the opforce was not happy and I explained that I had given then ample time and clues that i was not out. #1 no bbd #2 deadman don't talk I talked all the way down the hill and past them. #3 marker was down and not up in the air. If I see some one trying to pull one off I will ask if they are out and count to three if they don't respond I shoot them. Most people that do this move expect to get lit up. I will tell my team that I am going to go lit up and they know what I am up to. I hate leaving the field when I am low on paint or air so I will try to do something to help my side and get shot out. I have stood out in the open to get the atention of the otherside so my team can flank them.

#35 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

I think he was referring to not having a bright orange BBD. He doubtlessly has a BBD, but not one that's bright orange and easily visible.

When we do nightime base security at BlackCat games, you always have to be wary of people sneaking in. It's instant resurrection, as well, so any dead players can just tag the base to respawn. The rule is simple: call yourself dead when coming into the base. You'll normally get one warning before the whole darn base opens fire. Of course, if I see someone coming in with no flashlight, not announcing themselves, and trying to be quiet, I'll either barrel tag them when they walk past me or I'll shoot them once with my pump.

It only gets REALLY annoying when they try to tell the guy who's coordinating their own base security to call out every minute. I have a very distinctive voice, and there's flat out no way they're going to mistake me for anyone else.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#36 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

View PostJackRock, on Oct 28 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

I don't think it's cheating. I believe it is simply capitalizing on the other team's apathy or lack of observation.

However, if the gun goes over the players head, OR they say "hit" or "out", then it is no longer a valid tactic. On many fields, if the barrel sock is in place over the muzzle of the marker, then the player has effectively called themselves out.

lol

at the Battleground Time game out at Agate, i spotted about 5-6 of your prescious red army trotting around the lake with their guns IN THE AIR so i figured "oh they're out" then what happens... they bunker down and start shooting at our position... nothing a referee can't fix! lol

they all walked to the deadhut with a warning... does that count as "kills" on my brigade page LOL jkjkjk

yeah you have to do it PROPERLY... gun above head= "I AM OUT" or raising a hand under fire and yelling HIT!!!! is generally saying IM OUT! also the barrel sock means you are NOT a live player

rules for the dead man walk:
1. gun must be below shoulders
2. no barrel blocking device in
3. no saying or signifying that you are out,
4. you must walk with hands down or heck if you want on your gun but don't cheat

This post has been edited by alexspawn3000: 13 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#37 User is offline   Nameless Wonder 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Nameless Wonder

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

I did a similar thing at a scenario my team went to this past season. The Op4's base was on flat ground, with a steep cliff on two side of it. Its other sides were the tapeline and property line. A mass reinsert of the enemy base was happening, with two groups of 10 people coming in. I and another team member were dug into the ravine, when all of a sudden I sprint out of the woods and walk next to the enemy troops. They're all talking about the reinsert, as it was a hot reinsert. I give my $.02 on the subject with a smile as I walked to the nearby structures, telling the enemy troops and refs that I had just destroyed their closest buildings.

"Wait...so we're not in, and he can just destroy our base and stuff? And we can't do anything to stop him?"
"Yeah, that's the basics of it."

Two minutes later, the hot reinsert didn't end as well as they had expected. 90% of their forces were shot out of the gate with nowhere to go. Can't say I feel bad about it, really.
Posted Image
"Humans were made to fart around on this planet, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Scientology is a cult. Suck it.

#38 Guest_dead man rcpc_*

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 11 2007, 09:53 PM, said:

I think he was referring to not having a bright orange BBD. He doubtlessly has a BBD, but not one that's bright orange and easily visible.

If he had one then why is he de-cocking and de-gasing his marker instead? :aah:

#39 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

When and where I play, if you are in the DMW, you are officially out no matter what. Even if you haven't been hit. It makes it stupid to pull off such a thing.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#40 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

View Postdead man rcpc, on Nov 14 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 11 2007, 09:53 PM, said:

If he had one then why is he de-cocking and de-gasing his marker instead? :aah:

You got it, most of us don't have them, BBD's don't like to easily fit out guns with large shrouds and dishka's. Hopefully the barrel condom's I ordered will fit though.

#41 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

Get a Flatline barrel condom. It will fit. Don't play without one.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#42 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

I have nothing against the DMW, provided they do not have their gun held above their head (a universal "out" sign), they do not have a BBD on (another "out" sign), and they do not use the words "dead," "out," "hit," etc.

If a player does any of those things, they are declaring themselves "out" and it would be playing on to continue play.

Typically, I'll look for any of the universal signs. If I don't see any, I'll usually yell one warning. If they fail to respond (or respond in a hostile way), I'll shoot.
Member of Team Akkadian

#43 User is offline   Broad-Sabre 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:N/A

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

Depends.
If you place your hands above your head, put your barrel sock on, or say "Hit", "out", or anything like that, that's against the rules.
A nice tricky tactic is to let your gun hang in front of you by its sling to seem inconspicuous. Some players assume if your hands aren't on your gun, you're out.
That's my viewpoint.

#44 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

View PostThalion, on Nov 15 2007, 02:35 PM, said:

I have nothing against the DMW, provided they do not have their gun held above their head (a universal "out" sign), they do not have a BBD on (another "out" sign), and they do not use the words "dead," "out," "hit," etc.

If a player does any of those things, they are declaring themselves "out" and it would be playing on to continue play.

Typically, I'll look for any of the universal signs. If I don't see any, I'll usually yell one warning. If they fail to respond (or respond in a hostile way), I'll shoot.

The absolute DIRTIEST tactic I've seen done was by a player who used the callsign Hit. "I'm Hit! I'm Hit! I'm Hit!" Then he shot them. Oh man, that was awful. Hilarious, but awful.

#45 Guest_Tessaract_*

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:29 PM

i did intend to make a post on this but since there allredy is one ill go ahead and post here

first i dont like the term DMW, your a live player walking.(and i say player since women play too <.<) if your actualy dead and shoot someone thats against the rules

but what rule says i have to run to cover, duck behind bunkers and make tactical moves?

i did a DMW today, didnt quite earn a friendship (though after talking with the player hopefully everything is cool)

gun was down, no visible signs i was out nor any hostile actions just strolled right up on him and shot him when he deemed i was out

the debate between us is if its dishonorable or deceitful.

but when you think about it, isnt paintball tactics itself deceits, waiting for the enemy to walk move past and shoot em, or sending out some bait to lure ppl into an ambush?

never have had anyone do a DMW on me though did have someone walking twords respawn with no visible "out" signs so shot him. he agreed if he was in my position he would do the same.

i personaly think its a good tactic that isnt dishonorable or anything and if your truly dead and dont want to be shot. raise your dang marker!

id love to hear more opinions on this. so please continue this thread -Dawn

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users