Special Ops Paintball: I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't hit himm... Give me your gun! A tactic that I use frequently. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

View PostFiremarine, on Nov 14 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

I never let anyone but me use my marker, and I make a note to carry a short and long barrel in case I need more range or a shorter barrel in confined areas. If someone needs my expertise, I do it myself. Same unto others.

BTW, this is not an allowable practice on most fields. Changing your barrel will change the velocity of the paint coming out of the gun. This can lead to you increasing the velocity over the field limit. Now if you play outlaw ball and there aren't any on field chronos you may get away with it.

#32 User is offline   Jarhead75 

• BORN TO KILL
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

nobody ever touches my gun except me i dont trust people
Eastern Brigade-Virginia

#33 User is offline   washburn647 

• The Red Dawn Rises!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Washburn647

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

I used this last game. I stumbled upon a highly noobish player who tried to hide by kneeling in light brush at the bank of a river. I killed him, but then the one enemy left opened up on me and my other 2 teammates. we scattered, and if I walked into the river I could get a shot. However, it was about 20 feet and I was striking out with my flatline. In the interest of not wasting paint, I took his Spyder MR1 and shot the enemy in the back of the head. The velocity was really high though, and I felt bad about it... not taking the gun, but that velocity was HIGH.

This post has been edited by washburn647: 17 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

#34 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

I carry my Apex barrel in a leg pouch and chrono with my Smart Parts 14" All American. If anything, the velocity will drop with the Apex as it would with the Flatline. When I have more time, I may actually test this and see if there is a drop so that I can document it.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#35 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

My brother and I do something fairly similar. When there is an objective or prop to grab, a smoke grenade to toss back, or a flag to raise, he slings his podpack over my shoulder and hands off his A-5 to me, since he is the faster runner. I hand him my pistol, and he takes off running, with me duouble fisting e-griped flatlined A-5s like a madman after him.

It works so often, it's scary. Plus it looks cool as hell.

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 18 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#36 User is offline   Helmi_17 

• You know the music...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Helmi_17

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

Well I've done something similar... I was bunkered in with a buddy and we were outnumbered. I got outed with a lucky ball so I left my full auto A-5 sitting in the bunker so he could have the extra firepower.

He decided to dual wield it with his own marker...

He got shot too. :D
...Time to dance!

#37 User is offline   Sniper Jedi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sniper Jedi

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

A buddy and me were the last two on our team, sharing a bunker. Problem is, his gun quit on him! We continuously swaped guns to appear as strong as ever. We were still taken out, but I believe this bought us time that might swing a battle in some other battle.

#38 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

I have never tryed this. To tell you the truth i cant really see why you would but if it works for you cool... And i may just try it sometime

Tippman owners group #35

#39 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

This seems unnecessary. If you and your buddy are close enough to where you can use the marker that is attached to him by remote coil, he is more than capable of lobbing shots into a pill box.

**Edited for niceness.

This post has been edited by Sheriff Matt: 31 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

#40 User is offline   Fashion assasin 

• rock me Amadeus^ OMG! i have 2 blockies!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fashion assasin

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

i would just switch , but in all its a neat tactic.

I have 20% warn , im such a rebel!

#41 User is offline   BRUTEFORCE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BRUTEFORCE386

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Well, if thats what works for you... then by all means do it.

What I would do though is to have the flatline lay supressing fire while the other swings wide out of the 20ft rule and pops them. or, you could come right over the top and hop in there with them and get two barrel tags. :)

#42 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

was going to, but halfway through the switch we got rushed, i shot the guy about 6 times before he shot us, but he just played on

we just took it and went out, told the ref to check his knee, he forgot to wipe that one >:P

edit# we codn't switch around for him to take the shot as he was already laying down to avoid being hit (i'm slightly taller so i got the bigger part of the bunker)

This post has been edited by dogstile: 12 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#43 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• Watcher is my call-handle
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Watcher, Dragon Army

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

I carry a spare 9oz co2 in my vest, I've lent that out to a bud but only my marker once and that was playing outlaw with only a few friends. Besides, it is remoted to my vest.

I have swapped gear on a sprint. I pulled my vest off and handed it to a friend's brother with a stock 98, he put the vest on and grabbed my 98. For the record, my vest fully loaded (6 140pods, 1 20oz co2, 19oz co2, a grenade, walkie, 12 grams, barrel-sock, squeegee, magpouch, canteen, pistol, other little do-dads) weighs about 15-18lbs, plus the marker and remote. I would have just taken my Delta, but I needed to give myself cover fire and 10rnds wouldn't cut it.
I did a flag sprint, and right when I grabbed it I was shot at. A few seconds later the firing stopped and all I heard was yelling. Turns out, my 2 buds (one with an a-5, the other with my 98) both shot the same guy at the same time in the same place: the neck!

He later commented on how accurate my 98 was :ghillie:

I wouldn't lend my gear out on any regulation field. For one, the fileds are too big if gear is lost and two, I am generally distrusting of others.

This post has been edited by Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher: 23 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#44 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 20 2007, 10:21 AM, said:

Ive never done that, but then again...the games I go to are so Intense that no one is willing to share their marker and both sides arent that far from each other during a Heavy Fire Fight.

Or maybe he is just 16 and over exaggerating... or trying to sound cool... or maybe I am going to go to bed.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users