#46 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostFSHS Phil, on Dec 29 2007, 01:15 PM, said:

View PostCatharsisEGR, on Dec 23 2007, 09:05 PM, said:

So yeah.. Gonna check out Bear Creek.. It would be nice if people showed up there regularly as I could switch to going there even though it's probably a good 30 min more of a drive for me..

how is Bear Creek? I have wanted to go there for a wile, but I never have.

We'll see about Bear Creek tomorrow. Hopefully Stuntman and Senior Cadillac make it... I'll have my helmet cam going, but still don't have audio worked out.

Just got back from PBJ today.. Reasonably nice Saturday; fun to hang with some new friends that got me out there today. All 3 of them are going to the TAW game and they are going to love that. I bought a case of chronic at PBJ and it was horrible (buyer beware). 4-5 breaks in the barrel (I'm sure the electro folks would be breaking constantly) and the fill was thick so even after giving it a quick run through accuracy went all to hell despite the barrel looking clean. At least they were cool enough to switch out 2 bags for the other paint they have there that I haven't tried, so my last game was the best..

#47 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

I give two thumbs up for Bear Creek. The field isn't large, but it lends itself to several fun game types. I really liked the attack and defend series where the defenders had the top ridge to hold and attackers (that can reincarnate) are tasked with taking the ridge. I was planning on getting some video, but due to the hectic situation I ditched this effort as I had qloader issues which started in the first game as I was using paint from PBJ the previous day. I'll have to verify the name of the paint, but it was brittle and caused a ball to break right at the pod mouth not even before I finished my 1st pod / which flowed all the way through the feed tube, longbow attachment and out the barrel. Boo.. Complete tear down and cleaning missing 2 games. The games at Bear Creek are roughly 10 minutes long with a 5 to 10 minute break between a set of two. Needless to say I dumped that paint. I got the pod cleaned as well only to switch to ink'd from PBJ stash and continued to have balls break in the qloader pods. So, two pods were down and I didn't have time to clean them as I didn't want to miss anymore games. This made things interesting especially in the attack/defend game where I was down to about 50 rounds against the reincarnated attackers, but we held on to win. I can't say ink'd is going to work for me, so now PBJ doesn't offer any paint I want.. Boo.. As far as cost effective paint goes a fresh case of Karnage Tear picked up from the Bump proshop in Millbrae is about the only thing that has worked near flawless with my setup. If I can find a source for marbs locally or find some way of getting them shipped in good shape I think those would do quite well in my setup from all that I've heard/read..

Back to Bear Creek though.. The terrain is interesting. There is one field on a slope with multiple terrace levels in general. Games are played side to side or from bottom to top of the hill. There isn't too much natural cover as it is more bunker oriented. The games are fast, but in some situations I wished a strict time limit was not used adhered to as a game that might come to full conclusion naturally in 12 minutes is forced a bit with it ending in 10. Set time limits work great for attack/defend, but there were some other games that I wanted to play a minute or two longer as they were just getting good in terms of field strategy and movement.

It was great to meet up with Stuntman and Cadillac, but also some folks from Lockdown were there (Devilman) and a few others.

The only problem with Bear Creek is that you never know who might show up, so if 15 people don't show up then there is no PB that day and you drive home. That is the one of the good things about Paintball Jungle is that usually there are people there. Even on Saturday with heavy overcast and some light drizzle a good number showed up. I'll be going back to Bear Creek again though for sure..

#48 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

^^^ Yes, overall a good day. Nice to finally meet you in person...
I had some minor paint issues myself, but I blame them mostly on the damp weather & the fact that I had not done a thorough cleaning after the last time I played a month ago. Oops...my bad.
Bear Creek isnt perfect, but its a fun field to play. Yeah, the attack/defend games were cool, especially as the defenders. Since attackers were re-spawning, it made for a hefty body count for the round - I picked off 8 from the ridge, and was taken out 3 times as an attacker. Ahhh, good times!

#49 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!

Mr.Cadillac is getting old.... :(

#50 User is offline   Wolf Scout 

• Wolf Scout
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wolf Scout

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

So when is the next time every one is getting together at Bear Creek? Also, how's TAG? I haven't been there since they moved from Watsonville.

This post has been edited by Wolf Scout: 18 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

#51 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

Anyone up for Jungle on Sunday? As long as the weather isn't too bad, I'll be there and I'll have a friend that's new to the sport.

It's up on the Game Locator so opt in if you can/want.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#52 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

View Postleft handed, on Jan 24 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

Anyone up for Jungle on Sunday? As long as the weather isn't too bad, I'll be there and I'll have a friend that's new to the sport.

It's up on the Game Locator so opt in if you can/want.

Dont like to be the Bearer of Bad News, but dont get your hopes too high man, the way weather has been for a week, it'll most likely rain on that day as well, but then again...we all live in Nor Cal and the weather is so unpredictable.

#53 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Yea, I'll probably go if my friend doesn't bail on me, if he does, I'm out of a ride and no paintball for probably another month.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#54 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

Well, if it does rain tomorrow, I'm gonna go to Vallejo Indoor Paintball at the solano county fairgrounds.

Feedback!

#55 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Self Medicated

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:15 PM

Anybody heading to VIP or Sherwood on Saturday the 15th? I haven't met anybody from SpecOps yet and I get to try out my Prostock pump for the first time.

#56 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

View PostSelf Medicated, on Feb 9 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

Anybody heading to VIP or Sherwood on Saturday the 15th? I haven't met anybody from SpecOps yet and I get to try out my Prostock pump for the first time.

Thats in March right, because Valentine's day is on a Thursday.

#57 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 9 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

Oops, sorry. I meant the 16th. That's next Saturday.

#58 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

View PostSelf Medicated, on Feb 9 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 9 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

Oops, sorry. I meant the 16th. That's next Saturday.

Ahh ok and I just realised you said you havent met anyone from SpecOps, its not too late to Register for TAWpaintball's Red Dawn: Zero Hour Scenario Game at the Travis AFB in Fairfield on March 8th & 9th (especially the Night Game on Saturday Night), you should go and you'll meet "me" and other SpecOps Members there and wearing their SpecOps Gear (except for me).

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 10 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

#59 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

I don't think that's going to happen. The wife's birthday is on the 9th. But I am trying to decide right now between VIP or Sherwood on the 16th. If the weather turns to crap, my decision will be made for me and I'll have to go to VIP.

#60 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Yo...

So I just got back from PBJ today.. Today was the most people I've seen out yet since coming to this field. It was a good day for the most part. My Qloader pod CMS mount broke and they sent me a new one, but it was a little wonky at first, so I missed two games after the 1st one I played (I was breaking balls when attaching qpods until I tweaked the stopper pin), but then I got it sorted and the rest of the day was great. I was using Marbs for the first time and I must say I'm sold on them. The shell is hard enough to work great in the qloader and I shot straight... Wooo.. I'm still peeved that I have to pay a $15 surcharge to use my own paint. Seriously; the field barely makes $15 off a case of the crap paint they sell.. I'd be ok with $10 or less for BYOP; um.. preaching to the choir though.. I'm sure this has come up in this thread before...

Nonetheless... Here is a link to my new FPS video I recorded Sunday at PBJ:
FPS - 01 - Paintball jungle

I have made a topic for all my videos, so check it if it's your thing to watch a thread.
My FPS Videos

I'll see you guys at the next 2 TAW events... and perhaps a day at PBJ or Bear Creek 3rd/4th weekends of March?

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users