• You cannot reply to this topic

Broadsword noob please us noobs Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Ghoulscout 

• dont make me destroy you
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghoulscout

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

love my superstock cocker....can be had at actionvillage for like 150. 15 bps ramping, full auto and 3 shot burst and unlimited semi.
pain is an illusion of the body, dispair is an illusion of the mind!

feed back SO (+4/-0) Pbnation(+2/-0)
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=129545

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1...13%27s+feedback

#17 User is offline   Invictus01 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

View PostGhoulscout, on Oct 18 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

love my superstock cocker....can be had at actionvillage for like 150. 15 bps ramping, full auto and 3 shot burst and unlimited semi.

Not a very milsim marker but cockers are alot of fun. I have not shot a marker that is consistmently more accurate. Shot after shot Cockers rock

Posted Image

#18 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:24 AM

your best bet is to go with a tippmann

#19 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Oct 16 2007, 02:08 PM, said:

For $400, the correct answer is 'Used, older-model high-end'. An 05-ish Intimidator, Cyborg, Matrix, Ego, something like that.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

But you need to keep in mind that a hopper to keep up with that sort of rate of fire is going to add another 100+bucks. In the end you have a marker that will shoot 23bps on a field that will only allow 15.

If your goal is to play an effective "Broadsword style" rec ball position, go with the A-5. It sounds like you are rather new, and the A-5 is dead durable.
Your shopping list should be:
A-5 (basic)
Flatline (or Palmers 14")
e-grip
Vortex Mod for cyclone
Remote w/ slide check
68/4500 HPA (min.)
4-3 harness/vest (min)

Now you have a solid "Broadsword style rig" that will be legal at the 15bps cap*

*you can get more than 20pbs from this but thats breaking the field rules at most developed fields.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#20 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

Well, you can sometimes get a used E-Mag for $400 or less. And that's honestly the best of both worlds. It's insanely durable, as reliable as any Tippmann, as fast as any electro in semi mode, and it's still upgradeable with a Level 10 bolt and new software. The only thing it can't do is full-auto with the default software, although you can have it upgraded to XMod which will do anything you could ever want. It is also considered an electromechanical by the SPPL (I asked), and you are allowed to use any loader you want with it. It is factory-limited to 15 BPS, although with XMod you can make it do 18 (ROF is adjustable so it's still field-legal). XMod has a tourney lock feature so it's not changeable on the field.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#21 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

View PostArmy_Freak, on Oct 15 2007, 06:36 PM, said:

Im no noob to paintball and i've always played like a broadsword i just really haven't been as active as i would like to have been and i was wondering if you guys could help out. im lookin for a new paintball gun. something with 23+ balls per second within a $100-$250. i currently have a 98c so its pretty obvious that i need to upgrade its an awesome gun it just doesn't fit to well with my style. I play a lot of woodsball so it has to be something durable. any advice?

Try a used minimag and throw some upgreades on, I have seen some great deals on these on Ebay, 65$!!!!! with the shipping and then get a elctronic hopper and a electronic grip for it and an air tank and you are done.

#22 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

maybe a spyder mr2 or mr1

#23 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:53 AM

View Postbumpnrunone, on Dec 9 2007, 12:13 AM, said:

maybe a spyder mr2 or mr1

The MR's are not that good though.....

#24 User is offline   TheUltimateWarrior 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

go with a mag

#25 User is offline   OakeeDoke 

• OakeeDoke
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:OakeeDoke

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

You want a decent starting Broadsword marker? Many may not agree but, a stock Ion out of the box with a couple of small mods to it and you can rock no problem. My main marker is an ion with Deadly Winds Tactical body kit, L& Tech T bolt, Hammerhead Barrel Kit, and a Spyder Fasta Hopper and that thing throws out the paint. You can always inprove the board to fire faster but, the 17 BPS is fast enough to start.
Imminent Threat Scenario PaintBall Team (ITSPB)
Heavy Rifleman
Squad Leader, Charlie Team
My Feedback Page
Depression affects losers the most!
Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball (www.uoarmory.com); Failure is Not an Option

#26 User is offline   ~PUMA~ 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:~PUMA~

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

Maybe a Invert Mini?Its Fast and light, I'm not sure if its in your price range but if you get it used it should be.

#27 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 13 2007, 01:02 PM, said:

Well, you can sometimes get a used E-Mag for $400 or less. And that's honestly the best of both worlds. It's insanely durable, as reliable as any Tippmann, as fast as any electro in semi mode, and it's still upgradeable with a Level 10 bolt and new software. The only thing it can't do is full-auto with the default software, although you can have it upgraded to XMod which will do anything you could ever want. It is also considered an electromechanical by the SPPL (I asked), and you are allowed to use any loader you want with it. It is factory-limited to 15 BPS, although with XMod you can make it do 18 (ROF is adjustable so it's still field-legal). XMod has a tourney lock feature so it's not changeable on the field.

This is the best advice I have seen. Automags in their various forms are the most reliable guns anywhere. You will never outgrow your AGD equipment. I have owned a 'Mag for 8 years now. I don't want anything else......

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users