funny way to scare noobs lol Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   millencolinjames 

• look at my cool block things
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:millencolin

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Bobbjoe @ Oct 7 2007, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE(CERTIFIED PAINTBALLER @ Oct 7 2007, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE(death @ Oct 6 2007, 08:52 PM)
im a noob i was just bored and thought of a cool way to carry gear and had nothing better to do. heck i havent even started paintball. im not gonna start for like six months till i can save of 900 bucks for my equipment

900 bucks for your first setup? i have only been playing for 2 years and i havent spent that much without selling some old gear first.

If you buy a decent gun and setup, its not hard to do. I've spent about $700 on my setup, which is a hell of a lot less than some people.

it actually 777 and i am obsessed with paintball

i thought you said you havent even played yet, how are you obbsessed?
there is no evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck norris allows to live.
" BEES ? Who gets killed be bees?! BOINK that, i would puch every bee in the face!!" - Dane Cook

#62 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

View PostJK, on Oct 6 2007, 09:29 PM, said:

Hey. How about helping them and not scare them away from this great sport?

View PosttheLizzard, on Oct 7 2007, 01:59 PM, said:

Scaring "noobs"... yeah, that's a productive use of time and money. :dry:

Why not work on your skills so that when the newbies see you play they are awed by your paintballing ability? Why not be that cool person at the field who's always willing to help out the new kids with a technical help or giving them a tip to improve their skills? Why not strive to be that guy that 99% of the players at your field look up to because he's a good player, a good guy and a real asset?

Now THAT is the best advice I have read all day.

View PostOni Kuro, on Oct 6 2007, 09:30 PM, said:

tell the newbie to read the whiteboard and then tell that what the refs do to the players in the comic is true

Not funny. Tasteless, actually.

#63 User is offline   bw-01 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

View PosttheLizzard, on Oct 7 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

Scaring "noobs"... yeah, that's a productive use of time and money. B)

Why not work on your skills so that when the newbies see you play they are awed by your paintballing ability? Why not be that cool person at the field who's always willing to help out the new kids with a technical help or giving them a tip to improve their skills? Why not strive to be that guy that 99% of the players at your field look up to because he's a good player, a good guy and a real asset?

because being famous isnt near as fun as being infamous
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE

#64 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

View Postbw-01, on Oct 19 2007, 07:52 PM, said:

Scaring "noobs"... yeah, that's a productive use of time and money. :)

because being famous isnt near as fun as being infamous

true dat.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#65 User is offline   -BodyCount- 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BodyCount

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Well in my case I scared my own squad mates. They were walking behind me and saw my dummy bullets coming out of my SAW mag. and thought they were real and they started backing up.
I still think that is hilarious. Try that with the noobs

#66 User is offline   ddubb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ddubb

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 6 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

Scaring New Players is not the way to Support the Sport of Paintballing, because We/Us paintballers want the Sport to Grow and scaring New Players would make them think that the Idea that Paintballing is not a Fun Sport to Play.

+1 I don't get why anyone would be out to scare newbs when we want more people to play this sport. I have a lot of newbs really interested in our equipment when they first see it, but we usually explain and teach and tell them that it isn't all about what kind of equipment you have but comes down to skill level. Try to teach newbies not scare them away from a great sport

#67 User is offline   overt 

• Old enough to know better, too young to care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:overt

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:24 AM

okay so obviously the idea of scaring new players so bad they never come back doesn't seem like a very tastefull idea. my question is what kind of newbies are we talking about here?

there's the young new player who's scared to get hit and inexperienced. he probably blindfires because he hasn't figured out that looking where he fires is much more effective. and, in most games he doesn't move past the starting bunker. there's the occassional rambo who try's to run too far and gets shot out in the first minute of every game as well. this is how most people start out, especially when you're a young kid playing with a bunch of older experienced guys that look like army rangers. don't hate on these newbies, they'll get better and then they'll turn into fun players.

now there is another class of newbies that it might be enjoyable to entrench a little humility in. these are the kids that are brand new to the game but have more expensive equipment than you do. they yell paint check every time they fire a rope of paint because they "swear" they hit that guy and he's a cheater. then they turn 180 and wipe if they think no one's looking. these are the kids that yell at other new players and maybe even some experienced guys when they get shot out because it sure wasn't thier fault. and every time they get hit it was "a lucky shot." these are the kids that turn into that (insert derogatory curse word here) that nobody likes playing with at thier local field.

if you run into any of these kids go right ahead and try any means to scare some common sense into them. its for thier own good in my opinion. but leave the other newbies alone, or try to help them get better. I've traded guns with a couple of rental players in the past so they could see what a high performance gun felt like. often times with a better gun in thier hands they gained more confidence and started to improve throughout the day.

just some food for thought

Proud EPIC owner #1

#68 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

Wow, overt, you have some uncommon generocity. But I definately agree with everything you just said. N00bs (the second category) like that are never any fun to play with, and most of the time I end up sending them home, even if it is an outlaw field and nobody's the boss. I just stand up for how I feel, and usually my team backs me up because they feel the same way. But I have a lot of patience, and I will never ask a person to leave unless it becomes obvious that they are ruining the day and the rest of the team is starting to get PERTURBED.

As you said about the gun-swapping, That was really cool. I let on of my newb (the good kind) friends borrow my tricked-out X7 for a game once, and he actually ended up winning (it was an every man for himself game), and he didn't even know how to use the red dot sight! He told me he just used the (G36) carry handle's built-in sight. I told him how to turn the sight off the next time he used it, because he left it on and my battery was low, but it was okay.

#69 User is offline   Recon 11 

• "Wheaties: The Breakfast of Idiots."
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon 11

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 6 2007, 03:19 PM, said:

I don't think a case for your gear is going to intimidate noobs. I try not to scare them. I want them to have fun their first few times out

Yeah, the more paintballers, the better the game, the more money SpecOps gets. :laugh:

#70 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

paintball is about showing people about how fun it is not how cool we can try to be by scaring them..we need all the paintballers we can get :)
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#71 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

View PostBobbjoe, on Oct 6 2007, 07:29 PM, said:

View Postlight-u-up, on Oct 6 2007, 05:48 PM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 6 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

View PostTippyFreak, on Oct 6 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 6 2007, 02:12 PM, said:

View Postlight-u-up, on Oct 6 2007, 01:15 PM, said:

A 3" barrel isn't going to make the paintball come out less than 300fps. 300FPS is 300FPS.

The shorter the barrel the less space the paintball has to accelerate to full speed so you need to fire the paintball with more power so it can reach normal velocity before exiting the barrel. A 3" barrel isn't as bad but a 1.5" barrel needs the velocity turned fully up for 300FPS. 300FPS on one of these short barrels = 350+FPS on a regular barrel.

where did you hear that ??? :laugh:

Where did I hear it? Did not need to hear it, we tested it before a game. Same results from a LAW, shortening the barrel = less range and speed, lengthening the barrel = greater range and speed (but there is a limit to how long a barrel can be before it takes away speed and range). To get the same range from the short barrel as the long, a grater volume of air is needer.

lmao, try searching some threads on here.

His state ment is partialy true. As the barrel is shortened, the speed a which a ball travels at a set amount of a air released is greater than a longer barrel powered by the same blast. Barrel lenght = friction. Friction = speed decrease.

Two points:

1.Orpackrat, you are right. A shorter barrel leaves less room for the ball to accelerate. The ball accelerates inside the barrel because the bolt pretty much "opens" the firing chamber and lets the pressurized air in to drive the ball forward. If you have a 1.5 inch barrel, the ball will already be out of the barrel before it has had a chance to fully accelerate, and the air will escape around it and be wasted. This is also why everyone always talks about "paint bore to barrel match". If your paint perfectly matches the barrel, it creates a tighter, yet not too tight seal, that does not allow air to vent around the ball inside the barrel. Light-u-up, maybe you should read some threads around here.

2. Bobbyjoe, did you notice that you posted the exact opposite as orpackrat? A longer barrel will not slow the ball down because of friction because the ball is actually being driven forward by the air pressure with much more force than the restricting force of friction. Barrels are best between 8"-16". That is a useful range for acceleration and porting to silently allow the air to vent and keep accuracy and velocity consistent. The preferable barrel length is 12"-16". Friction inside the barrel is only a factor when you are using large bore paint in a long, small bore barrel. If you shoot large paint in a .685 21" barrel, the ball will either bust in the barrel or have low velocity.

Damn, this is so off topic. Well, I'm strictly against scaring newbs, but noobs is a whole different story. :P

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 25 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

#72 User is offline   egamirrorim 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

The field I play at most in Sydney, Australia is the only one (Im pretty sure) in Sydney that allows point blank shooting. Most of the other fields have a minimum distance of 5 meters, some fields it's 3 meters.
Sneaking up on n00bs and painting them at point blank range is a pretty common occurance for the guys in my squad who go fairly regularly, myself included. However, Im the only one out of us who makes a point of yelling my lungs out when I do so lol.
I get up close whatever way I can (bunker rush, fake them, leopard crawl, ambush) and when Im only about 1 meter away I start yelling "WO0O0OO000OO00!!!!" or something else that's not quite appropriate to post on the forum. Its close enough to see the look in their eyes when Im screaming obscenities at them, their eyes widen and most of them freeze, failing to even shoot their marker. It's very funny and I've had alot of my victims come up to me afterwards and thank me for such a humourous experience.
I make a particular point of doing this when I have organised a big group of players (friends, work aquaintences, relatives) so I can scare the poo out of all my buddies lol.

#73 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• 18 Zulu - Operations Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ODA-271

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:37 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 6 2007, 01:19 PM, said:

I don't think a case for your gear is going to intimidate noobs. I try not to scare them. I want them to have fun their first few times out

Really... what's the purpose putting fear and intimidating the very people that make the game enjoyable. You scare them all away and you'll find yourself playing solo. Doesn't sound like much fun.
Operational Detachment Alpha - 271
Colorado Scenario Paintball Team

#74 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

Scaring "noobs"... yeah, that's a productive use of time and money. :D

I agree. Well written actually.

#75 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

View Postdeath, on Oct 6 2007, 12:12 PM, said:

what you do is take a smalls size coffin like one for an instrument and convert it to hold your paintball gear. put a bunch of metal and give it nice paint. then wear it on your back like a back pack. watch what happens. i thought of this yesterday.

any one else got any ideas :aah:

Another good way to scare them is to hide behind something, and then pop out and scream.

This post has been edited by kook: 26 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users