Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

View Postjmsiona, on Oct 3 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

What alot of people dont realize is that foriegn car companies bought thier technology from american car companies, there really isnt a huge difference between foriegn or american cars

BWHAHAHAHA!
Prove it. Come on, I dare ya. If the technologies were bought from American companies, WHY AREN'T AMERICAN COMPANIES USING THEM?

i drove a lexus that i loved the other day..

You know Lexus is Japanese, right?

If you want a car that is nice, you can find one in all of those brands, but if you want to keep the american economy stable, and regain the strength of our dollar, so that the canadians dollar isnt worth more than ours, i would sugesst buying an american car.

Actually, given that about half of GM's, Ford's and Chrysler's vehicles are assembled in Canada. So, you're doing more to support the Canadian dollar then the American one. Also, just so you know, the only vehicle that is completely, from the bare parts to final assembly, built in the USA is the TOYOTA Tundra.

Buying American cars is another form of welfare. They complain and whine about their sales, but keep pumping out inferior vehicles. Buying American vehicles is another form of welfare.
Yes, they're getting better. But so are foreign cars.

And, no, I'm not just spouting off opinions read from columns. My family has owned vehicles from Ford, Chrysler, GM, Honda and Toyota. And I'll admit that the Chevettes and the Crown Victoria we've owned have performed admirably. Both Chevettes got 20 relatively trouble-free years out of them. The Crown Victoria has hauled a family across and all over Canada, taught two leadfooted teens to drive and been generally driven into the ground for 14 years, and still kicks every morning.
But we've replaced them with a Civic and a Tundra, respectively, and there's no comparison.

The closest thing I'll ever own to a domestic vehicle until they pick up the quality will be a Tundra or a Camry, and that's only because they're built in the USA and Canada, respectively.

*Gasp* Rant over. :P

This post has been edited by Marauder_Pilot: 03 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

#18 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

Buy American made, and keep our people paid.

Go Ford.

If you absolutely won't buy American made (and there's no reason not to), Volkswagons are nice too, they last forever. I however, will never own a Veedub because of their history.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#19 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel FTW!!!

I'm betraying my brand loyalty and buying a Ford F250 HD Diesel in a few weeks

Out of those options...I'd get the mazda.

#20 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 3 2007, 12:50 PM, said:

What kind of budget are you looking at?

Puz, hes in Southern California and having a Budget down there is nearly non-existent.

#21 User is offline   zguy95135 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 3 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

Puz, hes in Southern California and having a Budget down there is nearly non-existent.

Lol pretty much, but Im looking for around 21k+ish out the door preferably.

Gas mileage is a big thing for me, I get around 30mpg on the freeway with my CL atm but I would like to get it higher if possible. I could get a diesel truck or something but I've never been into trucks and I need something small and practical but still fun to drive. Rolling around in a big F-250 would be a pain in LA traffic :laugh: . Also Im not really into any American cars either, Ive looked at quite a few and I was generally unimpressed with them, theyre a little too plasticy for me and the mileage isnt so hot. I love my parent's Cadillac but over the 10 years we've had it its had sooooo many problems.

I'm leaning toward the Civic at the moment. If I decide to sell it in a few years the resale will still be good, because I want to use it as a down payment for a 04 Acura NSX... Or maybe I'll keep the Civic and get an first gen NSX, I dunno.

#22 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

i drove a lexus that i loved the other day..

You know Lexus is Japanese, right?

yea.. i do realize that its japanese.. thats why i stated that, then said i drove a saturn the same day..

This post has been edited by jmsiona: 03 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

#23 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Oct 3 2007, 05:28 PM, said:

View Postjmsiona, on Oct 3 2007, 01:06 PM, said:

What alot of people dont realize is that foriegn car companies bought thier technology from american car companies, there really isnt a huge difference between foriegn or american cars

BWHAHAHAHA!
Prove it. Come on, I dare ya. If the technologies were bought from American companies, WHY AREN'T AMERICAN COMPANIES USING THEM?

disprove it... personally im not going to search for the information, but i had to do some report on american cars vs foreign cars last year.. im not looking for it again

American companies do have the tech that the japanese cars have, the reason it might cost more for us to buy it is because we actually pay our workers more than 12 dollars a week.

This post has been edited by jmsiona: 03 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

#24 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

View Postzguy95135, on Oct 3 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Oct 3 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

Lol pretty much, but Im looking for around 21k+ish out the door preferably.

Gas mileage is a big thing for me, I get around 30mpg on the freeway with my CL atm but I would like to get it higher if possible. I could get a diesel truck or something but I've never been into trucks and I need something small and practical but still fun to drive. Rolling around in a big F-250 would be a pain in LA traffic :laugh: . Also Im not really into any American cars either, Ive looked at quite a few and I was generally unimpressed with them, theyre a little too plasticy for me and the mileage isnt so hot. I love my parent's Cadillac but over the 10 years we've had it its had sooooo many problems.

I'm leaning toward the Civic at the moment. If I decide to sell it in a few years the resale will still be good, because I want to use it as a down payment for a 04 Acura NSX... Or maybe I'll keep the Civic and get an first gen NSX, I dunno.

First Gen NSX huh....you better hire some 24hr Armed Guards to protect that car...its still on the Hot List for the Most Stolen Vehicles.

#25 User is offline   zguy95135 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

Full coverage insurance and Lo-Jack will be the first thing installed :laugh:

#26 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:36 AM

Have you considered a Toyota Prius? Base price $22,796, EPA fuel economy 60 MPG city, 51 MPG highway

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#27 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 4 2007, 04:36 AM, said:

Have you considered a Toyota Prius? Base price $22,796, EPA fuel economy 60 MPG city, 51 MPG highway

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Puz, are you auditioning for a commercial, cus you sound like one?

#28 Guest_Tyler {332nd} Ham_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

07 Saab 9-3 aero V6 turbo

Posted Image

If you can afford the occasional maintainance, its one of the best cars you can get.

Also, they got bought out by GM, so a lot of parts for them are American made now, and wont cost an arm and a leg (unlike mine, a 96, which is half US parts, half Swedish parts.)

They also get uber good gas mileage, and if you live somewhere where you get snow, they have this nice little winter setting where it will start in 3rd gear so you wont spin out from dead stops, and it disengages after you hit 50 mph, so you will have better traction at high speeds. It helps tremendously in the rain and snow.

Not to mention the sport setting, that makes the car shift earlier and later. Unless you get the manual transmission, of course.

AND, the key goes inbetween the seats in the front! how cool is that?

This post has been edited by Tyler {332nd} Ham: 05 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

#29 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

ok, let me break it down for ya:

+50 man points for a silverado
+20 for a 2500
+40 for a 3500
+30 for a dually
+20 for a crew cab

but out of those options, acura

but listen to my man typer. saab is a GREAT car.

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#30 Guest_Tyler {332nd} Ham_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Yes, listen to me, Typer.

But yeah, they will last 300K miles if you take care of them right and replace what needs replacing.

For instance:

When I bought my car, the last owner got an oil filter change at a crappy place. They forgot to put the oil back in, and it was almost completely dry. It was driven for almost 200 (150 by him, 50 by me) miles before I took a look and realized there was almost no oil in there, took it to my mechanic, and he said the engine was squeaky clean, and there was no damage. They are power houses.

And, they are FAST. Not to mention they are SAFE. Its all steel and sheet metal, not plastic.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users