• You cannot reply to this topic

Battle for Berlin at Skirmish USA Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

The reffing was good from what I saw, and I was pulled out when I didn't even know I was hit, and the ref who called me out was pretty far away. So overall the reffing was good, and it was safe.

#47 User is offline   Suby One Eye 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Suby One Eye

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

This was the first trip to the Battle of Berlin for the Fighting Amish but we had a blast and will return with more Boovas next year. Silence we held the line and then some after you gave me the inital orders we held the line right into the front door of Tippmann castle. I think there were shanagins when you sent us to the Russian camp for the German Flags. He gave me a line that they were already handed in so we took the castle with them leading the charge on the left side of the castle taking it from there I took at least 20 Germans from one window when our own troops would stay out of the way. Silence great Generaling, of a force that had a mind of its own. Next year the Fighting Amish would like to take a more serious role in your missions, keep us in mind. The safety was top shelf I think chronoing at each insertion was a great idea to keep all safe. My helmet off to all the refs they had a tough job on muddy day and probably took more hits than any player. Thanks and we will see you all next year and on invasion of Normandy.

#48 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

This is how my day went...
When I first went in my gun was acting funny, and it would keep on turning off, and I was getting mad because I thought the water might of messed up the board. But later I changed the battery and it worked fine. I went in the second time and I sprinted up to a bunker very close to the castle and way in front of my team. Me and some guys up in the windows were shooting at each other until one guy hit me in the face and got paint all over my mouth. So I went to a medic and went on playing again. So after playing for a little I got behind this bunker, and about three guys had a clear sight of me, so I ran and dove behind a bunker, right into a huge mud puddle. I was soaked and had mud everywhere. I got a lot of people out and just played on until I went back to the picnic area. Then I went in the third time for about 2 hours for the last battle to take the castle. I had a blast and got a ton of people out. I won't go into smaller details, but yeah, Skirmish has improved A LOT since I.O.N...reffing and safety wise.

#49 User is offline   Silence 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

Suby: Definitely! Drop me a PM here, on PBNation or on the Allied command site before the next game you come up for. Thanks for stepping up and leading group 2 (I think that was you guys, right?) even though you had no prior notice. If you get in contact before hand, I can write you into the plan a lot better than I did off the hip there. Still, glad you had fun, that's what it's all about in the end. That and winning, but hey ;)

#50 User is offline   Invictus01 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

I have been to Skirmish a number of times and always had a blast. The Battle for Berlin was no exception. This is by far the safest field I have ever been to. Considering the large numbers of people they accomodate, it is amazing. The chronos at every insertion were great. I was also randomly checked by refs walking around and spot checking fps and my hopper to see what I was shooting. I was pleased to see the refs engage players and help em get out of a tough spot when shot out, and call out people who "didn't feal the hit" and were playing on. The refs were ever present but not overbearing. look orward to playing Stalingrad.

Chris

#51 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

Out of curiousity from your last post, what other fields have you played at?
Coming soon.

#52 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPIKE21

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

View Postdruid, on Oct 29 2007, 07:59 AM, said:

Thanks Phil.

Anyone else? I know Hashido went...as well as others. Speak up, boys.......

The refs did there job. When the castle got crazy, they would stand in the middle and help people out who were out. Everywhere i looked they were chronoing people on the field and you had to chrono everytime you went on the field.

#53 User is offline   AIRY 

• 1st Fallschirmjagers Teilung Oberst
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AIRY

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Awsome game,, thanks again chris for being my meatshield and help with the base defense. much improved since ION, refs did their job, not too much cheating. fun game overall ,cant wait till stally.

and silence, you really beat us down with that 100+ person assualt you did mid day, luckily we had a german sitting under a pile of leaves in a ditch that ran back and told me so we could get ready :(

FCAT does suck.But to be quite honest you have to be a bucket made of stupid that's full of fail to do horribly on it.~~blackraven64

#54 User is offline   -=JF=- 

• The Spartan Rifleman (1st. Lt.)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-=JF=-

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

It was a safe game couple people i noticed werent calling themselves out but i did notice refs pulling people out and i got checked a couple times to see what i was shooting and fps. The chrono at every insertion was great and there was alot of refs keeping an eye on the people in the castle, and pulling them out when they were hit.

can't wait 2 see you guys at stalingrad
Spartan Division is proudly sponsored by: Jasse paintball and Rockstar Tactical Sytems

Most Valuable Team(Germans)- Skirmish's Battle for Berlin '07

#55 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

Glad to hear that things seem to be improving... Out of curiosity, anyone have a rough estimate of attendance numbers?
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#56 User is offline   AIRY 

• 1st Fallschirmjagers Teilung Oberst
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AIRY

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:55 PM

somewhere around 900 maybe

FCAT does suck.But to be quite honest you have to be a bucket made of stupid that's full of fail to do horribly on it.~~blackraven64

#57 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

Anyone else????
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#58 User is offline   Silence 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:16 AM

Fewer people + emphasis on safety = no surprises, a safe game.

I've heard anywhere between 700-800 on the numbers. Given the weather, I'd go with the low end of that. Still, there were at least several hundred left at the final castle battle, though mostly just Russians and Americans. I think a lot of people assumed the game was over when the castle fell at the end of point scoring play.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users