Recommended Upgrades? Gun+parts Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 21 2007, 11:48 AM, said:

No because you guys are still viewing the disadvantages of playing with a pump compared to a semi. I'm trying to put this into words here and its not working, lol.

When I first got my pump I used to say things like, man if I'd of had my 98C I would have been able to take such and such a guy out. But then I realized that if I would have had my semi there is no way I would have gotten to that position. If you guys really like following the profile of Daggers they do crawl and play the stealth game. Crawling around with a gun with a large hopper and heavy tank would make how I play so much more difficult.

My set up is infinitely lighter than it would be if I had a semi. A lot of people are probably thinking, "Hey, this guy needs to visit a gym," and I used to think that too. But thats not it, just because you have Rambo muscles doesn't mean that having a lighter set up won't help you.

Sure maybe pump play didn't work for you, it doesn't work for a lot of people thats why its not as popular as semis. But sometime it just clicks for you and you do a lot better than if you had a semi. Pump isn't a fad, fads come and go, but I think pump play is here to stay, at least for me anyway.

I think its possible to do individually better SOMETIMES with a pump however you lose many team aspects of the game. Such as giving cover fire or distracting an enemy. Also as far as moving up goes BPS can do wonders.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#17 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• That dude in the Punisher shirt
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xarchxangelx

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:48 PM

I temporarily have an A-5, it seems to kick a lot. I am going to to give it a whirl tomorrow.

About the Pump, why don't I just try out a Brass Eagle Talon? :-P
Task Force 68 | Michigan Wraith Battalion CO

#18 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FurianSabre

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:49 PM

All things being equal, semi>pump. To argue you "would be better" with a pump is just goofy, period. I love seeing a guy role up with a pump. If he doesn't make the first shot count, he's done. And even if he does, my teammates will then know where he is, and then he's done anyway.

When everyone has a pump, it may be a great game. When one person has a pump, it will be a painful game for ol' pumper.
Oderint dum Metuant
'let them hate, so long as they fear'

#19 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:21 AM

Sorry Mr. General but although the first shot does count much more with pump than semi, it doesn't mean we're screwed if we miss either. I have missed plenty of times with my first shot but my follow up shot usually hits. I wouldn't want to play with a semi again, way too different a style of play. You guys are only looking at pumps as limiting your rate of fire, and thats all the farther you look into it. Whatever happened to everyone on the forum saying it was the player that had the skill, not the gun?
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#20 User is offline   Paintball Jedi 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Paintball Jedi

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

I agree with The Scout on this. I've seen several pump players take out several semi players before even after missing the first shot. If you have the skill then the gun doesn't matter. Bells and whistles are nice if that's what you want but I'd rather save the money for things other than paint. lol

#21 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:05 AM

I think that the player is the one that has the skill not the gun. But I also belive that equipment will help your game, especially specialized equipment. If a player with a light, efficient, fast marker went up versus a pump gun the gun with the high end will win a majority of the times. Why? Because I can just keep you pinned down and shoot you.

Don't think that I hate pump play, as I love to play with my phantom. However I am a firm believer in that for serious play a semi is always better.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#22 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FurianSabre

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

You're missing my point. What I was trying to say is that, the arguement that pumps are better is wrong. I keep reading, on this forum, people campaigning for pumps. Thats fine, I just don't like reading how they are fundamentally better, b/c that just doesn't hold water. I don't see any branch of Military downgrading their fire power to make the soldiers more skillful. C'mon. Pumps have their place, in pump class. If you're new and going into an open style of play, don't think you need a pump to become good. I can make shots count with a 50 round hopper, or a 200 round hopper.

That said, I agree that it comes down to the individual. I also like aiming and shooting with no more than is necessary to eliminate an opfor. I take pride in sending or two balls to take someone out. But, I do want the ability to shoot my way out of a larger group of enemies.
Oderint dum Metuant
'let them hate, so long as they fear'

#23 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

If a player with a light, efficient, fast marker went up versus a pump gun the gun with the high end will win a majority of the times.

I have yet to see a semi set-up that is lighter than my VSC Phantom, my Phantom is also just as efficient as any gun I've seen.

Some people just don't get pump play, Mr. General I think you're one of those people, and I'm just gonna leave this argument at that.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#24 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

OK, first off, Wat does this post have to do with pumps?!?!? The guy wants a gun, not you peoples opinion on the Pump vs. Semi concept! I use an A5 and love it. I reccomend it for any role with the exception of speedball. For a dagger, get a shorter barrel, or just use the stock barrel. A stock is optional, for a dagger, i say no. other than that, theres really not much else to get. As for the pump vs. Semi, i use an A5 with an E-grip. I want a Phantom, just to try out the pump concept. I do believe that using a pump makes you make your shots count and be a better marksmen, but im not saying out military should go to using pump Assault Rifles. Use what you want, but dont make it seem like its the only otion for everone else. In any case, if someone misses on their first shot, they follow up. That applies to semis and Pumps. I have seen pumpers own speedballers, and i have seen likewise. Give it a rest, people!!!
The Free 19th.

#25 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• PipPip

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, I think I will just opt for a tourney gun. Most of my flanking involves unexpected rushes laying paint. A pump would be nice for practice, but I don't really have the money for it. I have a Halo laying around that I need to use. Then again, I could sell the Halo, and my 98...

#26 User is offline   havokrooster 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLOODLUST OVERLORD

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

most of the big games are semi only. so the tourney guns and their magnetic triggers have the advantage. however i found a rythym innovations magnetic for the a5. it shreds. i had refs pulling me to the side to check my firing mode cause they did not believe it could lay paint that fast. i have brought the designer many customers after ppl inquired about my trigger system. he is now going to let me beta test the x7 version and i will have it at bearclaw as well as my a5 already equipped. i will also have a nice cocker there if you want to check those out.

This post has been edited by havokrooster: 26 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

APX Regional Sales Rep.

#27 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 22 2007, 02:21 PM, said:

If a player with a light, efficient, fast marker went up versus a pump gun the gun with the high end will win a majority of the times.

I have yet to see a semi set-up that is lighter than my VSC Phantom, my Phantom is also just as efficient as any gun I've seen.

Some people just don't get pump play, Mr. General I think you're one of those people, and I'm just gonna leave this argument at that.

QFT!!
Boss Paintball

#28 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• PipPip

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

View Posthavokrooster, on Sep 26 2007, 02:52 PM, said:

most of the big games are semi only. so the tourney guns and their magnetic triggers have the advantage. however i found a rythym innovations magnetic for the a5. it shreds. i had refs pulling me to the side to check my firing mode cause they did not believe it could lay paint that fast. i have brought the designer many customers after ppl inquired about my trigger system. he is now going to let me beta test the x7 version and i will have it at bearclaw as well as my a5 already equipped. i will also have a nice cocker there if you want to check those out.

Whats it called? I am not an A-5, for my style, the cyclone bones my horribly. If I played bigger Woodsball games where proning was a big factor, I would use it, otherwise, no.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users