• You cannot reply to this topic

Recommended Upgrades? Gun+parts Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• That dude in the Punisher shirt
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:xarchxangelx

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

Okay, I currently am using a 98 Custom, which has served me well, but I am looking for something better. 98 is okay for Rec games against some Walk-ons, but I need more firepower. I bought a DM3 off my friend, but the thing has had problems since the night I bought it.

Anyway, what do you all recommend for a Dagger? I am looking into a Autococker Trilogy SF. I am on a pretty tight budget ($100-200.) I intend on selling the 98 to pay for whatever I end up buying.
Task Force 68 | Michigan Wraith Battalion CO

#2 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

If you're just looking for something to give you more kills, I would probably recommend the classic route of an A5 with a better barrel and that's it. However, if you would like to make yourself a better paintballer, I would suggest going the pump route since it will force you to become a better player and, after a couple months with it, you'll find that you quickly become pretty good with it.

If you are interested in going the pump route, PM me and I will set you up with someone who can get you into a new Phantom for your price range.

#3 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

Do yourself a favor, and don't buy the trilogy. You can buy a brand new SF Superstock for $160. It's SO much better than a trilogy.

#4 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well for starters get the DM fixed and up a running..if you get a cocker get a vf tactical..they awesome guns, but they are a little on the expensive side.
Boss Paintball

#5 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• PipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

View PostEPIC_Fox, on Sep 18 2007, 01:16 PM, said:

Well for starters get the DM fixed and up a running..if you get a cocker get a vf tactical..they awesome guns, but they are a little on the expensive side.

Fixing it costs more trouble then its worth, but I will get around to it eventually.

#6 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:48 PM

Phantom, so much lighter than anything else, which is what everyone says a dagger needs...
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:13 PM

Used Classic Mag? Pretty light (at least, I find mine to be light), consistent, reliable, user friendly maintenance... not much else to ask for in a marker, and they're about $100 if you look for them used in the right places (most large forums, especially Automags.org of course).

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

View PostRy and Raft, on Sep 18 2007, 07:19 PM, said:

Fixing it costs more trouble then its worth, but I will get around to it eventually.

Whats wrong with it?
Boss Paintball

#9 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• PipPip

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

View PostEPIC_Fox, on Sep 18 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

View PostRy and Raft, on Sep 18 2007, 07:19 PM, said:

Whats wrong with it?

The guy that sold me it with Halo, and N2. Well, it has had a air leak since I've had it. The Halo shell was coming apart. The N2 gauge stopped working after the first time I filled it. Everything is fixed, but I still need a barrel, and transfer plug.

#10 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 18 2007, 07:48 PM, said:

Phantom, so much lighter than anything else, which is what everyone says a dagger needs...

Right we SAY you need a light gun, we also say you should have something that can throw paint when you need to. Getting a phantom only meets half of the need. Phantoms are good for practice not for play.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#11 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

View PostBielerga, on Sep 20 2007, 08:40 AM, said:

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 18 2007, 07:48 PM, said:

Right we SAY you need a light gun, we also say you should have something that can throw paint when you need to. Getting a phantom only meets half of the need. Phantoms are good for practice not for play.

whatever!!! ive seen guys totally own with phantoms..they are awesome...but not for the dagger position however..
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

Bielgera do you live under a rock buried underground??!? Thats the dumbest comment I've seen posted, I don't care if I get warned for this flame, think before you speak.

Firepower isn't 17 bps missing, firepower is one shot hitting. From what I've seen Daggers running with Phantoms and other pumps have an advantage over players with semis, we don't have heavy tanks, hoppers, and pods to weigh us down. Rate of fire is NOT required to play like a dagger.

This post has been edited by The Scout: 20 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#13 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 20 2007, 03:00 PM, said:

Bielgera do you live under a rock buried underground??!? Thats the dumbest comment I've seen posted, I don't care if I get warned for this flame, think before you speak.

Firepower isn't 17 bps missing, firepower is one shot hitting. From what I've seen Daggers running with Phantoms and other pumps have an advantage over players with semis, we don't have heavy tanks, hoppers, and pods to weigh us down. Rate of fire is NOT required to play like a dagger.

Wait, so because I'm not blinded by the pump-marker fad I'm suddenly buried under a rock? Maybe it has something do do with the fact that I've taken the time to look objectively at the dagger position and not just follow the pump-fad that I can make this statement. The fact of the matter is that pumps will always be inferior to other markers because a gun that can shoot 1 bps can't shoot 15 but a marker that can shoot 15 can shoot 1. Now am I saying you need a marker that can shoot 15 bps? Not by any means! But the fact of the matter is your most likely letting your team down by using a pump.

You wanna flame me but seriously, think about it for one second next time.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#14 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

^^^

agreed, it's a whole lot better to have it and not need it. Then not have it and need it. When your getting pounded by 4 guys shooting 15 bps your one bps isn't going to get you very far.

#15 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

No because you guys are still viewing the disadvantages of playing with a pump compared to a semi. I'm trying to put this into words here and its not working, lol.

When I first got my pump I used to say things like, man if I'd of had my 98C I would have been able to take such and such a guy out. But then I realized that if I would have had my semi there is no way I would have gotten to that position. If you guys really like following the profile of Daggers they do crawl and play the stealth game. Crawling around with a gun with a large hopper and heavy tank would make how I play so much more difficult.

My set up is infinitely lighter than it would be if I had a semi. A lot of people are probably thinking, "Hey, this guy needs to visit a gym," and I used to think that too. But thats not it, just because you have Rambo muscles doesn't mean that having a lighter set up won't help you.

Sure maybe pump play didn't work for you, it doesn't work for a lot of people thats why its not as popular as semis. But sometime it just clicks for you and you do a lot better than if you had a semi. Pump isn't a fad, fads come and go, but I think pump play is here to stay, at least for me anyway.
Official Pump Owner #98

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users