Special Ops Paintball: ACU vs MARPAT vs MULTICAM, some new pics - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACU vs MARPAT vs MULTICAM, some new pics

#46 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

Although I have never served in the military, I can say that from my hunting experience that I know a little about decent camo when I see it. Unfortunately for our men and women in uniform, the ACU stuff isn't good for much besides desert or urban use. Since our combat forces are now mostly in this type of environment (and probably will be in the future) I wouldn't expect to see the ACU stuff fade away anytime soon. The wheels of government move slowly and changing the forces to something else will likely take years. Just look at how long woodland stuck around. Seems like the Marine Corp use some sense with their uniforms I wouldn't expect the Army to move to two styles of uniform.

For hunting, I have some Mossy Oak Breakup that I like pretty well. I have been using some Advantage Timber stuff for paintball that is pretty decent stuff. However, I am glad to say I have Multicam Propper pants and shirt on the way from Ranger Joes. It should go well with my Multicam Spec Ops Dagger-style vest I have on order! From what I have seen, Multicam or the digital variant would be the best all-around pattern for our forces to use.

Hey, Spec Ops can go after a nice fat government contract with the Omnipat pattern! :happy:
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#47 User is offline   mai 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:30 AM

View Postring, on Sep 2 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

View PostCrege, on Sep 2 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

Well I just got back from Iraq and I beleive that ACU's were made more for an urban environment in low light conditions. They are not made for fighting in the green european country side during the cold war like the woodland BDU's. Have any of you guys seen the new airforce uniform? Its the same color as the ACU's but its in a tiger stripe pattern.

not the same color, its darker, you can buy them here
http://www.bdu.com/F541508376.html

Posted Image

I dropped some sunflower seeds on my lap once while I was wearing ABUs, and you couldn't see them at all!
But seriously though, the ABU was originally intended to be a barracks/utility uniform. And yet airmen are being deployed to fight in this uniform. On the website for the company that designed the uniform, they apologize to any one who actually has to conduct combat in the ABU.

#48 User is offline   John J. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

Do the Propper ACU shirts have a loose or tighter fit? What I mean is if I wear say a XL would I have to get a 2x to get a looser fit? I'm just asking because when I play paintball I have to wear looser fitting clothing.

#49 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ring

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

their size charts are on the page, try looking at those
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball
Cleveland Akron players find local games here www.clevelandpaintball.com

IPB Image

#50 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Heres half of the answer and army guys can verify this. The US gov. awards contracts for the gear supplied to the military. The creators of MultiCam, Crye Associates, were a smaller company back when the contract was on the table. From what I read, Crye was too expensive, because they were small, and lost to the cheaper ACUs which appear to do their current job for the most part.

On the other hand, to address the fade out, heres a thought. When ever the FFW (future force worrier, next gen stuff) is displayed at military shows the soldiers and their gear are all in multicam. Maybe the gov. is taking a second look since Israel's special forces just adopted multicam.

And you guys talk about the terrain for the camo. Try to think of a camo that was developed specifically for combat in the US. :huh:

These are the guys that pretty much came up with the digi stuff. They have a lot of patters. One for every environment.

click on the soldier in the top left.
http://www.hyperstealth.com/

Isn't cami fun. Oh, I'm for MultiCam. :)

This post has been edited by wargames: 08 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#51 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Oh, ya, and friend in the Air Force said he's looking forward to buying his ABUs. He likes them but he said their expensive. Then again his boots cost more than the uniform.

GREAT TEST

This post has been edited by wargames: 07 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.

#52 User is offline   wargames 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

The article said there are new GREENER ACUs being reissued. I don't know if thats true but this is the pic they had. A little better.
And look PB acus in action. maybe when he gets to the smoke they won't see him.

Attached File(s)

I am the Paintball Stig

#53 User is offline   snipin'since88 

• TEUFELHUNDEN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipinsince88

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

in my opinion acu just need to go away. i prefer multicam...

#54 User is offline   paintbal1 

• Humboldt Fog Dog
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paintbal1

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Okay guys ACU doesnt suck what you guys are thinking of Is the Universal Camo. ACU isnt a camo pattern its a Uniform which stands for Army Combat Uniform Which are the Army's uniform's which comes in a whole bunch of patterns such as Universal, Desert Digital, Digital Subdued, Digital Woodland, But yes the Universal is the offical Army combat uniform For now . Universal does suck Horribally enless your in a Desert Oasis but only then is it effectiveand thats if the enemy is far away, thats why the Military is whiching to Digital Desert instead of universal, and instead of old Fashion Woodland they are switching the Digital or the Marpat (there basicly the same thing). Just like theres a lot ACU's there's alot of different BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform). Theres also an ABU which stands for Airman Battle Uniform and the offical Universal actually looks pretty sick but it also sucks Its Universal Tiger Stripe.
If you dont believe me Go to
http://www.bdu.com/
Then in the Search Box type "ACU" then when your done click on "The Premium BDU"
Here are some pictures to make my statement more understandable:
The PROPPER Coats Arent the Exact ones except the ones with the green circle that say NIR but the other ones are very simular
ACU Universal
Attached File  F545921394_1_.jpg (31.29K)
Number of downloads: 2
ACU Desert Digital
Attached File  F547038929_1_.jpg (25.61K)
ACU Digital Woodland or MARPAT (Basicly the same thing)
Attached File  F547038393_1_.jpg (28.78K)
Number of downloads: 4
ACU Multi-Cam
Attached File  F541838377_1_.jpg (29.07K)
ABU Universal Tiger stripe
Attached File  F542508376_1_.jpg (33.26K)
Number of downloads: 3
Proof that
Attached File  marines_lcpl_j_cropped_1_.jpg (95.01K)
Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  050509_marinesVests_hmed_4p.h2_1_.jpg (25.68K)
Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  USMC_Barrett_M82A3_1_.jpg (276.58K)
Number of downloads: 7
But we havent gotten it to all of the troops
some of them are still using it

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by paintbal1: 31 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

R.I.P Jeffery Robert Thompson
"Warpaint"
Humboldt Fog Dogs Team Member
Visit our website @ www.humboldtfogdogs.com
Visit our forum @ www.humboldtfogdogs.com/forum
Proudly sponsored by ANSgear, CCM, Scenario Arms, and Tiberius arms
XBL GT: The BRock 0bAmA
<a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=116400" target="_blank">http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...r_banner_01.gif</a>

#55 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

I think ACU (the Army's digital camo pattern) is very effective for the current needs of the Army.
screen shot of a soldier in Iraq wearing ACU.

Posted Image

I believe many people think it's horrible, because they live in an environment of greens and browns.
I have my opinions on the Army using only one camo pattern for everything now.
There should be an arid/desert uniform and a woodland uniform...there's really not a demand
in the woodlands and jungles right now for the Army, so they designed the "ACU" digital pattern.

To me what's wild, is back in the day - we all wore WOODLAND, or tri color desert.
there were minor distinguishing signs to tell the differences between a soldier, marine, or airman.
NOW a days, you can tell from hundreds of feet away.

At times I seriously want to go back in...All the "cool" new stuff these days!!! and no boot polishing!!!
we launched stones back in my days...

I do recall always analyzing woodland when I served and thinking it was way too dark of a pattern
that caused a silhouette in most situations.
I also ditch my issued hat(s) (I always seemed to get the one with a ton of black on on the front) and would hand
select one from the clothing store on base with the proper mix of colors. lol...goodtimes

#56 User is offline   Explosive 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

View PostJKR, on Jan 5 2008, 01:34 AM, said:

Seems like the Marine Corp use some sense with their uniforms I wouldn't expect the Army to move to two styles of uniform.

Hey, Spec Ops can go after a nice fat government contract with the Omnipat pattern! :)

You have to remember the Marine's are a smaller force than the Army. Easier & cheaper for the Marines to make two sets of camouflage for their troops.
The Army put a lot of thought and did tons of testing in order to come up with the "ACU" pattern. It works well in a few environments, not all of course...
*I think they were rushed, because of current wars/conflicts and there was a digi camo race war going on...

One thing the Army wanted to do was eliminate the cost of multiple camouflage uniforms. I don't recall all the details of what I heard, but there's something out there
about how it's not really saving the Army that much money having one standard camo pattern - the uniforms wear out quicker, because there being only one uniform now.
Ah I wish I could recall the details on this!

I seriously think OmniPat for the Army is an excellent idea!!!

This post has been edited by Explosive: 31 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

#57 User is offline   Explosive 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

View Postshade, on Sep 3 2007, 07:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

View PostCrege, on Sep 4 2007, 02:32 PM, said:

...people were wearing some boots that are like a blue or grey that match the acus now. The tan ones stick out like a sore thumb on your couch! :laugh:

for a split second I that was a tan pillow on the couch at first. LOL!

#58 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

The PROPPER Coats Arent the Exact ones except the ones with the green circle that say NIR but the other ones are very simular

PROPPER is a .mil contractor and supplyer, the green"NIR" ARE .gov issue
Ohio paintball members map, add your self and a pic! http://www.frappr.com/clevelandpaintball

IPB Image

#59 User is offline   paintbal1 

• Humboldt Fog Dog
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paintbal1

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

Yea I know, but I said the coats arent the exact ones. I didnt say that propper wasnt a Military Contractor
R.I.P Jeffery Robert Thompson
"Warpaint"
Humboldt Fog Dogs Team Member
Visit our website @ www.humboldtfogdogs.com
Visit our forum @ www.humboldtfogdogs.com/forum
Proudly sponsored by ANSgear, CCM, Scenario Arms, and Tiberius arms
XBL GT: The BRock 0bAmA
<a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=116400" target="_blank">http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...r_banner_01.gif</a>

#60 User is offline   ring 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

View Postpaintbal1, on Aug 1 2008, 02:59 AM, said:

Yea I know, but I said the coats arent the exact ones. I didnt say that propper wasnt a Military Contractor

the point is the NIR propper's are .mil issue, they are the exact ones.

and there is no such thing as "they are issueing darker green ACU's now", the army has not changed the contract, the color shade diffrence you see is nothing more then diffrences in lighting in the pic and fadeing in the cloth and slight diffrences in the dye from batch to bach, but all fall under the contract spec orignal color the army ordered. not to mention a "few" units in the field have tried adding a bit of green dye in the wash in A-stan.

IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users