Special Ops Paintball: Ego8 electromagnetical Ego8 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ego8 electromagnetical Ego8 It's real this time.

#1 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Canyouseeme?

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

From the European Patent office, here's the ego8.
This was deleted on the nation, It isn't supposed to be public, but you guys are special. Ed. :laugh:
ElectroMagnet Ego Patent
Air Powered dynamo Patent

So what is basically happening is that the air is used to spin a fan, which generates electricity to power the electro magnets to cycle the bolt back and forth with tremendous speed, while air is still used to propell the ball. It will be extremely fast and adjustable, and may be the defining point in paintball design.

Well, Post already!
Rock the Snake!
Bill, You made a mistake coming here to the internet paintball community. These people will not be put off, will not accept partial answers and will hold you accountable for everything you say. They are not your typical customer. Even through all the bickering and flaming, the collective consciousness of this community sits at nothing less than the genius level. They are the highest and best of what paintball has to offer. I have trusted and turned to them for years and they have allowed me to walk among them for which I am grateful.
Tom kaye

#2 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

Cooool!
What speeds are we looking at here?

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#3 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

Well solenoids can cycle hundreds of times per second, with minimal dwell, but this has a bolt that has to be moved that has more mass than a noid pin, but it should still be vastly quicker than current markers. I'm making an educated guess, so don't quote me, It's just that I don't think Planet eclipse will be decreasing performance.
Rock the Snake!
Bill, You made a mistake coming here to the internet paintball community. These people will not be put off, will not accept partial answers and will hold you accountable for everything you say. They are not your typical customer. Even through all the bickering and flaming, the collective consciousness of this community sits at nothing less than the genius level. They are the highest and best of what paintball has to offer. I have trusted and turned to them for years and they have allowed me to walk among them for which I am grateful.
Tom kaye

#4 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

So the air from the airline will push a turbine or fan which generates electricity, and as it passes that I suppose moves into the valve. Then the electricity is used to activate electromagnets and move the bolt forward, at the same time opening the valve? That's what I understood from it, and if it works properly, it sounds promising. Just don't put it next to a credit card while firing... :laugh:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#5 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Aug 29 2007, 05:26 PM, said:

So the air from the airline will push a turbine or fan which generates electricity, and as it passes that I suppose moves into the valve. Then the electricity is used to activate electromagnets and move the bolt forward, at the same time opening the valve? That's what I understood from it, and if it works properly, it sounds promising. Just don't put it next to a credit card while firing... :laugh: .

-Z3R0

Yeah, I think that's about it.
Ha, " Aahhh! My mastercard doesn't work!"
Rock the Snake!
Tom kaye

#6 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

I don't see this happening...

They may have patented it, but I don't think they will be producing it next year. If they do, awesome!
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#7 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Aug 29 2007, 05:38 PM, said:

I don't see this happening...

They may have patented it, but I don't think they will be producing it next year. If they do, awesome!

Why not, They've pushed the ego platform to it's limits?
Rock the Snake!
Tom kaye

#8 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

Sorry but i think this is not going to be the 08 or 09 ego. I think they are going to keep on cutting the current model. I cant see this be functional without going back to the size of a shoebox shocker or larger. I think they will tinker with the design for a few years then release it around 2010 at the soonest
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

This seems like one of those things that sounds like a good idea but will end up causing problems when put into field testing. Def a revolutionary idea though.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#10 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

View PostShadowlord, on Aug 29 2007, 08:29 PM, said:

Sorry but i think this is not going to be the 08 or 09 ego. I think they are going to keep on cutting the current model. I cant see this be functional without going back to the size of a shoebox shocker or larger. I think they will tinker with the design for a few years then release it around 2010 at the soonest

Why not, It's basically a giant solenoid? I mean, what can you improve on with the egos now? Shave off half a gram? The Sl-74 is basically two tubes.
Rock the Snake!
Tom kaye

#11 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

really I think that it would be really bulky at first and thats not what players want
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Yay! More pointless upgrades to get people to spend their money.

You can do 45 tribillion BPS, but the tournys still cap you at 15.4......
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#13 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

Man, you guys hate my posts. I go cry. :( Think of it this way. The dwell would be absolutely minimal, allowing a lower tension setting on your loaders and allowing you to use brittle paint. It would also be fairly simple. An electromagnet is just wire wrapped in a circular fashion with an electrical current flowing through it. Also, the bolt is extremely simple, and one is a rotary system. It would also be able to be extremely adjustable. Battery life wouldn't be an issue,as it is charged by airflow. While we're on the subject of air, it would also be very efficient, as post dynamo, all the air has to do is propel the ball. It also might be lighter, due to the fact that it is a single tube marker. I mean, It's all bolt. Come on, let's show a little optimism for a completely new concept. :)
Rock the Snake!
Tom kaye

#14 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

The only problem I really see with this design is how the bolt will have energy while it isn't firing. Think about it, air won't be moving past the turbine once the airlines and valves etc. are all filled, meaning there is no electricity generated to cycle the bolt. So it's going to need an internal battery of some sort to store some energy. So there's an internal battery, a miniature turbine with all of the necessary parts to have it generate electricity, internal airlines (or an open channel for air), electric wiring from the turbine to the battery to the wires near the bolt, a valve, and the bolt. Not very many parts, but it's going to need some thought before it's going to work.

Also, will the air still go through the regulator? Or will the foregrip actually house the turbine and electricity generating parts (and some wires), with the air coming through this? Putting the turbine before the regulator means much more pressure pushing the turbine and more energy produced, but then again, even the regulated pressure should be able to turn the turbine. Hopefully enough to cycle the bolt.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#15 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:57 AM

Interesting, I mean, the first electros were large and bulky, but once this technology gets going it is going to be crazy.

The only problem is getting a hopper to keep up with this.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users