What do you think!? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

View PostThirdI, on Aug 27 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

MacDev Cyborg, one of the sweetest markers out there. FTW!!! i want one sooooo bad. saving up for one...

#17 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

Rate of fire is not required for Daggers. Weight is a bigger issue but still as long as your set up works for you you're set.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#18 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 16 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

Rate of fire is not required for Daggers. Weight is a bigger issue but still as long as your set up works for you you're set.

Yup. So be smart and go with dual pistols! There's nothing like it!!! Do what you can to shoot an Ion before you make a decision. Always try to try out a new marker you are thinking about buying. There are tons of Ions being used right now, so it shouldn't be hard to find someone willing to let you try it out.
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#19 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

dual pistols are a terrible idea. Not only are they harder to reload then one, but they have less range then a pump. But you are right about trying out a marker before you buy it. Something like an ion has so many modifications that you should shoot a few.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#20 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Post icon  Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

View PostBielerga, on Oct 1 2007, 11:45 AM, said:

dual pistols are a terrible idea. Not only are they harder to reload then one, but they have less range then a pump.

Don't knock it til ya tried it! And with the new Overlord mags being cheaper, reloading the paint is a snap! Besides, if you're a Dagger, just how much long-balling are you really doing?! I've been playing so long I needed something new to get that adrenaline back (sounds like an addiction, I know. so what?!) and dual-weilding pistols is a blast! really, I primarily just use 1, then pull out the other when the time is right. But this is a discusion for a different thread, so I'll stop.
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#21 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostThirdI, on Aug 27 2007, 04:46 PM, said:

A-5's are great and Ion's aren't so great. By the time you get done upgrading your Ion, you'd be better off getting a Mini or possibly even a MacDev Cyborg, one of the sweetest markers out there. If you'll PM me and ask for it, I can send you a link to a place where you can get a new '06 for $650 which is about what you'll spend by the time you're upgrading the Ion. I just don't want to post a link to a non-SO marker dealer here.

If you are set on getting an Ion, keep the A-5 as a backup. But yes, a lighter marker would generally be considered better, especially for an up-front player. Just remember, the most important skill for a Dagger is knowing how to play the other positions just as well.

FACT #1: Ions are as good as any other marker. I used one exclusively for three years with no more upgrades than a feedneck, Firebolt and a SP 360 QEV. I used this marker usually three times a month for those three years, all across the country, playing in rain, sliding in mud, in hot dusty conditions, and in late night fog and even freezing cold without so much as ever losing an O-ring.

FACT #2: You DO NOT have to spend $650 on either an A5 or an Ion to make it a "performer". And even if you did, you could do that over time, upgrading as you wanted or could afford. instead of having to spend your college tuition to pay for a high end marker all at once.

FACT #3: and the most important to ANY paintballer at any position! Get a marker/tank set up that FITS you! It should fit you physically as well as fit your pocketbook. A dagger can use a pump as easily as an A5 or an electro to play his position, As long as he understands the limitations of his equipment and plays accordingly. Being a Dagger has more to do with an aggressive, fast paced, bold style of play than it does about what kind of paint sprayer you hold in your hands. It has to do more with what you have between the ears and between your lungs than between your palms.

Daggers flank...so you have to know when to use stealth to get behind your opponent.

Daggers bunker or charge a key opponent to give their team an edge (or take the edge away from their opponent) so you have to know not only "when" to move, but how to do it and hopefully stay alive...as well as have the cajones to sacrifice yourself if it's for the betterment of the team.

Daggers are the runners, so the better shape you're in the more you can do for your team.

Daggers may be the "Glory hounds" of the team, but they can not be selfish, otherwise they are not playing as part of the TEAM.

I still have that Ion, keep it in my gear bag as a loaner or a back up. Now I use a Shocker, not because it may be better, but because it is what I WANT to shoot. You should get what you WANT to shoot, that's most likely what you will be happier using. When you play with WHAT you want, you play the WAY you want.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users