Special Ops Paintball: should specialops re-do the brigade officers test? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

should specialops re-do the brigade officers test? note: not trying to flame... Rate Topic: -----

Poll: should there be a new brigade officers test? (75 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think the brigade officers test should be rewriten?

1. yes (54 votes [72.00%])

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. no (21 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

did you run into questions that had multiple right answers?

1. yes (65 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

2. no (10 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

did you run into a question that was confusing or could have been clarified?

1. yes (65 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

2. no (10 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

did you run into a question that you feel you had the right answer mared wrong?

1. yes (58 votes [77.33%])

Percentage of vote: 77.33%

2. no (17 votes [22.67%])

Percentage of vote: 22.67%

did you feel like the test was poorly put together or poorly co-ordinated?

1. yes (25 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. no (50 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

In my opinion, why have a test at all if they make it so that any shmoe can pass it on his first try? I commend Special Ops for not dehabilitating us by making things too easy. First of all they state on the page before activating the test that many of the questions are based on their personal opinions. They also state very plainly that those opinions are "battle tested" so they are as solid as they can possibly be. Will they apply to every situation? no, of course not! But they are still the logical choice according to the reading that Special Ops provides. All the information needed to pass the tests is contained in the articles of their intelligence page as well. I studied hard before I took the test and I still failed the first time. I wasn't upset at all. There are certain things that spec ops wants us to learn because it will add to the sport and hopefully make the game more fun and more challenging to all of us. I think it is great to have another motivation to read the articles that are posted there. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that some improvements can be made to the wording on a few of the questions (especially the strategical ones) I also think it would be a great idea to have a pool of around 100 questions from which 50 or so questions would be randomly selected when you open the test. I applaud Special Ops for keeping things like elite status and the officer test difficult. I passed the test the second time around (after a LOT more study) and it meant something to me because of the difficulty. I hope to someday attain elite status as well because it is a goal worth working toward. I hope I didn't step on too many toes with this comment but just like in school, even if you don't agree with the teacher on evolution or the big bang theory, you had better bet that the correct answer will be the one they told you to write down in your notes. Besides, if everyone was an officer. . . who would do the fighting?
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#17 User is offline   HASTE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

My only problem with it is that some of the questions were difficult to understand. It should be hard though, I wouldn't want someone leading my team if they didn't understand basic tactics, or general paintball knowledge.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users