• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiple markers Too much? Not enough? Rate Topic: -----

#31 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Lol. You know your good when you get tons of kills with a BE Talon.

#32 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

View PostHouse of Daggers, on Aug 19 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

Wheres Trey? I think he could tell you the joys of having multiple markers.

Personally, I would like to have one of each type of marker.

My thoughts too.

#33 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

I've got three markers: AGD E-Mag, q-loaded Tippman A5 with Longbow stock, and a pump-kitted WGP Trilogy.

The E-Mag gets used for everything. It is superior to everything else I've ever gotten to play with. The pump Trilogy is a lot of fun when I want to run extremely light. It's open class, so it's a good compromise. The only thing I'd like in addition to these two is a full stock class marker.

Oh, yeah, the A5. I haven't used the A5 even once since I got my E-Mag. It sits in the closet, lonely. It's just such an inferior marker in comparison.

The way I see it, multiple markers are great for collectors, etc. But they're unnecessary. A single high end can and will fulfill all of your needs. Well, except that of a pump, which is why I have one of those, too!

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#34 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

View PostBlueDragonX, on Aug 20 2007, 01:15 PM, said:

I've got three markers: AGD E-Mag, q-loaded Tippman A5 with Longbow stock, and a pump-kitted WGP Trilogy.

The E-Mag gets used for everything. It is superior to everything else I've ever gotten to play with. The pump Trilogy is a lot of fun when I want to run extremely light. It's open class, so it's a good compromise. The only thing I'd like in addition to these two is a full stock class marker.

Oh, yeah, the A5. I haven't used the A5 even once since I got my E-Mag. It sits in the closet, lonely. It's just such an inferior marker in comparison.

The way I see it, multiple markers are great for collectors, etc. But they're unnecessary. A single high end can and will fulfill all of your needs. Well, except that of a pump, which is why I have one of those, too!

hmm. I see where you're coming from. I guess, though, that's why I want several different types of guns set up different ways.
Example: I play a lot of Rainbow 6 Vegas on Xbox. Sometimes I feel like running around with a shotgun and getting close range kills. Sometimes I like the challenge of using a pistol to get kills. Sometimes I want full auto, lead spraying everywhere. Sometimes I want to snipe. Etc. I guess I have the same hope for my paintball "arsenal". I would enjoy being able to switch up my gameplay and strategy by stowing the electro and pulling out my Tib 8 or stock class marker. It would be really fun for me.

#35 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Man i think having a different gun for different purposes is good like one for fastball another for sniping etc.. but that deppends more in which kinda games u play, if u play fastball theres no sense of buying a gun that is for woodsball if u dont play it or viceverse.
In my case i play almost everything, woodsball more than anythig else, have my old and nice spyder imagine that i use for fastball and my ariakon with alot of accesories that i added for woodsball, im saving up money for a pistol so i can have 2 guns in the field at the same time... this is all the guns i need for my game style and i think u should have ur own style so think about what u play and what u want before spending ur money in something that u wont use.
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#36 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

I have 12ish guns now....
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#37 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

I've pretty much decided on the following at this point:
-Keep the Spyder
-Keep the Rail
-Phantom Pump
-Tiberius 9 Rifle/Pistol combo. Exactly what I want. I can have the pistol, I can have a nice mil-simmy woodsball/scenario gun, and it's only about 3-400 bucks.

#38 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

meh, all a person needs is a Nelspot or a PGP... everything after that is just gravy

#39 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

i have 2 a-5s, an ego, a etek, and i'm looking to buy a automag
it's never bad to have too many markers
better to have extra markers for others to use, instead of being caught without anymore
i've always lended out my extras, specifically for the people who have automags with me and they crap out their x-valves
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#40 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:16 AM

"Perfection is not achieved by adding. Perfection is achieved by taking away." - (paraphrased) Zen saying

I have one marker. I usually "leap-frog," buying a new marker, deciding if it's better than the last and ditching the previous one.
The only other marker I'm really considering right now is a PGP, stock class pump pistol.

I don't want a wall of markers - or a wall of anything for that matter. "More stuff" is just more to worry about, more to insure, more to break, more to get stolen, more to depreciate, more to have money tied up in.

This post has been edited by C.J.: 22 August 2007 - 06:16 AM

#41 User is offline   Red_Raven 

• Dex Raven of the clan McRaven
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Red_Raven

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

well i for one am a firm believer of having multiple markers to overcome the many out there that have distinct advantages over eachother
have a mech and an electric in handy, and have a/or back ups for either one
sure more money but your already halfway there, and even with perfection, there is boredom, (can't remember which book had that qoute)
i think there is no such thing as perfection, being christian and all that
in either case, it's not bad to have a back up at all, be prepared and protect yourself, overcoming and adapting, and improvise is a number one benefitting factor
about survival, better to get caught with one marker working and having another one ready then have none at all
it has saved lives in wars, it can most certainly be deployed in paintball, besides, they allow players to carry multiple markers, take full advantage of it :]
inspiring dread and fear is but many of my enjoyable attributes, welcome it

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#42 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

I've seen people with a trunk full of markers too and short of just showing off they never seem to get used. A primary is all you need and a back up is nice to have but don't get into the trap of thinking you need all the extras. I'm going to pull a statistic out of the air and say that 99% of all paintball players will never find themselves sitting out of a game for not having the required type of marker.

#43 User is offline   silenthornet 

• Insert witty phrase here
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:silenthornet

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

If I had a bigger income (lol $10 a week including extra chores) I'd go for a gun for all situations. That or buy an a-5 and get upgrades for each position (like have a designated 'dagger kit' you could put on it when you wanna play dagger, broadsword, sniper... whatever). If I had cash, first I'd buy a kit just to let me play (vest, gun, camo) then I'd save up for maybe an electro or a longbow.

My gun goals:
Longbow
Some electro
a-5a2
Tiberius 8 (good backup, my friend played 3 games with it cuz his main went down and didn't have time to fix)
It is dark. You are likely to be flanked.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users